The big battle officially begins tomorrow

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linda_H

Reaction score
Finally, after 2 months of testing & surgeries my husband starts his radiation & chemo at Dana Farber

Today they did a "run through for radiation where they went through the whole process except for using the radiation machine I have to admit it was upsetting seeing him on that table with the mask on because they were not able to find the primary site, his radiation is quite extensive from his forehead to collarbone The mask is very tight & he is clamped down Tomorrow he is bringing a few new Cds to help as it is even hard to breathe with that on

At least with the chemo I can be with him He will have radiation Mon-Fri until April 7 and 3 rounds of chemo

He had a feeding tube put in due to the fact that he may not be able to swallow after 3-4 weeks he hates it & I do not blame him My daughter who is an occupational therapist is making a loose type of abdominal binder to cover it with a sort of pocket to put the tube in It catches on everything & even when I tape it it is still very visible to him

Please pray for us that his treatmnent goes OK I know this weekend will be rough but we have a virtual med closet ready!

[SIZE=14pt]Linda you know I am praying for Rick and for you....[/SIZE]

Lyn

You have my prayers. My dad went through this very thing and came through well. He refused the feeding tube and lived on Ensure.

Well, the waiting is over. Now you can get down to it. What a huge thing to have hanging over you. I remember when I first started going to the cancer clinic and seeing people who were very obviously there getting treatments and they were so calm and serene and just getting on with the job with living there lives the best they could at the time and I had a hard time grasping that as I was so scared of even being diagnosed with the big C word. I was one of the lucky ones and wasn't. I hope that you can find peace as a family to get through this in the calmest, easiest way possible and things get better for you all. Hugs for you all, I will be thinking about all of you and wishing you all the best.

Pam

We'll keep the whole family on our prayer list for you!
default_pray.gif
:

I will keep you in my thoughts.......just remember and remind him of all the reasons to go on.....chemo stinks and often makes people feel worse than when they started...so try to keep him as involved in the things he enjoys as possible......my grandmother went into remission for 5 years+ and it was her job, family, hobby (gardening and reading) that I swear kept her going when she didn't want to go on.......

This chemo sounds really scary. A walk thru before the actual chemo begins is a good thing for Rick and for you. He will do fine I'm sure. Please tell Rick I'm praying for him a full recovery.

You will both be in my prayers for this time to pass quickly and for Rick to come out of this well.

Keeping you both in my prayers. I pray that the treatments kill off all those nasty cancer cells.

Oh, I wanted to add something. When my mom was having radiation treatments one of the videos she watched had something interesting on it. They suggested when you're having the treatments to use visualization...but not what you'd think. Supposedly if you visualize a cool place, snow or taking a swim in a cool pond etc that it's supposed to help your skin from getting burned. Just thought I'd pass it on...couldn't hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck and best wishes to you and your hubby. You are both continually in my prayers.

Back