Tease Looking Close? Maybe? Hopefully?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bailey is her barn name real name is wauk a way prairie princess. she has nursed foals that were not her own before and is very maternal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her name is Baxters Endless Anticipation aka Annie
default_smile.png

We had given her an enema this morning and she passed lots of meconium but then had to give another and man she went and went and went. Hoping this perks her up. She is eating very well!

We are going to take teh cam private for a few hours as a vet is coming to see if there is anyway to put Tease back with her and to make sure we are doing this right.

I will update after his visit.

Thank you all so much!

Meant to say yes the vet is talking about giving bailey shots to bring her milk in. we are making sure its doable before we put bailey thru that. He will let us know when he gets here

Her name is Baxters Endless Anticipation aka Annie
default_smile.png

We had given her an enema this morning and she passed lots of meconium but then had to give another and man she went and went and went. Hoping this perks her up. She is eating very well!

We are going to take teh cam private for a few hours as a vet is coming to see if there is anyway to put Tease back with her and to make sure we are doing this right.

I will update after his visit.

Thank you all so much!

Meant to say yes the vet is talking about giving bailey shots to bring her milk in. we are making sure its doable before we put bailey thru that. He will let us know when he gets here
Congrats on a PRETTY FILLY!!!!!

SO Sorry Tease is being a pain in the butt!! I wish she would take to her baby!!
default_wub.png
default_crybaby.gif
default_thumbdown.gif
default_pray.gif
default_luck.gif

Oh Kay I am so sorry that you are having to go through all this
no.gif
I suppose at least she waited for you to feel better. You are trying so hard and doing such a great job, Annie is a very lucky girl to have you
wub.gif
Also could you give a carrot to Bailey from all us "Aunties" please she sure has deserved it
aktion033.gif

Sending prayers that Tease will come round and be a good mama.

A beautiful name....and very fitting! Good luck with the vet and Tease.

Goodness, so sorry to hear that things went downhill after I quit watching last night!
default_sad.png

kaykay said:
We will continue turning the cam off while we milk tease as it is upsetting to watch for some of the cam watchers.
How frustrating! The rest of us really wanted to watch to see how it was done!
default_smile.png
Can't the other viewers simply, you know, walk away for a few minutes?

LittleRibbie said:
On a side note: Tease was the first horse my hubby got to see foal ( we happened to be at his office) and I just happened to check on Tease before we left and knew it would be soon so we watched it together. He knows how nervous I have been b/c Peanut is at about 320 days it it will be our 1st. On the ride home he was asking lots of ??s about how/what we would do in your situation. Well when I finally went to bed he still had the light on but was about 20 pages into the foaling book that I have been reading....he was sound asleep. When I got up this A.M. he was sitting in front of the t.V. watching Peanut on the camera but was still reading the foaling book. He had already been up and checked on your foal ( he was the one that told me that it "sure doesnt look like Tease in the babY's stall" ) I just wanted you to know how much Tease and her baby are influencing and helping us be more prepared for when our time comes. Thank You!
How sweet of your hubby! What a good "papa-to-be."

Hoping things smooth out for Tease and Annie ASAP.

Leia

Just an fyi vet is running late. hoping he will be here any minute.

Thanks for the fyi - I'm like Diane and hating the cam being off although I definitely understand the reasons behind it. Am going to have to head to bed soon as 4:00 comes early. Have to say first thing I will do in the morning is try for the cam.

Kay, hoping you will have a good night - know this is so stressful. You're the best - giving that precious little girl a chance at life and hopefully Tease a chance at playing mom without the pain.

Barbie

Hmmmm....

Does anyone know why the camera cannot be found? Is this just on my end? Normally when her camera is off I get their picture instead of the camera... now it says not found!

Has anyone heard how its going over there?
default_unsure.png

I got the same response from Marestare. I hope all is well.....anticipation is killing me.

Hard to type because i am exhausted and a wreck

dr muse is the best vet i have ever worked with. he spent 4 hours here trying to teach this filly to nurse and numerous experiments with tease. they are back together but filly has still not nursed totally. i am to leave them alone for 1.5 hrs and then feed her if she still hasnt latched on

good news: snap test was perfect

Bad news: shes septic

ew have her on antibiotics etc. poor filly has really been thru it and very stressed.

I am praying so hard she nurses in the next hour

I have never seen 4people try so hard to help a foal nurse. sorry im crying typing this because i am so touched at these wonderful people helping me.

Im usually stronger than this but this h as been a doozy

I didnt want to leave you all hanging when you have been so supportive of us

oh also we took the cam to private as there were some messagees etc that were not too nice and I just cant take the stress. i had spent hours in the barn trying so hard so to come into a message questioning us was too much to take. I hope everyone understands

Same here.

All Tease and Annie's fans are here for you. Ignore the rest. Some people thrive on dishing out criticism. Makes them feel superior somehow.

Hope all goes well with your 2 beautiful girls.

Just wanted to add my encouragement and support Kay. I can't believe anyone could know what you've been through in this situation and still question your commitment to your horses. I am glad to hear the snap test had good results and will be praying for more good news tomorrow!

I cant believe anyone would be so insensitive as to post things that would upset you so bad when you are obviously trying to do all you can for your horses!! Too bad you couldnt somehow just put your camera right here. Hee Hee then all us watchers wouldnt have to jump back and forth too!
default_rolleyes.gif
Is there a way to turn off the comments part of marestare? Your girl has turned us into Tease Time Junkies!!

We will continue wishing well for your girls and all of you having to go through this even if we cant watch. I remember well having to bottle feed a little one was not easy I was tired for months. I wish I knew then about teaching them to drink from a bowl. When you are not so tired and busy I am sure we would all love to hear what your vet decided to do to help Tease accept Annie a little better...
default_yes.gif

Goodnight I hope you are able to get some sleep tonight.

Oh my prayers have been answered she nursed! I had to tie tease up and she finally latched on and got a really long drink. she did choke a bit as there is so much milk even though i stripped a bunch. The vet gave tease a shot of oxytocin to kick her maternal hormones in. He had never tried it before but we were desperate. Seems to have helped a lot. Tease was at first aggressive again but once the filly latched on and nursed it was like a light switch. tease finally relaxed and actually went to sleep while Annie was nursing.

i am so hoping they can do it again without me

I cant thank you all enough for your prayers and support. we will go public with the cam tomorrow if things are looking good

Oh my prayers have been answered she nursed! I had to tie tease up and she finally latched on and got a really long drink. she did choke a bit as there is so much milk even though i stripped a bunch. The vet gave tease a shot of oxytocin to kick her maternal hormones in. He had never tried it before but we were desperate. Seems to have helped a lot. Tease was at first aggressive again but once the filly latched on and nursed it was like a light switch. tease finally relaxed and actually went to sleep while Annie was nursing.

i am so hoping they can do it again without me

I cant thank you all enough for your prayers and support. we will go public with the cam tomorrow if things are looking good
Kay,

I'm so sorry you were having such a difficult time with Tease, I hope everything works out great for You, Tease, and Annie..
default_smile.png
Happy to see that she is finally coming around, you watch she will be the best of mothers once she realizes what going on..
default_smile.png
You have my prayers..

Latest posts

Back