Tease Looking Close? Maybe? Hopefully?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry! I use the program to look at the cam so had no idea the online one wasnt working. Not much to say other than shes still preggers.

Im really wondering if the date is wrong. Ughh. We have had some go late this year (along with everyone else) but I wonder if in this case its the date. But like hubby said even if the dates wrong she would be due again the 25th of this month so either way we have to be close

Still sicker than a dog with the flu. Hope this stops soon

Kay, I think the lack of sleep causes us to be weaker cos I got the flu just after Britt gave birth and what with her having loads of problems after I didn't get a full nights sleep for weeks. Please let us help. Tell us what time you will go to bed and until what time you will sleep and we will watch her for you.

I think you are so right. I think I am just really run down. Today has been bad as this stuff moved to my ears so now I have a horrible earache.

I am too sick to go check her but Russ said she was kicking the wall like crazy when he was in the barn feeding. I asked him if he checked her and he said she was being too witchy.

I really want to take some Nyquil but I am afraid I wont be able to wake up if she foals. Ughh.

Thank you all so much for your help. I feel so bad that I posted her too soon. These maiden mares are so tricky.

If anyone can help check her tonight Russ would really appreciate the help. I have got to try to get some sleep and see if I can throw this flu bug. My head is just pounding

Please never hesitate to call or text if you think you see something. Would rather have a false alarm then miss it

Kay, I watch her nightly from at least 12am-3am, but I usually "tune in" much earlier. Im watching her now. Go get some rest, If something comes up and I would have to leave for any reason (highly unlikely), I can call you so you know to keep an eye on her

thank you thank you thank you thank you

I have my cell next to the bed.

going to lay my pounding head down

Oh, my! She looks like she would be miserable!
default_sad.png
I think she looks a lot bigger today, too.
default_new_shocked.gif
Hopefully it's getting into position!

Kay, I hope you get to feeling better real soon!
default_yes.gif

Well it's 2:40 am Kay's time and Tease is doing a lot of standing; but I see a lot of the tummy kicking, side biting and shifting of weight more than usual (to me anyway). I know people are watching and I hope Kay is sleeping and healing; knowing good friends will wake her if it's time. I want to stay up; but I know I have to go to bed-I just know I'm going to miss it!
default_no.gif

Its 4 am tease time and she is moving around but that tail is out but I dont know I think she might hang on a while longer - maybe she will give you a day foaling - we can only hope

I cant thank you guys enough! Last night was the first almost full night of sleep I have had in who knows how long.

Tease is acting a little odd out in the pasture but it warmed up again so I am not sure if its the temp change or ?

Unfortunately it went to my ears so I cannot hear a thing. Its that feeling like your head is underwater ughhh. I am taking sudafed hoping that will help. The fever has stopped though so thats a good thing. Surely I am coming to the end of this because I really dont have time to be sick. I feel so bad that Russ is having to do everything. Im going to try to eat today and get some energy going again. Just really bad timing to get sick with the flu.

Im watching her closely outside as shes just still acting odd. If I think shes going to do something I will put her back in. Not having any foals born in the mud here. For once when I went out she was all lovey dovey to me like she used to be. Right now shes standing at the door to the barn all by herself. Still rubbing those back legs together ughh.

You guys are awesome! If you all ever need help I am there!

Am so sorry to hear that naughty Tease is still hanging on to that foal of hers. But I'm even more sorry that you seem to have got this awful cold - cum - flu bug. You are describing exactly what I have been going through for the past 3 weeks (!!) and I'm not one to normally pick up bugs. One minute I'm sweating, the next I'm shivering (and piling on all my winter thermals when the outside temps are Spring like). Head is filled up with cotton wool and all I can hear is a continuous buzz and the sound of my heart beat throbbing in my ears. Never had anything like it before - its dreadful! Thoughts of food make me feel sick, but I am managing some yoghurt and fruit drinks, trying to keep my strength up! I manage to crawl out in the morning to do an hour's worth of work and then I'm finished to the point of collapse. Luckily we are not foaling mares at the moment and I do have help from the family, but there is no way that I could sit up watching a mare all night. Hopefully your wonderful watchers can keep going as you must rest as much as possible. This is not a normal bug and need to be given 'respect'.

Do be careful not to take too may sudafed - several years ago my daughter took just the recommended amount, but over several days, and we had to call the Doc as she sudddenly collapsed suffering from cluster migraines and was in agony. The Doc said this was not unusual when Sudafed was taken over several days, so please be careful.

Sending you healing thoughts and ((((HUGS))))

Anna

One minute I'm sweating, the next I'm shivering (and piling on all my winter thermals when the outside temps are Spring like). Head is filled up with cotton wool and all I can hear is a continuous buzz and the sound of my heart beat throbbing in my ears.
That is exactly how I feel! My head is just mush. Just going out to feed and put horses up about did me in. Ill be so glad when hubby gets home tonight. Its like Karla and I said awhile back - there are no sick days when you own horses. Man I hope this doesnt last 3 weeks.

tease looks pretty much the same when I put her in. I just dont know what to think anymore. I suspect we will see some kind of change before she foals but who knows

Hey, I saw you out there with your lttle torch checking Tease's udder. Good that your cat came to help. That was the most activity I've seen yet.
default_biggrin.png

Hope you are feeling better soon.

GO TEASE!

I'm not sure if I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing, it could just be the camera, but it looks like that foal is really jumping around a lot tonight!
default_new_shocked.gif

Glad you are starting to feel better Kay - there is nothing worse then being sick and also anxious about your maiden.

But I think I am going to have to ring you and you can bring the phone to the barn put me on loud speaker and I shall have words with this little lady
default_new_argue.gif
Or I could try a bit of the Irish charm on her or maybe a Cúpla focal sa Ghaeilge ie. a couple of words in Irish
default_biggrin.png

Please take it easy Kay, these things take time to heal. I really don't think you will have to run to the barn any time soon. Tease seems to be keeping you company in the resting department
laugh.gif
she was just flat out dreaming.

I hope you are feeling better today. Just checked in on Tease. I check several times a day.

Rest and chicken soup.

Latest posts

Back