Suzie had a gorgeous little colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you feel better, Cassie.

Finn is back to himself. Such a cute little guy. I do think I see blue in his eye
smile.gif

Cute little calf pictures too!

Definetly not a fleck, looks like most of the eye! Not all blue eyes are as bright as Fantasy's, there's a colt I know with very blue grey eyes and they are permanent not baby coloured.

If it's blue it's possible he's min. visible splash. There might be white hiding somewhere else, like Storm's back socks!

But while it's pale there is still a possibility he will lose it with age, will be interesting to watch

Hi Cassie I was so glad to read that Finn is doing well and the pictures are adorable. I have posted this link at MareStare so all the aunties there can catch up with how he is doing. (they have been waiting for updates
default_laugh.png
)

I go by Crash at MS by the way
default_smile.png

Sorry you are losing your Steer Cassie - such is life in the farming world though.
default_no.gif

I'm sure Kia will be fine now she has her own baby to look after - heifer or bull????

Iv enjoyed catching up here..loved the storey's Bree and Anna its something for us all to take on bored
default_yes.gif
not every story has a happy ending but yes all adds to lifes experiances and hopefully helps in the future..Finn is looking great ..pretty colour in his eye but we already know he has a special something hidden in that cutie little package ready to appear when that baby coat dissapears
default_wub.png
fab photos
default_aktion033.gif

yippee,I finally found Cassie,Finn and Suzie and the talked about blue eye... and they all look adorable and I can rest at ease now..

default_saludando.gif
ok iam a little behind here what have you done to your foot.

as for the blue eye thats so cool... we would of that come from

dusty has 2 blue eyes and little de-ago has got brown eyes

so how do thay get the blue eyes from?????????????????

hi all

Buddy is now gone...
default_sad.png
was a little bit sad... he was my first ever hand raised calf!! but as you said Anna such is life on a farm, and I knew when I got him we wouldn't be keeping him LOL at least I didn't cry LOL

we still aren't a hundred percent sure... but we think Kia's calf is a heifer!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
:wub her name is Delilah though we will call her Lailah as Delilah is a bit long... but it matches with Samson n I like the name, so Delilah it is!
default_wub.png

Patis and Crash so glad you found me here, sorry I haven't updated Marestare naughty Cassie, will get on there after work to reassure you all... silly me so sorry.

Thanks for the advice Bree, I'm really hoping that his eye stays Blue!! I think it makes him just that extra bit special! but as Lindi said he is specialy enough as it is!! escpecially after the little fight he had!
default_wink.png

Jenny, I had really bad execema that got badly infected.... was really swollen and painful, starting to settle down now... but after a whole day on my feet it is really hurting me again...
default_no.gif
Finn gets better and I get sick!! LOL
default_wacko.png
at least I'm not as sick as he was! LOL my brave little man!
default_biggrin.png

morning to Renee, Lindi, Anna and our American friends when they wake up! LOL

saludando.gif
all. I am glad you are feeling better Cassie, I was worried about you. I am so sorry for Buddy
no.gif
it is a tough life on the farm and I am no good at it, we had chickens, goats and rabbits but I named them all so I couldn't eat them after that
new_shocked.gif
Hubby is a big meat eater but I can take it or leave it, this country eats everything, rabbits, horses, frogs and snails to name a few
smileypuke.gif

How is Finn these days? do we get any proof??? Come on Cassie get the camera out !

I have had a really bad back for the last few days so I am off to the doctors this morning cos it is making my sick which is not fun
blush.gif
I guess clipping Fancy yesterday didn't help
rolleyes.gif
Go check out his pics in the photo thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Cassie, sorry about your cow and sorry I've kept out of it! I lose my own handreared calf over winter and it's made me sort of avoid the whole cow topic
default_no.gif
never easy to lose them so I'm sorry you've lost one!

as for the blue eye thats so cool... we would of that come from

dusty has 2 blue eyes and little de-ago has got brown eyes

so how do thay get the blue eyes from?????????????????
Short version. Genetics.
default_wink.png

Cassie, you must try to rest that foot a little more - make folk understand that you need a bit of a break for a few days.
default_yes.gif

Renee, just popped over to view Fancy's video - he looks amazing!! You too are going to have to take it easy for a while, please dont do anything to make your back worse, nothing worse than trying to deal with life in general, let alone the animals, when you have back problems. Sending ((((HUGS)))).
default_wub.png

My stupid foot is keeping me awake!!! Grrr going back to the docs tomorrow... I've gone n put an ice pack on to relieve the pain n swelling... But it's yet to help the situation! Ok will try get some more Finn baby pics tomorrow wish I had my camera with me this arvo... Russell n Finn were running around chasing each other n being brats!! Finn has got a nice little trot worked out now... Dnt know how it will look when he is older but right now it's really sweet... I might get Russell to come n do a photo shoot with me
default_smile.png
gotta get the farrier out again his hooves needed doing before he got sick so now you can imagine they need doing pretty bad! Sigh more Money lol still haven't got the bill from the vets yet... Already paid 500against my account but I'm preparing myself for the shock lol.

