Suzie had a gorgeous little colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do so agree with you Cassie. My girls spend most of their year out running free (still get in my pocket whenever I go visiting though) but when they come in at night for the month before foaling, then that is their (and my) special time. Lots of love, chats and fussing - it all helps towards a friendly, unafraid foal I find.
default_yes.gif
its what I will continue doing with my future foal including Penny's
default_yes.gif
I have already starte spending more time with her and she has settled so much!
default_biggrin.png

Yes, stormy is our friendliest mare. She is such a sweet mare, acts like a gelding. Don't know for sure due date still, but vet guessed April give or take a month

cool
default_smile.png
so about the same time as Penny... maybe LOL

well the farrier has come out, in between downpours LOL

and Finn has new feet!!
default_aktion033.gif
hehe is standing so much better on his feet now i will take some pics, in between downpours when I go home
default_yes.gif
I'm also going to go for a walk... in between downpours LOL and check out the new calves, I will take my camera so you guys can see the new babies...

I'm sure you wanna know how Finn went with the farrier...

Mark took one look at him and said exactly what was wrong, so we stood him up I had one arm around his chest and one wrapped around his bum and gave him LOTS and LOTS of scratches Mark got right down on his hands and knees, took a good look at his feet, played with them a bit, let him smell him and get used to him touching him... as you can imagine his hands are alot rougher then mine hehe

Finn struggled a little bit, but as soon as he realised he couldn't get away he settled down and we trimmed him feet
default_aktion033.gif
Suzie was so good and stood right by him, not getting in the way
default_yes.gif
clever mummy!

now Finn is having lots of fun running and leaping around on his new feet, they look heaps better!

Mark will probably come back in about a month, unless I think he is sitting to far back on his fetlocks again and do him again. by that stage I hope to have him a bit more well mannered LOL he was a good boy for a 3 week old foal
default_yes.gif

and now it is raining again LOL

Ya'll right so much! so hard to keep up lately!

Yay for new feet! Finn is such a doll baby. Sweet sweet little boy! I wish I could squeeze him!!
wub.gif

Well done Cassie and well done to Mark too!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Sounds as though it was the perfect first trim for Finn, plus he has learnt a valuable lesson - when I get held I cant get away, so I wont bother trying in future.
default_yes.gif

If you are going to carry on picking up his feet from now on Cassie, try the hind ones first (for some reason babies always seem to find it easier to balance with a hind foot off the ground than a front foot! Must admit that when we handle or trim we always start with a hindfoot).

Waiting for the pics of the new feet - when the rain stops!

Aww that sounds like it went well..great news for lil Finn and his new feet lol
default_aktion033.gif
..I used to love having a set of new shoes on the big horses..its a bit like opening a new jar of coffee
default_wacko.png

here are some pics of Finn and his new feet
default_wub.png
well you can't really see his feet, the weeds are too long LOL but he is standing up better lol n he is just so cute I can't resist taking pics of him LOL

271011.jpg

1271011.jpg

3271011.jpg

4271011.jpg

5271011.jpg

6271011.jpg

my snuggle man!
default_wub.png

7271011.jpg

8271011.jpg

default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
and as promised some cow piccies
default_yes.gif

a black angus heifer and bull heifer is to the right
default_smile.png
2 weeks old

4271011.jpg

our little throw back heifer! LOL she is very cute though!

6271011.jpg

RUN AWAY!!

7271011.jpg

pure Murray grey heifer

8271011.jpg

friends forever
default_wub.png

10271011.jpg

our murray grey stud bull!!! he stands almost 6 foot high!!!
default_new_shocked.gif

11271011.jpg

12271011.jpg

another calf in a different paddock, he will probably end up brown like his mum

calf1.jpg

wide load??
default_new_shocked.gif

cow2271011.jpg

my cow I hand raised, Kia she is quite heavy in calf and will probably calv in the next 2 months... maybe sooner
default_aktion033.gif
she is pure limousine and we have put her to our pure black angus bull!!! can't wait to see how this calf turns out!!
default_yes.gif

Kia271011.jpg

her bull calf Samson, he is almost 12 months and looking VERY nice, if I do say so myself hehe

Samson271011.jpg

I want Finn, can I have him?
wub.gif
pleasssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Well done with Mark, sounds like you did yet another great job
aktion033.gif

/monthly_10_2011/post-43723-0-39797700-1319704118_thumb.jpg

Now, THAT'S what I was talking about! I just LOVE him! You made me get all reminiscent about our bull -- who was my favorite! As a kid, I thought he was 8 feet tall! Just one huge, black massive bull with a HUGE head -- who would let us lead him around like he was a baby! But, put him in with the cows -- and watch out! He knew his job, for sure!!

I just love him!
default_aktion033.gif
Thanks Diane
default_smile.png
Dad was really happy when we bred him, and he has pretty much a twin... another bull thats on one of our other properties is almost exactly the same, both born around the same time, the same year... crazy we will probably try and sell one of them as a stud bull once we get him up into really good nick, I'll have to try and find him (they are in a massive paddock!) and take a picture so you can see just how similar he is to this guy... crazy!

hoping Sidney will turn out just as BIG hehe

yeah we never trust out bulls now...

we had a gorgeous muscular (though short) murray grey bull a few years back, who would let you scratch his nose do anything with him at all... one day my uncle was asked by some neighbours if they could use him to serve their cows... he seperated him from cows on heat... (first mistake) and took him out of the paddock... there was the neighbour in front with a biscuit of hay, Uncle Ron then went back to close the gate, the bull saw that he was getting locked away from the girls... went charging back to the gate and hit uncle Ron, he sent him flying in the air... ( my uncle is a big man) and he did a 360.... landed on his back and shoulders, broke 3 veterbrae, 4 ribs and later as a repurcussion the retna detached from his eye and now he has a glass eye....

lesson learnt the hard way, never trust a bull!

Just love the new pics of our gorgeous Finn.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

I can even see that his back feet are looking good! The baby moos are just great too, I do miss my cows. We used to have hired bulls come in each year for our dairy cows, Herefords for the bigger cows and either Sussex or Angus for the smaller cows or heifers. The bulls used to come up from the fields each day with the cows at milking times and the Sussex bull realised that there we food to be had if he followed into the nilking parlour, so we let him through - just had to be careful to avoid trying to attach the milking machine to the wrong animal in the line!!

Thanks for the pictures Cassie - keep them coming.
default_yes.gif

Thanks everyone
default_smile.png
I love all our animals.

I can't wait for my Kia to have her second calf!!! gonna be so excited to see how baby no.2 turns out!!!
default_aktion033.gif

hectic day at the vets...
default_wacko.png

we had a 4 day old puppy come in, that the breeder had tried to euthinase last night. we were so cranky! she put the euthinasia liquid DOWN HER MOUTH! and because its just concentrate anaesthetic and she didn't get all of it in... the puppy SLEPT for 6 hour then woke the next morning!! of course the dumb owner didn't know what had happened
default_no.gif
so now we have to try and save this gorgeous little puppy who is called Polliana. and we still don't know if she will have full brain function or not from the mega dose of anaesthetic!!

gosh people make me mad!

hehe rant over...

my little man is 3 weeks tomorrow!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back