Tease Looking Close? Maybe? Hopefully?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im glad to hear that Tease is starting to accept her, its great that the Oxytocin shot helped. I know that in humans, breastfeeding releases large amounts of Oxytocin in mothers, I wonder if it doesn't do the same in horses, and that is why Tease accepted her better after she nursed? That would be great if it did, because it would naturally happen every time the Annie nursed. We'll keep them both in our thoughts, and hope that all is well and the camera is back up tomorrow. My parents, husband, and myself really enjoyed seeing her running around the stall. I dont have the guts to breed, so I get my foal fix from marestare lol.

Horray!
default_risa8.gif
Tease isn't Teasing anymore and now down to some serious Motherhood. Something Annie needed and you Kay and your family needed too
default_yes.gif
I am so happy that this ordeal looks like it is calming and will give everyone some peace and much needed rest...Just when you think you have seen and know everything and we think we are ready for foaling something slaps you in the face like this..and then we have to learn more
default_wacko.png

Little Annie is such a dream girl and I am so happy you have her, she is really beautiful. Kay you have been through sooo much and to have people commenting negative and hurtful remarks, well I just don't understand and would like to slap them silly
default_nono.gif
Don't take any of what they say to heart, we know you are the best breeder/owner/friend and horse lover of these little equines..you are number 1 in my book
default_firstprize.gif

Prayers are working and I thank the Lord for that! I will continue to pray that Annie will get all better and you can put this whole ordeal behind you and in the books!

Best wishes and Blessings,

{{{BIGWARMWYOMINGHUGSTOO!}}}

Jenny

Thank you so much!

I am still having to tie TEase but watching on cam it looks like they are close to doing it on their own.

I have learned so much that I didnt know before this. I should write down everything the vet told me as it was so much to take in that I have never learned before about foals.

I might actually to get sleep!

Kay I am so happy that things are getting better between Tease and Annie, all your hard work is starting to pay off.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
I would personally like to thank you for having letting us into your barn and it is so unfortunate that stupid people feel it is their right to criticize. I had quite a few very rude comments about my mare on marestare this year from a British horse forum, even though I tried to ignore them it still hurts.

Can't wait to see the happy family back together soon. (((((((hugs))))))

P.S I hope you get some well deserved sleep.

Renee

"TEASE finally relaxed and actually went to sleep while Annie was nursing" oh my gosh...now Im really bawling...happy tears
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
what wonderful news! I just got home and like everyone else just had to get on here and see how Annie and Tease were doing. I miss seeing them when the camera is off but if thats what it takes to get them well and for you to have a well deserved privacy time thats fine by me!

I know this story is going to have a great ending. When little Annie is in the ring struttin her stuff winning everything under the sun I want you to remember Toby Kieths song

How do You like Me Now

Screw all the nay sayers that doubted you...how dare these people question what you are doing. You can hold your head up high!

I dont think there is a person here that wouldnt be honored to have you sitting in the corner of their stall during foaling season. I know you would certainly put my mind at ease.

Thanks for all the updates but you have to really concentrate on getting some rest too.....you never really had time to get back to normal...we dont want to see sick again.

Even if we cant see Annie and Tease please know that we are all still here thinkng of them
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

P.S. Your vet sounds awesome...almost too good to be true...knight in shining armor........please tell me he's also tall dark and handsome too....a girl can dream cant she!!

Just catching up and feeding my Tease and Annie addiction. I simply cannot believe that you have been receiving nasty comments! How dare they! After all that you have been through with your flu type illness and your horrific eye problems, topped with this trauma with little Annie, no-one could have done more nor have worked harder to save little Annie and help Tease through her problems. I bet none of those 'nasties' would have struggled so hard. Sorry, just had to rant for a while - makes me see RED!

So glad to hear that at last Tease seems to be bonding with her precious little daughter. I hope this is the breakthrough that we have all been waiting for. Fingers cross and prayers coming that this latest success continues and that you can relax and get yourself some well earned rest. I think you are a wonderful Momma and your girls are very lucky to have you taking care of them.
default_yes.gif

Sending ((((HUGS))))

Anna

What wonderful news to wake up to!!!! I'm so glad to hear little Annie is nursing now that Tease is more receptive. You must have a wonderful vet. Hope the antibiotics kick in for Annie. You have been through the ringer. Don't let anything anyone says take you down - you are doing an absolutely wonderful job with these 2 precious girls. Hope to see your camera live soon - if not, please keep us updated here as there are an awful lot of concerned "aunties" watching and praying for good news.

