Summer/Mindy Foaled on 4/1/13!! Colt!*NEW PICTURES & VIDEO OF SMOKEY PG. 41* 5 WEEKS OLD

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes! Thanks for all of your help!

Sparkling... Sounds like you and I are in the exact same boat! I think these mares like to fool us and get us good and tired, then we get sick, so they can try and have these babies by themselves! I have been so busy with my own postings, I havent got to really look at yours. I hope all goes well with your mare!

Thank you Diane! I so hope that she foals before midnight tonight... Wishful thinking probably! But one can wish!

Hi Summertime:) I am also in East Texas:) Have a maiden mare playing around too....

Somehow Ive missed a link for your cam? Can you repost? I dont mind helping foal watch, As I am up too.
default_smile.png

Bonny, Summertime does not have a cam, she is sleeping in an RV next to her mare to watch her all night. Poor soul I'm sure is exhausted. Everyone needs a foal cam streamed to the internet, only way to stay sane.
default_smile.png

Hello Bonny!

Yes as Amanda informed you, unfortunately I do not have a web cam
default_sad.png

My lovely sweet sister came down and watched Summer while I took a nap! I got to sleep for an hour, my 6 year old came and woke me up saying it was very important, He was hot and needed a bowl of ice cream! What an emergency.... I guess to a 6 yr old it is. haha
default_thud.gif

So after I get up from my nap my sister told me she had bad sticky runny poop all on her butt and tail, so she is still cleaning out I guess. I hope that she is ok, since she has had it all day like that. We got her up and washed her tail and behind and her udders really good. While I was outside the vet called me back to check on Summer. I was shocked! I have never had a vet do that before! They said that the Dr would call me if he was concerned about the poo.

So I feel better knowing that the vet is aware of everything and on call for me.
default_aktion033.gif

So still thick sticky sloppy cow pie poo, and her entire rear end is jello, so super loose. Still pretty much the same shade of red and still cant express any milk. So some good signs and some not so good signs.... I don't know what to think! Im just going to watch watch watch! Im soooo ready for this to be over with!

Yep, sounds like it won't be much longer, she will probably wait until you sit down for something to eat
default_new_rofl.gif
my girls loved doing that
default_yes.gif

Diane, you dont have a camera either??

Renee if thats what gets her going let me go fix myself something to eat... I am getting hungry!

default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif

This is exciting news to wake up to! Hope all goes well and can''t wait to see this rascal!

LOL!! Diane I know what you mean - except that we did get a camera set up for a couple of years 5 years ago (now daughter parks herelf in the horsebox in the barn right next to the stalls), but before those couple of years with the cameras, it was some 50 odd years of foaling down mares by staying awake and watching!!

Sounds as though she's very close - praying for an easy delivery of a healhy little bubs!
default_yes.gif
default_pray.gif

WOW! I feel much better now! LOL I kinda felt like a bad horse mom for not having one! Only because of myself, no one else. Although, it sure would be nice...

Mindy good lord you are far from a bad horsey mum, cams just mean more sleep.

Want me to bring my trailer and we can ride her around some of our back roads? Maybe that would shake that beautiful filly out. I have been checking my phone and this site all day long hoping something will happen so you can get some sleep tonight.

Callie, HAHA Thats funny!! Im so sorry I missed your call today! I was taking a nap. Nothing new so far, but I will be sure and keep you updated.

My sister wants to be watching with me so badly, but she has a 9 month old baby and a 2 year old. It would be fun if she was with me watching at night. But the human babies come first!

Summer is just out in her pasture eating away, like nothings happening. Shes making wonder......maybe she wont have it tonight.....

She has been doing funny stuff from about 10 pm to 1 am this whole month, so maybe that means thats the time period she will have it.... HOPE HOPE HOPE!!!

Mindy you are doing perfectly for your sweet girl, she couldn't ask for better attention!
default_yes.gif

Think this is what Diane was referring to - family evening of cards, with the table between our horsebox and the mare's stalls in daughter's partner's cow barn. Two foals already born, waiting for the small bay to produce hers (she did, but 3 days later!) Other possibly in foal mares wandering around - no they proved empty in the end! Pic of expected foal in a following post.

July 12 001.jpgJuly 12 010.jpgJuly 12 018.jpgJuly 12 016.jpgJuly 12 008.jpg

Sorry these and the previous pics are so dark, the lights in the barn are not that bright and I only had my phone.

Here's what the little bay produced - her first colt - 3 previous fillies.

Also a couple of pics of my old girl that even the vet thought was about to produce (we did so want one more foal from her, but no, she was empty!!)

024.JPG027.JPG010.JPG

031.JPG030.JPG

Keeping my fingers crossed for you tonight!

O my Mindy, you need tell to tell yours not to follow in Bree's hoof prints and go ahead and have this lil one......I keep checking back thinking I'd see a post of ITS FINALLY HERE but nooooooo, come on girls lets get this show on the road.......
default_smile.png

*little emoticon with tapping foot* (since I can't get them on my phone)

I've been gone ALLLLLLL DAY, and we are STILL waiting?? Summer girl, you're gonna burn the baby if you bake it too much longer!!
default_smile.png

I've got little ones too... Three boys- 10, 7, and 3. My mare IS my 3 yo's fault! He had to go and fall in love with Sadie the exact moment I was going to sell her for my mother.
default_new_let_it_all_out.gif
In the end, he was right!
default_hypocrite.gif

I know and the news is not encouraging, She now has less red and is pooping apples again after having the most runny, sticky, cow pie poop all day, so much so I had to wash her butt and tail!!
default_thud.gif
default_giveup.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_impatient.jpg
default_gaah.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_472.gif
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
default_closedeyes.gif

Im going to go ahead and post pictures, but I must say I am truly depressed right now. Im really feeling like giving up and going to bed and not getting up one single time and look at her, even if I wake up!

as1.JPG

as2.JPG

as3.JPG

as4.JPG

as5.JPG

as6.JPG

Latest posts

Back