"Style" of presentation in Halter

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I just started showing the minis a couple of years ago but I can tell you what I have learned so far...everyone shows with an arabian style halter and I think when someone shows in a stocktype halter it looks kind of out of place. I dont think you need to worry about that though from the pictures of your horse he looks araby enough. As for the halter, the only time you need a wide noseband is if your horses head is not very pretty or refined. Your horse has a gorgeous face so you could pull off the cable style halters. It just depends on what you think looks best on him. If he is truly 34" and you have no trouble getting him to measure at 34 or under then you should show him in the A division, the taller minis are placing better right now which is wrong but true because it just gives the look of being more refined and if the judge doesn't squat down to their level which they never do the shorter horses just dont look as nice. I show the little ones and it hurts me a lot of the time. Pinto is a little better about this though and you could go where ever you feel more comfortable. Our shorties did very well at the only two pinto shows we went to last year. It really depends on whether you want to take the chance of someone protesting you if you are winning, again not likely with pinto. Also around my area anyways there are generally not a lot of minis and they end up combining the A and B classes. So in other words go with what you feel
default_smile.png
. O and you wanted pics of our halter horses so here ya go:Maple Hollows Sir Spot

MCS_00091.jpg

MCS_0009.jpg

Arions Maple Hollows Destiny

fallpintoshowatkwood08003.jpg

Hey Melinda, check this out. If you at MMHC Winona Show and then go to backdrop Degner.....these two look like twins.....http://jfrenchphotography.albumpost.com/album121

Arions Destinys Magic Trick

1291-ARION-0607-netcrop.jpg

Destiny and Magic Trick together both are out of Alvadars Double Destiny

fallpintoshowatkwood08006.jpg

Arions Maple Hollows Destiny and Maple Hollows Echo Perfection in Des Moines at a show

memomdestinyandimpression.jpg

I also have a bunch more that are going to added to the string this year but they arent pinto and I dont have any pics of them clipped up yet or at all
default_unsure.png

Latest posts

Back