The Person Below Me...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KanoasDestiny

Reaction score
Here's the instructions -

I'll start by naming a book that starts with the letter A. The next person has to name a book that starts with the letter B, and so on.

The goal is to introduce members to some books that they may not be familiar with. It would help if you listed the name, author, genre, and maybe a brief description if you'd like. And please feel free to post as many times as you want, the only catch is that you can not post for two letters in a row (example; A and B). So here we go....

"A Matter of Magic" by Patricia C. Wrede (Historical Fantasy Romance). A pick pocket is hired to break into a magician's traveling wagon and is caught in the act. The magician takes a liking to her and she becomes his apprentice, and before she knows it, she is thrown into a world of murder, magic, and mystery.

Ok, who has a book title that starts with a B?
default_smile.png

Bitterblue, by Kristin Cashore.

Fantasy-I really liked this one, though the genre may not appeal to most. I'll try to find a good description of it when I have my computer.

Cinder (Luna Chronicles Series) -Young Adult Fantasy?

It's a twist on the Cinderella story, Cinder is a Cyborg. Here is the description from Amazon:

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . .

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.

Decider by Dick Francis.

The main character is an architect who owns some racing shares. When the board of directors gets divided about whether to spend the money on the grounds or sell it, all the intrigue, personalities, and desperate characters come out of the woodwork.

Just finished this one.

Eaters by Michelle Depaepe - a woman and her fiance return from a secluded camping trip to find out that an epidemic is spreading that kills those who are infected and reanimates them as zombies

I loved this story! It was just like The Walking Dead. The writer is currently working on the sequel.

Kim, I had no idea that's what Cinder was about!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reminder, I remember that from the Dec. list. I want to read that one since I've gotten into the walking dead. F is for something by that lady mystery writer who's books all start with letters. That's the best I can do. lol

I think you mean...

F is for Fugitive by Sue Grafton? I've never read those books but I know of the series.
default_smile.png

Thanks, I was having a senior moment! I have gotten through to the letter V. Last year I read so many books that I lost track of the titles and authors.

I'll play, "Guilty as Sin" by Tami Hoag.

It's a novel of suspence, and very intense.

A chilling study of Evil!

A cold blooded kidnapper has been playing a twisted game and terrifing a small town. He's kidnapper two boys and presecuter Ellen North thinks she has built up a case against the suspect.

Heart of Stone (Negotiator Trilogy) by C.E. Murphy. Urban fantasy about a woman who goes for a jog one night and is thrown into a world full of magical beings and murder. When a member of the Old Races is suspected of murdering a human, he needs her help to find the real killer before his true identity is found out.

"IT" by Steven King, I first read this one back in 1987, need to reread it as I've forgotten alot of the story, but it is about six boys and one girl and starts when they are kids called the LOSERS, then follows them to adults.

Derry: a small town in Maine is as hautingly familiar as your own home town. Only in derry the haunting is real!

Horror!

Nothing on my shelf starts with a 'J'! Lol. So I had to settle on a child's book.

Just Tell Me When We're Dead by Eth Clifford. Children's adventure about two girls who follow their runaway cousin to a deserted amusement park on a small island. While there, the rides start to come alive with no one at the controls.

I think it's a great game too, just haven't been able to think of a book when the letter presents itself! Still quite a few to go, surely I'll manage to jump in sometime ....

Yeah! I get to post "K"

King of the Wind, by Marguerite Henry, The story of the Godolphin arabian.

This book was first published in 1948, it has always been one of my favorites from my childhood, I think it inspired me to fall in love with the arabian horse. It is the story of a boy, a cat, and an orphan colt that grows up to be one of the foundation sires of todays race horses, including Big Red. It is amust read for those of us that love our horses.

Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos - Fiction (adult)

I love this book! I'm terrible at giving a description, so this one is from Amazon.

When Martin Grace enters the hip Philadelphia coffee shop Cornelia Brown manages, her life changes forever. But little does she know that her newfound love is only the harbinger of greater changes to come. Meanwhile, across town, Clare Hobbs—eleven years old and abandoned by her erratic mother—goes looking for her lost father. She crosses paths with Cornelia while meeting with him at the café, and the two women form an improbable friendship that carries them through the unpredictable currents of love and life.

Love Walked In, the first novel by award-winning poet Marisa de los Santos, is bursting with keen insight and beautifully rendered prose. Invoking classic movies to illuminate the mystery and wonder of love in all its permutations, Love Walked In is an uplifting debut that marks the entrance of an enchanting literary voice.

Show more

Show less

Yeah! I get to post "K"

King of the Wind, by Marguerite Henry, The story of the Godolphin arabian.

This book was first published in 1948, it has always been one of my favorites from my childhood, I think it inspired me to fall in love with the arabian horse. It is the story of a boy, a cat, and an orphan colt that grows up to be one of the foundation sires of todays race horses, including Big Red. It is amust read for those of us that love our horses.
I can never reread this book. Isn't it the one where the horses are a fine gift from a sheik and the gift goes awry? It is too sad. Just a heads up, for other people like me who don't like sad books. I saw a nice copy on the library sale table this week.

Moon Called (Mercy Thompson Series) by Patricia Briggs. Urban Fantasy about a female mechanic living among things that go bump in the night. But she's not exactly human herself.

for the letter "N":

Night Sins, by Tami Hoag,

Suspence

A peaceful Minnisota town, where crime is something that just doesn't happen, is about to face its worst nightmare. A young boy dissappears, there are no witnesses. no clue, only a note. Has a cruel kidnapper struck, or is there a serial killer?

Sara, I have a question about books that start with "THE" I have alot of them, such as The Manhatten Hunt Club, ETc. do we wait for the letter "T" and if we do, can we post more then one?

Latest posts

Back