update on my husband

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linda_H

Reaction score
I thought since you have all been so supporive that I would update you on his progress

So far he is doing well he is over his 1st chemo cycle & thanks to a zillion drugs he had nausea & crummy feelings & some minor effects but no real bad ones His next is on the 16th

Tomorrow we meet with swallowing and speech person with exercises for when he cannot eat

The radiation is just now beginning to give him trouble- He has thrush which prevents him from eating without pain meds. His skin is beginning to redden and he is tired

The kicker is that my stepmonster announced through her lawyer that she is selling the farm- as I had mentioned it is the oldest one in the country still owned by same family- uinfortunately this was not her family but my late dad's. Her timing speaks to the kind of person she has alwasy been Poor Rick is being distracted away from his treatment & postitve thoughts worrying about this - not good

I would love it if we could manage to move animals & all but I am not prepared to think any farther than Ricks getting better

We really need a good lawyer but with Rick out on disabailty & me staying home to care for him that is a challenege I must belive that it will all work out & we will be better off in the end Some day this woman will get her come- uppance She has tteid to ruin my life since I was 10 yeasr old

keep those prayers coming!

So sorry to hear about the family problems w/your stepmonster.
default_sad.png
Just seems so unnecessary to be that way on top of what you're already having to go through.

You won't regret focusing on what's truly important and I can see that you are wise enough to know that. I will continue to hope for a full recovery and a lessening of side effects. So sorry to hear he's feeling bad but I hope it is in pursuit of perfect health again!!!

Thank you for the update, Linda, my thoughts are with you both.

Liz M.

So sorry to hear about your stepmonster - I've been there in the past, had 2 stepmonsters (only lasted briefly thank God) and my dad finally got it right. Keep focusing on what is really important and that is getting Rick better. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Barbie

Sure thing....continued prayers coming your way!
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

[SIZE=14pt]Linda, We will continue to pray for you and Rick... also for your situation. Also know that Uno is safe and happy, Partying with some girls this week.... getting ready tp show soon. If you want us to keep him longer than 07 till you get yourself another place he can stay as long as you need. If you need your filly to stay somewhere else for a while too just let us know.[/SIZE]

Lyn

I sure like that term - "stepmonster"! Don't let her get to you.....stay focussed on the important person in your life - NOT her. Prayers coming your way, that the right things will happen and fall into place for you.

Blessings,

MA

Your stepmonster's timing is just amazing isn't it?

Boy oh boy some people on this earth really are going to get their just rewards someday..........darn that woman.

Well right now your hands are tied and it's so important to you to keep the focus on your hubby and to try and keep his mind off of everything else except getting him well again. Hope he ralleys for you all very soon. Keep the faith and don't ever let it go.

Keeping your husband in my prayers. He needs to stay focused on his health! Really nasty that your stepmonster had to do this now.......probably intentional since she knows it's a bad time for you to fight it........what a B#@$H!! I always believe in what comes around goes around......she'll get hers one day!

Thanks for the update, I have been thinking about you and Rick. Sorry that you have been given other things to worry about at this stressful time. Just keep your focus on the important things! Prayers and hugs coming your way!!

Thanks for the update Linda! I was praying for you all last night and decided to post today to ask for an update. You beat me to it!

Well, I'm sorry about the farm, but in the grand scheme of life, it really isn't that important. The focus should remain on Rick and what happens to the farm happens. I sort of understand how you feel about losing it. My grandfather had many things that belonged to him and my grandmother and she passed away when I was 11. He promised me many VERY special things upon his death, however he remarried this witch of a woman who outlived him and we didn't see a single item. I was heartbroken. There were things my grandfather WANTED me to have. As I've gotten older, I realized they were just material things and it would have been NICE to have them, but I have the memories and that is what really matters to me.

Anyhow, prayers continuing for your family...

(((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

Thank you for the update. Continued prayers for a speedy recovery for Rick and as little pain as possible, and that things work out as far as your family farm. So sorry to hear that your family farm may be sold.

Back