Sunny's Pregnancy and Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunny is still doing well, to me it seems she's progressed since my last update, what do you guys think?

The changes I've noticed- she *may* be starting to fill her bag, I'm not sure, but you can see more of it in her flank area, she seems more "loose", not "full" but "loose". Her right side seems slightly more "full" looking than the left, not sure if you guys can notice it in the pictures but when I'm looking at a different angle the right side is definately bigger looking.

At what point do you guys wrap up their tail? Do you guys wrap it going by their changes or the due date? Should I wrap hers now or wait?

So after looking at the pictures do you guys think she's made any changes since my last post on 1/29/12?

IMG_9085.jpg

IMG_9089.jpg

You can see more of her bag in the flank area-

IMG_9112.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
On her right side in front of and above her teats is more swollen than the left side, could this be milk starting to fill in? Cant really see what I'm talking about from the pic cause my camera wouldn't focus.

IMG_9183.jpg

Notice progress in this area.....?

IMG_9136.jpg

IMG_9138.jpg

Hooha

IMG_9143.jpg

Her mane is growing, lol no she is progressing nicely and you could have a March baby!

Her mane is growing, lol no she is progressing nicely and you could have a March baby!

LOL yes her mane is growing out, finally!
default_rolleyes.gif
I was going to roach it when I got her but never got around to it and now it's startin to not look too bad lol, I do have to do some fixing up on it though, clean it up a bit
default_biggrin.png

Doing good today, we've got sun in our forcast for hopefully the next week and Sunny is enjoying every moment of it
default_smile.png

These pics are from yesterday but this morning the area I have lined out in red is more "full" looking this morning. The left side has it slightly but the right is noticably "fuller".

IMG_91392.jpg

IMG_91812.jpg

Looks as though what I always call the milk veins are starting to fill/swell. Yhis often happens before they start getting a proper udder, so Sunny could be around 4 to 5 weeks away from foaling?

Could you just re-post her suspected ccovering dates or when she was with the stallion just to refresh our memories? I realise we can go back to page one and read from there, but it is very helpful if dates etc can be repeated now and again, especially now we have quite a few new mares here to keep tabs on (plus the fact that us 'old timers' do tend to suffer from memory problems a lot of the time. LOL!!)

Ok, my apologies! Just been back and read over both your previous post about Sunny and the little grey cells in my brain are now fully in function mode!!

So no dates and your vet's idea of possibly 9 months pregnant last October is a little bit off, but that is all to the good as the further Sunny gets into her 3rd year in age the better she will be as far as foaling and caring for the foal. Also, hopefully, the nearer you get to Spring the better the weather will be.

So all looking good, it's been a long wait for you, but before too long now you will be welcoming a new little baby! And you have been able to give so much love and attention to Sunny over these past months which means that she is now in a perfect condition to have a healthy baby.
default_yes.gif

Out of interest what happened to the others taken in with her and how are they doing?

Ok, my apologies! Just been back and read over both your previous post about Sunny and the little grey cells in my brain are now fully in function mode!!

So no dates and your vet's idea of possibly 9 months pregnant last October is a little bit off, but that is all to the good as the further Sunny gets into her 3rd year in age the better she will be as far as foaling and caring for the foal. Also, hopefully, the nearer you get to Spring the better the weather will be.

So all looking good, it's been a long wait for you, but before too long now you will be welcoming a new little baby! And you have been able to give so much love and attention to Sunny over these past months which means that she is now in a perfect condition to have a healthy baby.
default_yes.gif

Out of interest what happened to the others taken in with her and how are they doing?

Yup, no known covering date or due date
default_smile.png
It's a waiting and guessing game.

The rest of the herd is doing well. The stud went to my boyfriends older sister, the weanling colt went to a lady down the road who loves him to death, and the two other mares are with my boyfriend's parents.

Today I cleaned up Sunny's udder and braided up her tail and gave her a good thorough brushing (she's shedding like crazy!). The area in front of her udder on the left side is now filling also, like the right side.

Oh! I also did the "nail test" just for fun and I did it multiple times and it always said FILLY! I'd even swing it back and forth and it'd start swinging in circles again. Soooo....we'll see how that matches up to the baby
default_biggrin.png

Here's a few pics. from today...

IMG_9205.jpg

IMG_9224.jpg

The outlined area in red is where she's filling in

IMG_92492.jpg

IMG_92582-1.jpg

she is looking really really good! I agree with the girls... think a mid march baby
default_aktion033.gif
yippee sunny!!!! what a good girl for you! please keep us updated as she gets closer very very exciting stuff!!!!

Sunny is doing well today, everything's about the same. We've been having nice sunny weather lately and it's SO nice! Sunny loves it!

Here's a udder pic this morning

IMG_9290.jpg

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
I see filling!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Right at the back of her bag when comparing the two pictures.
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

We're on our way!!!

I wouldn't worry about milk testing yet awhile, still useful to have the testing stips ready for when you want them. What are aquarium test strips - are you preparing to test some goldfish?
default_biggrin.png

I wouldn't worry about milk testing yet awhile, still useful to have the testing stips ready for when you want them. What are aquarium test strips - are you preparing to test some goldfish?
default_biggrin.png

I think I can jump in for this one
default_new_rofl.gif

I have never used foal/mare/horse/etc test strips.

I buy a cheap bulk pack of water testing strips and just drop a bit of milk from the udder straight onto the ph square.

It's never steered me wrong
default_wink.png
I keep meaning to try the hardness square as well but forgot to this year.

Latest posts

Back