Tease Looking Close? Maybe? Hopefully?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kaykay said:
Cam is back live if anyone wants to peek at Tease and Annie. If you see me giving shots etc she will faint so just be aware
default_smile.png
She always wakes up quickly though.
Ooh, I can't wait to get home and take a look! Even the fainting foal thing is interesting when you know she's okay.

So glad things turned out well!
default_aktion033.gif

Leia

Im so sorry about the cam. It went down and hubby doesnt know how to restart it. He refused to wake me up and he had made me hand over even my cell phone when I went to bed. He walked to the barn a couple times last night and this morning to check her. I told him he should have woken me up!! Silly man. His RA is flaring really bad ever since the night he had to wrestle with Tease, so I hate that he kept walking out there.

She has not fainted with the last couple shots so thats good! Still no fever last night so they get to go outside today! I will leave their stall open so they can just go in and out. Supposed to be really hot so I will let them out early and then probably put them up back in the stall with the fan when the heat starts

Cam is back
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Kay I hope you had a well deserved good nights rest.

My 3 year old walked past the pc last night and said "mummy that baby is very pretty, can we buy her?" a few seconds of silence and then he said " but then her mummy would be sad like Britt is so we better buy her mummy too" I laughed and said "that would be quite a lot of money" and he said, "we could ask Grandad cos he has loaaaadddddddds of money"
laugh.gif
I am not sure if my dad would agree.Lmao

Have a good day Kay

Hi Kay,It was great to talk to you today! Sometimes we just have to stop and catch our breath!
default_yes.gif
Wanalynn and I just want to say what a great job you guys have done with Tease and her baby! She's not completely out of the woods yet, but I see a lot of light at the edge of the trees! Keep up the great work and please get some much needed rest!

Bill
default_yes.gif
Bill thank you so much for the phone call! Here we have seen each other on LB for so many years and never got to chat. So great taking a break and getting to know you guys.

Kay I forgot to mention my little filly out of My girl Jazz was a fainting foal scared me to death. She hasn't done it since she was first born so hoping she grow out of it but it really was scary. Do you know why this happens?
Tp they do grow out of it! Most will outgrow it by a few weeks and some a few months. Heres an article in thehorse.com that Robin Cole and I contributed to

Fainting Foals

Many vets feel its a form of narcolepsy but with the minis it seems to be temporary. I have seen it run in certain bloodlines.

I also see it happen more in foals where the cord breaks too soon. I hate when the cord breaks early as my experience is that those foals are always a little slower to get going. That cord blood is full of oxygen. Annies cord broke within seconds of her being born.

Its so funny that you all mentioned a book. You all know I love to write. I have a whole series of articles on minis & ponies on Yahoo and someone said "you should put it all together in a book" so I wrote a book on foaling minis and ponies back in February. Its going to be offered as an Kindle book on Amazon. Im just waiting on a cover to be done and formatting. Maybe it was delayed so I could add this chapter LOL. So odd how things work out. I really thought I had seen almost everything until this happened with annie. A septic foal and a rejected foal are two things I had never dealt with. While I have helped with septic foals down at Sallys farm (foaling facility) I have never seen one present how Annie did. She was not an obvious septic foal like I have worked with previously.

Tease and Annie are outside. Good news for them. Wish I could see what Tease was like outside for the first time. Annie did not floolw at first so Tease ccame back for her. bonding is really there now I would assume. Great news Kay
default_aktion033.gif

What an amazing story this has been with highs and lows and then an ideal ending. Just loved seeing that beautiful filly outside in step with her mother. Great job!

Annie is even more beautiful ( if thats possible )out side!! What an awesome sight!! Like 2 peas in a pod. Annie takes such long strides, I love watching them Thanks

It IS good to see them outside! And Annie does looks even better. See is going to be even more eyecatching as she matures. Lovely! So happy for you Kay.
default_biggrin.png

She is just so beautiful and its so lovely to see them out together. I am so glad this story had a happy ending.

Oh thank you Kay - this is the first glimpse I have had of the pair of them (my marestare doen't work). It bought tears to my eyes - Annie is simply stunning and Tease looks every inch the proud Momma. Beautiful, just beautiful!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

What an amazing story this has been - a long and difficult battle, so many prayers said, new friendships being formed - bringing us all to this wonderful and happy conclusion.

It is also the story of an amazing person, who, despite her own health problems, refused to give up, it was her determination alone that in the end won through. Kay you must be so justifiably proud when you see little Annie, with her whole future now in front of her, happily trotting beside a now relaxed and settled Tease.

Congratulations and thank you for letting us share in this long journey. It has meant so much to us.
default_yes.gif

Anna

Just watched (many times) your outside video of the girls. Amazingly beautiful.
default_wub.png

I can't believe how emotional I feel about 2 little horses on the other side of the world.

What an amazing "journey" we have all been on and all thanks to the Internet, Marestare and Líl Beginnings.

Even with all its faults what an amazing time we live in.

Now must go and have another look at the girls.

Thanks Kay.
default_firstprize.gif

I hate to say this but dont want people wondering about action in the stall

Annie is very sick again. Very high fever much higher than before.

Waiting on vet

Sally cant bring new meds for about another hour but I gave her the fever reducer. Tease is beside herself as she did not want back in that stall.

Sally said this is typical of septic foals and that I was way to quick to think she was out of the woods. She said she could go back and forth several times.

She may have to stay in the stall for a week. Omg I cant even imagine keeping these two in this long. Tease will lose her mind

Tease is milking like a cow. We are going to get some pedialite. Tease's bag is soft so I think shes nursing well but she also has loose stools now so dehydration is quite possible especially with a fever this high. We have 3 fans running on the stall.

Dr muese is even talking of doing a plasma transfer. I guess even though her snap test was great a transfer can help a septic foal.

The only thing I wonder about is she only runs fevers on these hot horrible days. But the dr said that makes no difference. Her respirations are way too high.

Breaks my heart to see her like this when this morning she was running and bucking and playing

Is there a way that you can let Tease see outside and your other horses? This may help. I know when I have a sick alpaca they like to know they are not alone. I may have the wrong idea for horses as I have only had the big kind. Here hoping the new meds work better

The dr now wants tease and annie totally separate from the herd. zero contact. no extra foot traffic in the stall etc etc.

Im really getting scared and I feel like I might throw up. Rusty went to get pedialite and I am just waiting nervously for sally. I think we may have to sedate Tease again. She so did not want back in that stall and is getting really aggressive again

Kay,

Sorry to hear Annie's temperature spiked again
default_sad.png
We're sending lots of prayers for Annie and you guys! We have never had a septic foal, so I have no advice on the subject! Just know that you are all in our thought's and prayers!

Bill & Wanalynn

Latest posts

Back