sweetys offical foaling thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really hoping for the best for your Beau! Glad he is out in the big paddock and playing!

I agree that some (most) vets will push for surgeries and such. My mutt with the luxating patella has seen several vets, including the ones I worked for and all but one were pushing for surgery. The one that says she is in no pain and there is no need to the surgery is the one I trust the most and is not looking for a buck from me. He is who I always take my animals to now. Very reasonable and looks out for the best for the animals.

I know horses and dogs are different- but I do believe there is hope for your Beau. Watching the videos he gets around better then my dog who holds her leg up a lot and won't put weight on it always. I do have hope for Beau!
yes.gif

((((HUGS))))

And YAY for pictures!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Being fairly new to minis, I don't have enough experience to give advice, but I am very glad that little Beau is getting to be a horsey. He doesn't know that anything is wrong. This is his normal.

A very wise man once said, "Each patient carries their own doctor within. "We as physicians are at our best when we give the doctor within time to work".
default_yes.gif

default_saludando.gif
beau is still a happy chapy ...but now i have another problam

my dog kepts jumping the fence to get in with little beau and chase him around

so i fix the problam and put chicken wire on top of the fence so now she cant jump it

but now she dug under the fence and recked all the fence ..i tied her up with a lung rope and she chewed throw

that and straight back in the paddock chasing him around so ive locked her up and let her out so she could go

to the toilet and she straight back out there chasing little beau

i dont need this crap iam stressed out enough as it is

what can i do????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Bring the dog in, confine her or tie her up.

Sweety could cause a lot of damage if she feels her foal is at risk
default_sad.png

put her on a chain... or make her, her own yard... thats what my two dogs have... we let my retriever out every few days to go for a run, and my little boy Casper is on a chain tied to a pole with water and his bed.... or put timber probably 4 by 2 (sorry builders daughter lol um 50mm by 100mm) down along the bottom of the fence (takes a bit more effort but if you dig a little down into the ground she shouldn't be able to dig underneath it...)

both my dogs would hate to be locked inside all day, and my retreiver has 1/2 acre yard which he loves...

just some ideas, the chain idea is probably the quickest and easiest...

try n relax Jenny
default_yes.gif
everything is going to work out fine, go for a massage or something lol
default_biggrin.png

He is such a cutie. So sorry you are going through all this. I too would wait it out as long as he isn't in pain. I know with dogs some live a perfectly "normal" life with this, just shouldn't be bred. As far as the dog goes, mine too are escape artists, the only thing that works for me is the underground electric fence linning my regular yard fence. But if it goes out for a second, they figure it out right away!

As Cassie said the quickest thing to do is put him on a chain. I have a rottweiler on a chain as she eats people
rolleyes.gif
It is really easy to put up, if you have two big trees or posts run the chain up high from one to the other and pull it really tight, then connect the dog with another chain that hangs down this way he will be able to run from one tree to the other and won't get all tied up. I feel so helpless as I am so far away, I wish we could all come over for a visit.
yes.gif

hope your able to get the dog situation sorted!!

we have friends over in Perth Jenny... if we ever go over and visit them maybe I could come and visit you?
default_biggrin.png

There are a lot of things 'we' don't like that are good for us! And our little Beau is just too important right now.

Pet the dog -- and HUG Beau for us!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
HAHA Diane!!!
default_new_rofl.gif
lol the poor dog

but I agree Beau is way to important right now... she might hate being locked up but its for the best, unless you can do something with the fences...

default_saludando.gif
iam going to run a line of electric fence along the bottom of the fence

but i dont no how to set it up so have to wait till the weekend so the OH can do it

as he get home from work late at night

2dippg7.jpg

this is the very naughty doggy ruby

default_saludando.gif
well i put the electric fence up and man did she get a zap

HAHA HA HA HA HA wow did i laugh ,,,oh iam so mean

biggrin.gif
Zap that naughty foal chaser
aktion033.gif
We will all get arrested for instigating animal cruelty.
new_rofl.gif

Aww Ruby is purdy
biggrin.gif
wub.gif

Glad the electric fence helped! Hope Ruby learns fast!

It only took my dogs one or two zaps, they get it now, but if the electric goes out, they get their payback! Haha

Poor Ruby, I bet that made her jump! And she looks so sweet, too sweet to be naughty!
default_wub.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back