Renee please be careful!! What did you do to it that hurt it in the first place? Will go n check out fancys page now I'm sure he looks great!! Will you put a rug on him now he is clipped!?? I'm guessing you guys must have some pretty good snow there by now... We in Australia have had the coldest start to summer in over 50 yrs!!! They have even had snow in dome parts of NSW! In december!!

We even have our fire going tonight!! The weather is so crazy! But I love how our weather totally contradicts the stupid global warming scheme hehe stupid global warming lol anyway I'm rambling so I'm going back to sleep lol night all

Bree sorry to hear about your cow it's so hard we get so attached to them we are practically their mothers... I rent name any of our cows anymore besides my ones
default_smile.png
I used to name all the calves when I was younger... I was a bit of an aladin fan so nearly all the black ones were jasmine even the bulls lol I remember going up to dad asking where jasmine was n he said that she had gone n wasn't coming back lol I didn't name as many from then on I hand raised a sheep once lol forest we called him after forest gump he was the dimmest though the stupidest sheep ever!!!!! Thought he was a dog n wanted to come inside all the time! When it got near the time when we were going up have to shear him dad started hinting at getting rid of him... He was turning into a nuisance anyway but one afternoon I came home n he was gone
default_sad.png
dad n the guy I got him off said that he had gone to a family as a pet... But I know better lol life is tough but rewarding ;)

Sorry about your foot, Cassie. Hope you get better soon. And sorry about your cow
no.gif

Renee- I was on youtube last night and saw Fancy's new video! Need to go over to the thread though
yes.gif

I was SO UPSET this morning! Last night my husband had taken out a bush the horses would try to eat in Laney's pen but didn't close off the fencing we had by it next to the house to keep the animals from getting near the ac (I thought he had). Laney went behind the fence and wouldn't back herself out of it. Got her out and she seems fine but I still was so upset she could have hurt herself or been stressed out. I checked for foal movement and felt a few good moves before she told me to stop touching her belly (she's not used to being touched down near her udder like that and doesn't let you very long). Her pen is closed off now until my hubby gets home and fixes the fence! She acts like nothing happened but went to sniff the fence as I led her out to the big paddock. It scared me more then her it seems.

Yay for new pictures! Can't wait to see some!
aktion033.gif

Oh Megan I am sorry you are upset but don't be too hard on hubby or yourself, even though it isn't good these things do and will happen to all of us
no.gif
No one is perfect. I was in a hurry to get the kids from school as I had been to the vets to talk about Eagles latest blood results, I am sure I locked my car and I was only in school for a few minutes as I had to collect Matteo too at the same time from a different school, well when I got in the car my brand new handbag was gone
new_shocked.gif
I had €150 and all my documents plus Eagle's results and prescription for a mite treatment for Fancy not to mention all the other crap that us woman carry around. My handbag was the size of a suitcase
new_shocked.gif
and hubby gave it too me with a new purse for my birthday.

I am so made you have no idea, it is the first week of December and lord only knows how long it will take to get new documents, mother will kill me if I don't take the kids to U.K for Xmas
wacko.gif

So anyway Megan "crap happens"

Dont blame hubby too much Megan - these little horses are great ones for finding all sorts of 'dangerous' things that normal big horses would ignore.
default_yes.gif

Glad everything was ok though!

OMG!! Renee (I posted at the same time as you and have just read what you have written)

What an awful thing to have happened. I'm so sorry for you. Really hope you can get replacements of everything and get it all sorted out soon.

Sending ((((HUGS))))

hanks Anna, it isn't the first time either
closedeyes.gif
what is this world coming too
crybaby.gif

Cassie to answer your question about Fancy wearing a rug I took some pics for you cos we all love pics
blush.gif

Here he is sporting his leisure wear waiting to go to bed

and here he is in bed with his pj's on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, Renee! So sorry!!
new_shocked.gif
That is awful!
no.gif
Hope you can get everything sorted!

My husband was just as upset as me, bless him! I called him at work to let him know and he was ready to come home and look over her himself to see if she was cut anywhere or hurt. He said to go check her again and call him. He was so sorry and didn't think she could fit behind it. I am so glad she is ok though and not mad at him. I was just so upset she could have gotten herself hurt! He called back to check on her again too! lol He said he was going to fix it right when he got home and didn't care if she messed up the fence as long as she is ok. Silly horse! That was our first scary horse experience!

What a sweet hubby you have Megan - worth his weght in gold!
default_yes.gif

Renee, Fancy looks so snuggly in his 'walking out' clothes and his pj's!
default_wub.png

(he also looks as though a naughty thought wouldn't enter his brain LOL!!)

But what happened to his mane - I didn't think he had a mohawk??? Did you clip a bit close to either side, or had he asked for a new style? Suits him though.
default_yes.gif

How's your back - did you get to the Doc's??

Sorry your foot is keeping you awake Cassie - I agree, a trip back to the Docs might be a good idea.

Goodness me, if it is not vet visits it's Doc ones.
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back