Hope you're getting some rest.

Barbie

That is such wonderful news Kay and I am so delighted that things are looking brighter for you Tease and little Annie.

People with nasty minds should keep their comments to themselves as nobody wants to hear them. You were right to switch that off for your own peace of mind even though we are all suffering withdrawls here lol.

I have a serious addiction and may need counciling. I ran out and fed my own horses this morning and then had to check on Tease and Annie.

Keep the chin up and dont let the nasty people bring you down.

Oh and when you have written down all the vet said you can post it on here for the rest of us lol

Go Tease and Annie
default_risa8.gif

Kay,

I have never met you in person but have watched and listened to you in this ordeal with Tease. I am amazed at the time and effort that you put into this foaling even thought you were very sick and could not see. I watched you and yourr husband spent the time with Anne yesterday. No one should have a negative comment. I raise alpacas and hope to get a mini soon to drive so I know what the peoples comments can be like. No matter what you do some people say you are wrong. Remember they are not there in person to see the situation. What they see is on the Mrestare and not the true picture over all. Just keep doing what you think is right and forget about what everyone else says. From what I am reading there are many people behine you here. If

NancyI was closer(3 hours away) I would have been knocking on yoour door to help feed Anne if I could.

I am still having to tie TEase but watching on cam it looks like they are close to doing it on their own.

I have learned so much that I didnt know before this. I should write down everything the vet told me as it was so much to take in that I have never learned before about foals.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

P.S. Your vet sounds awesome...almost too good to be true...knight in shining armor........please tell me he's also tall dark and handsome too....a girl can dream cant she!!

hahahaa I was thinking the same thing
wub.gif

Congratulations on the birth of a beautiful filly. Sorry you have been through the wringer, but it appears that your determination is paying off. Wishing you continued good luck. Please don't let the negative people get you down.

Thank you all so much!

First off -- They are finally nursing without my help! Annie still has to hunt Tease down but its working! She is such a persistent little filly and just doesnt take no for an answer. Tease is so much calmer now. thanks to a wonderful friend I finally got 2 hours of continuous sleep and it felt wonderful.

Secondly the vet is very handsome lol. Not tall but hes so cute. And he loves horses like all of us. He rides hunter/jumper etc and saved a big beautiful gelding from Sugar Creek auction so he could train him. Story goes that the dr jumped on this horses back in the holding pen with no tack surrounded by 100 other loose horses. The Amish thought he had lost his mind. He said he could "see" that this horse was good and he could ride him tackless. And he was right. One in a million. But he is married with children LOL.

Most of what I learned is about sick foals. I kept thinking how in all these years did I never know that? I will for sure post about it when I have had more sleep.

AFter I do Annies temp and shots I will put the cam back live. Its a sight to see!!

Kay (and forum friends):

I have been watching and reading all along with just a few contributions now and then. I feel like all of you. Such an ordeal! As much as we all long to watch the cam I can certainly understand the need for some privacy too-it has to be hard knowing the world is watching at times. I am glad their are so many good LilB people out there!
default_saludando.gif
Like so many others Kay, I too wished I was closer and could have helped in some way-but my support has been here for you with prayer. Isn't it wonderful how you can become friends through writing. Kay-there may be a new book in the future on foaling!
default_new_shocked.gif
(but don't start yet-you will need a long R&R time first!
default_rolleyes.gif
). Love from Illinois.
default_saludando.gif

Delighted you got some sleep and so delighted to hear how well they are both doing now.

Looking forward to seeing them back up on cam. Annie really is the Mini Me of her Mom

I feel like I got to know so many here better through this thread and Diane has been amazing.

I have to also thank Fran for coming over and giving me lessons on teaching a foal to drink from a bowl/dish. Frannie you are the best! She stopped her busy day and came running over and showed me all her tips and tricks.

As soon as Ruby gets up to help me I will take her temp. I so hope the fever is gone. Shes looking so good on cam so I think it might be.

annienursing.bmp

Aww shoot I guess it wont show up because its a bmp file. I cant convert it as its off the cam. Going to try and get color pics today

Attachments

• annienursing.bmp
    255.5 KB · Views: 147
Last edited by a moderator:
Just looked at the picture of Anne nursing. What a wonderful sight. Missed my Tease fix but understand the reason for no camera. Hope that all continues as well as it seems to be going now.

Nancy
default_aktion033.gif

I got to see the birth and after everything that has happened I have been holding my breath for this dear lil one. I am so happy to hear things are going in a positve direction. Will continue to keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Latest posts

Back