Suzie had a gorgeous little colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saludando.gif
Cassie I am so sorry I have been busy lately
wub.gif

Every time I see a pic of Finn he makes me think of chocolate
biggrin.gif
I wonder if it is his rich colour?

They are looking great.
yes.gif

Anna please do keep rambling cos you are a great teacher
cheekkiss.gif

oh n to answer your question Anna
default_smile.png

n thankyou for all yoru advice!! my farrier is really good, but I will definitley check to see what he does with the foals before I get him out... Finn's back legs are getting quite long, so they need a trim
default_yes.gif

Megan! you definitley have to come n see us!! I think a trip to Australia is in order!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_biggrin.png

Finn has the sweetest little eyes
wub.gif
I just want to lean in and cuddle him
yes.gif

He is so adorable
wub.gif
I love his eyes too

default_saludando.gif
he is the most cuties little thing ...i wish i lived closer so could give him a big cuddle
default_wub.png

I saw the video and the pictures on your other thread Cassie. Little Finn just gets more adorable with every picture, and more huggable too!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

But I also have to say that Suzie looks fabulous, she is such a pretty mare and just brimming with good health - all due to your care and attention - well done you!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Keep those pictures coming because it gives me the chance to drool over a yummy baby as my two from earlier this year have now joined the big mare herd way across the fields. The pesky filly is too busy finding new friends to irritate to be bothered with me, but the little colt is still very happy to glue himself to his human for scratches and love. Bless him, he followed me all the way across a field yesterday, together with a half sister and several Aunties. When I got to the field gate and gave him a last hug to say goodbye, I was a little worried that he might suddenly realise that he was a long way from his Momma (who was still happily grazing almost out of view at the far side of the field I found them in) so I watched carefully as he slowly decided that I was not coming back and left the group he was with, walked back to the dividing tree line, stood looking through the trees for a moment, gave a huge whinny for such a little fella and set off, flat out, bucking and leaping, nearly tripping up once over his own feet, and disappeared over the brow of the next hill to join his Momma. I wandered back to the house chuckling to myself. LOL!!

I did post a pic of him a few days ago on the Mini Forum, asking about his colour - he has white hairs appearing throughout the 'goggle' patches on his face and his once light chestnut mane is changing to a deep grey colour as it grows. Just wondering what colour he will actually turn out to be next year when he loses his foal coat?? Love these colour mysteries!
default_yes.gif

Hey all thanks for your kind comments!! Finn is such a little star!! N loves people! I had some friends come over today to see him they have a little 3 yr old boy n a 5 n 7 yr old boys I wasn't sure how suzie or finn would take it but I talked to them n Finn came up to me n of course suzie did too
default_smile.png
then he slowly walked up to my friend then her husband then the boys! N gosh the boys loved him they weren't to rough, they are very well behaved n even suzie came up for scratches from the boys which is very rare as she doesn't like little kids very much I was so proud of them!! N tonight suzie decided that she would put herself n her son to bed! Was so cute!!!

Penny wants to meet Finn so bad, apparently their previous owner had both girls together with the foals when each had one I migt introduce them in a week or so... Will definitley video that introduction!! Lol

Oh n speaking of penny... I think I felt the foal ( or something ) lol move a fair bit while penny was eating dinner tonight... Definitley curious as to what's happening with my girl lol

Thanks for all the advice! N don't wOrry you will be sick of photos of Finn before long hehe n videos! Lol

Anna I

Toig to check out your little man now
default_smile.png
how cute!! Have no Iea win the colour but will love to peek at him anyway
default_smile.png
oh Anna n Diane... Did you get something yet??? Renee did...
default_smile.png

Night everyone

Xoxo

Anna I'm glad yOu think that suzie is looking good
default_smile.png
just have to get that last bit of hair off n she will be in her summer cOat
default_smile.png
I'm really happy with how she is looking and she is the best mum!

As of today Finn isn't the newest baby on our property lol we have a new calf born this morning...
default_smile.png
first of the calving season is very cute but not as cute as my little finn
default_smile.png
<3 now I'm really going to bed lol

aww Finn may have a friend to romp around with in the near future
aktion033.gif
Wouldn't that be fun
laugh.gif

Do you know if Penny has foaled before? I forgot how old she is and her foaling history.

Can't wait for even more foals
default_smile.png

We are working on finishing the roof on our 2nd shelter and will be bringing home Laney in the coming weeks! Maybe even next weekend! YAY!
aktion033.gif
Much sooner then we expected! She is due April 12
default_smile.png
They told me she foals in the paddock so we will have the cam set up where she can be seen in the stalls and in a fenced off area in the paddock in front of the shelter. So excited!

I come on here everyday and don't get to post long posts as often but I am following all these threads! Just wanted to let you ladies know
yes.gif

Yay I'm glad you got it Diane
default_smile.png

I dnt know if i will start a penny thread just yet but I will take some pics when I go out there this morning...

Penny is 9 yes old, I know she has had two foals maybe three, the first two were both colts, one a black with white face like Penn the other a palomino which I think had socks or stockings n maybe a white face... I think she may have also had a filly... The previous owner kept telling me it was suzies... The filly is a chesnut n white pinto with a big blaze so who knows lol I'm going to get a wee foal tester n test her n if it confirms she is in foal then i will ask the questions to mark... Though I'm sure he won't have a clue again grrr

This one at the mention is a TOTAL guessing game lol

Oh haha Renee lol your very smart aren't you lol ( jokes)

I just won't say that I definitley felt something till I confirm she is in foal ya know? ;)

Oh farrier is coming on Monday
default_smile.png
when I rang him he was really good about it all of course first thing he said " has that mare of yours had her foal yet?" I very proudly answered yes lol n said that he needs a little corrective trimming done and mark said "no worries when I get there on Monday I will take a look at him n see what needs doing"
default_smile.png
so Finn will be getting his first lesson in feet trimming on Monday... I have been feeling his legs n hooves n such but should I start getting him to pick up his feet or is it still a little early for that??

Megan I'm so excited about your laney!!!! She is such a beautiful mare n will have some gorgeous foals for you yay!! Including the one she is cooking right now yippee!!!!

some Penny pics
default_rolleyes.gif
here we go again LOL

oh n I got a cute one of Finn
default_smile.png
no picture post is complete without a picture of Finn!!!
default_wub.png

August 1

penny August.jpg

late August

p1.jpg

October 20

penny.jpg

penny2.jpg

penny3.jpg

penny4.jpg

n my little man Finn!!!
default_wub.png