good news finally!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linda_H

Reaction score
Rick had his appointment at Dana Farber with his oncologist today The nodes in his lungs were not cancer but instead sarcoidosis, a chronic condition of inflamed nodes in an organ It may cause problems down the line from scarring but it sure beats the diagnosis of cancer!!
default_yes.gif
:

So- he is back on the curable track of radiation & chemo He will have 7 weeks of radiation, 5 days a week and chemo 3 times with Cysplatin he has to have a feeding tube inserted now because of the swallowing and mouth sore issues during treatment He is not thrilled about that but he will do just fine My goal for him is that he can get back on the golf course this season ( Boy, I never thought I would say that-!!!)

Thank you all for the prayers & kind thoughts It is far from over but we have hope now :aktion033:

:aktion033: :aktion033:

I am delighted to hear this wonderful news!!!!!!!!

You must be on cloud nine!

Thanks for sharing the good news with us!

Bonnie

Linda,

You both must be totally relieved that you didn't have TWO issues to deal with!

Wonderful Awesome news!!!!

MA

Sounds like you just "won the lottery" :aktion033: I am so thrilled for you both and hope the treatments go well.

There will be some days which are not so good....please try to keep yourselves knowing it is temporary. Vow to have patience, you will find it invaluable. As they go through the treatments, you will find that it affects them in ways you may not have considered. Such as, their tastes will change and they may not be able to tolerate odors that once were fine, etc. So when you prepare his favorite meal and as you sit the plate on the table you find it makes him sick, or once he takes a bite it isn't tasting good, etc., etc. Just smile, quickly remove the items and gladly start over! "metallic" is a term that comes to mind. Be inovative, be prepared, be flexible, be understanding -- you think the stress on you is bad (and it IS!!), remember they are the ones undergoing extreme treatments. Ensure is good to have on hand, some days it is what is tolerable and requires no cooking, has protein, vitamins, minerals. Hey, it makes a decent "treat" when whipped in a blender with ice into a shake. (Yes, I know you said a feed tube but, later you may need this advice.....also, I found I couldn't cook for me either -- odors -- so, prepare yourself).

Been there.......and if you ever need to "talk" feel free to email me!!

:aktion033: :aktion033: Wonderful news..please keep us posted..

[SIZE=14pt]Better than the lottery! Congratulations![/SIZE]

Lyn

Oh, Linda and Rick, you don't know how hard I've wished for something like this to happen for you, and I am so glad that you have gotten a better break.

Thank you for sharing your good news with us and I will hope that it grows and flourishes, that Rick and you will be able to enjoy a long and happy life together without that dark cloud over you.

Liz M.

:aktion033: :aktion033: I'm so happy for you two! :aktion033: :aktion033:

Thats wonderful news!! I can imagine the relief you feel, and the anticipation of the coming spring and golfing! Way to go....stay strong Rick, prayers for a speedy recovery!

That is the best news I've heard all day! I'm sooooo happy for you both!!! As if the ONE situation wasn't enough! Glad it's just the one and that all is looking brighter now!!! :aktion033:

Wonderful news!! Hang in there and he'll be back on the golf course in no time!! :bgrin

That is wonderful news Linda!! I have sarcoidosis myself, was diagnosed in 2002, if you want to PM me about it feel free...

Pam

That certainly is the news we were all hoping to hear from you. The sense of relief must have the whole family feeling better. Any plans to celebrate when the treatments are completed ??

Back