Suzie had a gorgeous little colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Penny's last two pics did it for me.........HOORAY we have another baby to watch for!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Finn, of course, just gets more gorgeous everyday!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

YAY for Penny having a BUNNY in the oven!!
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

LOL I am not going to be able to live that one down am I
default_blush.png

I have also noticed, that Penny has really settled down with me... I don't know if its having Finn around, she LOVES Finn!! or if its hormones... but hoping she will stay that way
default_biggrin.png
default_488.gif
default_aktion033.gif

thankyou
default_smile.png
yes I LOVE that pic too!! he has such a cute head!! well I think so anyway hehe

Cassie, we finally collected our post from our box at the end of the drive!
default_rolleyes.gif

Thank you so much - what a beautiful picture, it almost made me feel the warmth, such a treat with the cold wet weather we are having right now!

Since I cant give you a hug will you please hug the wonderful Suzie and the gorgeous Finn for me please.
default_yes.gif

Yay glad you finally got it Anna
default_smile.png
n a hug to suzie n Finn that is no trouble at all!!! Oh he has found his voice!! He he he so cute!!! I had a hat on today n decided to just place it on his rump n he went galloping off bucking n carrying on lol of course the hat fell off immediately so no harm to little Finn

Oh n suzie got down n had a roll n so Finn went crazy galloping round the paddock rearing up n climbing all over her poor suz I managed to distract him so she could have a peaceful moment lying down lol but what a brat!!!! Lol

Oh n when should i next worm suzie? I know I can worm Finn from 6 weeks... Just that smartie n penny are due and I would like to get them all back on the sane routine... Just wondering if I worm her again now? Or wait the normal time...

And sorry for the questions.., but how long do you all think penny has to go and when should I separate her from smartie?? Or try to at least :s

Thankyou !!!

We need some pics of Penny's udder please

As for worming i would go ahead and worm penny and smarty, can you try putting penny in with suzie once she has been wormed? Make sure you can sit and watch though.

I wouldn't worm Suzie again yet Cassie, but do go ahead and worm the others. Finn is only two weeks old and that is a bit soon for Suzie to receive another dose of wormer, especially as you, correctly, used Ivermectin - also remember that whatever you give Suzie will go to Finn via her milk. If you are going to get Strongid or Safeguard ('short term wormers') for Finn when he reaches 6 weeks, then why not use it on Suzie too? If you use a longer term wormer on Smartie and Penny (lasting approx 8 weeks) then the next time you can worm them all, as by then they should all be ready to be done at approx the same time??

No need to separate Penny and Smartie until Penny is a lot closer to foaling - we dont want Smartie to stress without his friend for company unless your feel he wont mind too much!

Sorry I forgot to answer a question you asked a little while back - picking up Finn's feet. A bit late now if your farrier is coming on Monday, but it is great if you can just ask for each little foot to be lifted off the ground when you handle his legs - just an inch, and dont hold on to them, just up and down.

I love your description of Finn trying to jump on Suzie when she was having a roll - all babies seem to be so shocked the first time they see their Momma's roll, and from then on all they want to do is to jump on them. LOL!!

LOL!! Actually I didn't read your post Diane - my 'on standby' laptop came on Cassie's post and I just clicked the page and went straight to reply! I read read the post's through afterwards and realised that you were taking about Penny and Smartie, but thought that if Cassie got confused she could always post again asking us what we meant!
default_yes.gif

LOL!! Renee.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_biggrin.png

Not quite the same but my cats do sit on the table beside my laptop and will often attempt to walk across the keyboard instead of going round, if I'm not quick enough to stop them, or have stupidly left the cover up when off making a cuppa!

HAHA how cute Renee!!! we don't have a cat, though I have been temted ALOT!! to bring home one of the abondoned kittens we get at the vets
default_wub.png
I will get a barn cat eventually hehe

sorry I haven't been on here earlier, have been out with dad... Calving season has officially started
default_aktion033.gif
!!!!! love this time of year!!!!

we have 12 beautiful new born calves, with another 6 due to calve real soon, talk about wide loads !! lol and the rest probably in the next 3 months... we are going to be selling the weanlings soon, and might sell some of the mums with calves at foot, we are going to down size our herd and concentrate on better quality healthier cows, and manage them better
default_yes.gif
my Dad still WON'T teach me how to drive the tractor!!!
default_no.gif
I wanna slash the paddocks!!!!! if it was one of my brothers he wouldn't hesitate, but of course they aren't interested
default_wacko.png

um ok back to Suzie and FInn, I will create a Penny thread tonight... might take some new piccies, she is having fun with Smartie out in the big paddock at the moment, but when I bring them in I might snap a few pics
default_yes.gif

