sweetys offical foaling thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to say about 10 days
default_smile.png
foaling on the...24th
default_smile.png
just before I go away so I can see the baby!!
default_aktion033.gif
bring it on Sweety!!

default_saludando.gif
Iam totally understand,,,,i tryed to get milk out of her nothing.. will milk come out before the foals born or just as its born ........man i dont noooooooo LOL......Iam thinking maybe a week

LOL!! Jenny. We never try to milk our mares - dont do milk testing either - to my way of thinking, the milk is the foals, not ours. LOL!!

Yes she will produce her milk when it is needed, so dont stress. Not all mares will drop their milk for you and she may simply be one of these - just because everyone else is getting milk/talking about samples for testing, doesn't mean there is anything wrong with Sweety, she's doing just fine.
default_yes.gif

Just think about all those mares that are left to fend for themselves for the whole pregnancy/foaling business, they dont have anyone pinching dribbles of milk to taste, test, or coo over, and they cleverly produce a full supply all on their own when they foal!
default_biggrin.png
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Jenny I haven't tested Suzie's milk in ages... I might again when she gets really close but I agree with Anna I don't want to wreck anything lol

Sweety will show you the signs just be patient (gosh I should learn to listen to my own advice
default_rolleyes.gif
lol)

your not alone in this, Sweety, Stormy, and Suzie are all pretty much neck n neck in the foaling race, Kara n I are with you in this,

and we have a lovely friends Renee, Anna, Diane, Heidi, Lindi and Bree to help us
default_aktion033.gif

we can't go wrong if we listen to their advice
default_yes.gif

lol I'll shutup now, I always blab on when I'm tired lol have a good night sleep

Night!!

Ah ha, the sensible Diane!
default_aktion033.gif

To wait until you have all the other signs in place, and then to use the test strips to give you a virtually hour by hour reading, is a much more sensible idea, and a great saving for those needing last minute indications.
default_yes.gif

I did the same Diane, this year was the first time I used Foal Time strips and I tested once she had a good size bag and a loose tail head. She too very politely foaled 2 hours after testing ready.

default_saludando.gif
good morning and good evening

day 325 and counting...................udders seem to be a bit bigger no vulva change

default_saludando.gif
just went and feed them all and thought i would check sweety out

well i noticed today i seen your kicking at her belly

and this is gunna sound strange when i pushed around her hooha

her hooha would wink at me LOL
default_new_rofl.gif
And its much softer.. any one had this happen before

or and udders feel bit bigger but no milk and no wax

ha ha ha i fix my wacks

lol well I'm glad there is no wacks!! for your mare lol would be exciting if there was some WAX hehe couldn't resist sorry Jenny!! LOL

Suzie has been really loose behind for the last week... its definitley a sign she is getting closer!!!
default_biggrin.png

maybe she had just done a no.1 before you went n saw her?? Suzie winks for ages after oh n I think once or twice I touched her round there and she winked.. yes she did, maybe the hormones? not sure LOL

totally guessing here everything sounds fine Jenny!
default_laugh.png

All depends which eye she was winking with i guess and if she got no wacks either..my guess would be both
default_new_rofl.gif
..Sorry cassie started it..one for the experts i think
default_wink.png

lol well I'm glad there is no wacks!! for your mare lol would be exciting if there was some WAX hehe couldn't resist sorry Jenny!! LOL

Suzie has been really loose behind for the last week... its definitley a sign she is getting closer!!!
default_biggrin.png

Cassie you crack me up!
default_risa_suelos.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back