Suzie had a gorgeous little colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news! I can stop worrying if my foal thread is annoying anyone!
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

Although how can foal threads annoy anyone with the cute widdle foal pictures alllllll through them
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

Yes I'm still giddy with love for Sterling
default_new_rofl.gif
HAHA well at least you know they DIDN'T like they did with mine and Sweety's LOL
default_unsure.png

a foaling thread will be brilliant though!

n I agree how can anyone NOT love our foals!!

oh n I'm exactly the same Bree!! I could watch Finn ALL DAY!! lol

took a video, trying to resize it so I can get it up her for you all
default_wink.png

until then , here is some more pics hehe
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
:wubf1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

default_wub.png
default_wub.png
:wub I love my Finn!

LOL!! Thank you for brightening up the start of my day Cassie - I'm sitting here having a big chuckle!! Not at Finn, who is looking so cute that I wanted to rush over to Aussieland just to give him a cuddle, but at Suzie and her antics and determination not to pose prettily for her picture. What a character she is. LOL!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Naaaaw
default_wub.png

He looks much darker then Sterling!

I love how he is so quiet until he is off the bricks and then ZOOM!

Cassie, that video is adorable!!!
default_wub.png
Thank you for sharing
default_yes.gif

Finn is such a little character, and Suzie looks so sweet - like she is putting on the camera shy act and wants to hide lol
default_laugh.png

I am posting photos of my new colt on the main forum now...

Congrats on the other colts born! Wow, the start of the season it seemed the filly fairy was working over time, it seems the colt elf has taken over now!
default_yes.gif

AWW!! Cassie- I loooove Finn! Now.. when can I come visit??
biggrin.gif

Morning Cassie and all.
default_saludando.gif

Just popped in for a check on our special pair - Suzie doing her usual munching and the gorgeous Finn is flat out dreaming of the day's activities.
default_wub.png

Just cooling down after watching the Rugby World Semi Final and Wales losing to France by just 1 point - so very sad, they really played their hearts out - one scored try hit the post and in the last few minutes another scored try just skimmed outside the post - so near and yet so far.
default_no.gif
The crowd of some 60,000 watching on big screens in the Cardiff Stadium fell silent at the final whistle, but moments later they broke into a huge round of applause in recognition of how well the team had done - quite emotional!

Life still having a major upheaval here so am still not on the old laptop that much - also spending time here trying to offer support to Jenny with little Beau.

Hope you are all well - have a good weekend folks!
default_yes.gif

What a lovely bit of video and what a handsome chappie.

I just LOVE his colour and I really hope he turns into one of the rich red bays.

He has come on leaps and bounds and Suzie is the beautiful proud Mom

Dont panic Lindy, they are there now - well Suzie is there plus four little hooves just showing in the 'picture'. Unless Suzie has a new companion, I am presuming the little feet belong to the gorgeous Finn. LOL!!

Hi all sorry I haven't been on here much, has been a CRAZY weekend!

my little Finn is a week old!!! can you believe it? lol I can't lol

the camera gets turned off during the day now, compromise so I get to keep the night cam up for a bit longer hehe and Suzie n Finn have been moved into their new SAFE paddock he doesn't like it as much lol not as many obstacles to run round, over through LOL so he has taken to picking on Suzie LOL

poor baby girl she is such a good girl!

I will take some more pics n maybe a new video when I go home for lunch silly me I left my camera down at work LOL woops.

he had his first brushing session last night, even letting me brush his tail lol though he was looking back at me the whole time like as if to say what are you doing back there?

he is getting really light just around his eyes, so I'm hoping that will mean he will stay a nice bright bay
default_yes.gif
fingers crossed!

I think I will get the farrior out this week to trim his feed and correct the right foot, it is still turned out a bit... do you think thats the best thing? he is running fine on it, but I don't want him growing to much more with his feet like that, the other ponies need doing anyway.

how often should I get his hooves trimmed?

oh n also (I know you all LOVE my questions hehe) his birth height was a little under 19" how tall do you think he could get? hehe thanks everyone
default_wub.png

oh Megan n anyone else! if you ever come to Australia, n you Aussie's if you ever come our way, you definitley need to come over n see me n Finn n Suzie. we have plenty of room in our house and your more then welcome
default_yes.gif

Hi Cassie, thought I might have found the new pictures posted.......but no, not yet! Do hurry up please.
default_yes.gif

Regarding your farrier, yes get him to have a look at that little front foot of Finn's, maybe a slight regular trim will help? Another point - not sure how good your farrier is or if he's a friend you can 'talk' to. But when you get him to do Finn's back feet it is very important to have someone hold Finn steady (arms gently round him, but be careful not to have the arm holding the front end too high - should be round his chest not round his neck) and get your farrier to kneel down on the floor to do those back feet. Never let a farrier lift a foot up high (6 inches from the floor is quite high enough) and NEVER let them hang on to a back leg if the foal struggles or moves away (hence having someone hold him still). A lot of leg joint/stifle/hip problems can be caused by the incorrect strain put on immature bones/tendons/ligaments because of rough handling by farriers - which is why I asked if you can 'talk' to your farrier and tell him how you want it done, or is he the sort who will say that he has been doing horses for years etc etc? Front legs are just as important, just bending at the knee with the foot only 4 to 6 inches from the floor. No lifting the foot high enough to tip the foal sideways, so down on his knees again for the farrier. Actually foals rarely struggle when having their feet done if the foot is kept low to the ground so they can feel comfortable balancing on their other three legs.

Rambling again! LOL!! Hope all is well with you my friend - get that Penny to hurry up with her foal, I miss all our nightly chats. Just had a thought. Judging on how long we were waiting for Suzie to foal - could we (or should we!) start a Penny thread anytime now, just in case, after all you dont ACTUALLY know when she might foal!!
default_biggrin.png

aktion033.gif
Happy 1 week Finn!
aktion033.gif

Cassie, I would LOVE to visit!
yes.gif

some pics of finn yesterday in their new paddock,

just downsizing a video too... tried to find a programme that didn't have writing all over it
default_wacko.png
lol

f12.jpg

f13.jpg

f14.jpg

f16.jpg

f17.jpg

Latest posts

Back