Finn was SO CUTE this arvo!!! I was sitting in the paddock playing with him while Suzie ate some hay, and I was giving him scratches he LOVES scratches!!!
default_wub.png
default_wacko.png
anyways he was leaning really hard against me so I stopped, he then put his front legs in front of mine (I was sitting cross legged on the ground) and promptly LITERALLY FELL into my lap!!!

he lay down right in the middle of my lap
default_biggrin.png
was the cutest thing EVER!! I love my baby boy SO MUCH!!! he is the funniest thing, after a while he got up then circled me, rubbing against me like a cat and fell in my lap AGAIN!!!
default_new_rofl.gif

he did this 3 times!!! was so funny, wish someone else had been there with the video camera lol

I can't believe he will be two weeks tonight at 8:30pm!!!!
default_cheekkiss.gif
love my little man! and his beautiful Mummy!!! Suzie is such a good girl! and loves showing him off she is so proud of him!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

ok to answer the questions, Anna, I will be here when the farrier comes and I will get him to look at him before he starts and I will make sure he does his feet the way we want him to
default_yes.gif

I will leave suzie then, and do Penny and Smartie tonight hehe
default_giveup.gif
they hate it LOL the feed store said a name of a wormer to use on Finn when he is old enough... I can't remember what it was called, but I might ask for either of those anyway...

Aww he sounds like a real cutie and very lovable like his mummy
default_aktion033.gif
Its great when they sit on you and push up next to you for love n kisses..only thing with that is they still do it when theyr so much older and alot bigger lol
default_wub.png
used to have constant bruised feet where my last foal Fizz used to cuddle up close for his goodnight kisses he couldnt possibly avoid the standing on your toes and as a 2 year old his feet wernt so tiny
default_wink.png

I am with you Lindi, Dipinto still thinks it is o.k to sit in my lap but he is bigger than daddy already
wub.gif
we broke a plastic chair and it frightened the pants off us both
rolleyes.gif

Cassie we knew with a mummy like Suzie that her baby could only be absolutely and totally a snuggle bunny, this is thanks to all you hard work and love during her "brief" pregnancy
new_rofl.gif

Oh yes Renee - Suzie's pregnancy was over and done with so quickly that we hardly had time to get to know each other or her!!
default_biggrin.png

Cassie, I too love the way the babies do the lap sitting and leaning against you for scratches, but please remember that some of them never grow out of it LOL!! I still have one 3 year old who wants to sit on you and she is around 35 inches and very 'well built'! Another 4 year old also likes to roll on you when you pick up a foot to trim it - we had such fun with her as a foal, trimming her feet with her lying on her back sticking her four little hooves in the air!
default_rolleyes.gif

What's this about cats? I must remember to go back a page and read before I start posting!

Good luck with the calving - maybe a few baby calf pictures for us to drool over??
default_yes.gif

OK - caught up with everyone's cats! Love the sound of your two Diane - mine are just normal 'moggies' but all with very different (and often annoying) characters. Apart from taking up room on my bed, their favourite thing is to follow M and I when we walk the fields, shooting up and down the trees as we go along or even grabbing at M's fluffy tail as she passes them!

Cats - you either love them or hate them, but you cannot ignore them if they feel like getting aquainted. LOL!!

I DON'T love them at all, unfortunately I am allergic to cats and they give me bad asthma so Matteo's kitty had to go
no.gif
Matteo wasn't happy but fortunately a stray cat has moved in to our back shed and had kittens, Matteo goes and feeds them every day and spends about an hour playing with them all ( obviously whilst he should be doing homework)
rolleyes.gif

Haha dnt worry I wnt be allowing the lap sitting for too much longer it was the first time he did it today lol was lots of fun but I realize it won't be as fun when he is older lol

He Is officially two weeks old!!! Hoping so much he will be a good boy for getting his feet done tomorrow any hints? How to hold him? Should he be in the Paddock or in the stable?? Should we do suzie first or Finn first ? Hehe I know you all love my questions hehe sorry
default_smile.png

Good night all
default_smile.png

Oh n I love kittens but wish they would stat as babies lol I still kinda like cats but I'm definitley a dog person n a horse person hehe will try take some pics of our new babies!! We think one will calve tonight so will go for a wander tomorrow if I get time lol tomorrow night is meant to be my studying night hehe I'm doing my diploma in business but I can't help it if I take sling time to get in cos a certain foal needs his bedtime story n kisses lol

Latest posts

Back