Stormy's foaling thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm can we get some new photos of tummy... hooha and udder tomorrow? if its not asking to much hehe

Stormy is playing headless horse atm LOL silly girl! holding her tail up very high as she WADDLES!!

also moving round a fair bit...
default_new_shocked.gif

Are we sure that Stormy has a head bc I haven't seen it yet
new_rofl.gif

Anna maybe a deep straw bed is a British thing?? I have shavings under my straw as it is what I use when they are not foaling but I get the really big bales of straw delivered for the due mares and I put a whole bale per stable.

2.40am and Stormy is STILL munching

Cassie that is Kim with Dipinto my yearling that greyed out, wasn't he gorgeous when he was sorrel? Kim had a filly this year but I had sold her pregnant. This is her: she is tiny and chunky like Dad

2011filly013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww thats a really pretty foal
default_wub.png
..just to add my oppinion for what its worth
default_laugh.png
My mare didnt show any symptoms of a relaxed behind and yes i was watching her very closely as you know..she did have a very large udder which started to fill 3 months before delivery (thats not in the book!!)..just goes to show they are all so different and theyr just signs to look out for not anything to worry about about if your mare doesnt follow the rule book..its a time to enjoy not to worry
default_yes.gif
..all will be fine im sure and really it isnt worth stressing and upsetting yourself over because its a waiting game none of us can do anything about..enjoy it while it lasts you will soon be missing all the excitment once baby is here
default_yes.gif

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Finally stormy has a head
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
and what a cute one too.

Worrying is totally normal and we all do it, just don't get carried away. This year the mares are carrying longer so Stormy is just being fashionable.
yes.gif

Chin up
biggrin.gif

Aww Renee the pictures are brilliant.
default_yes.gif

And I'm sure everyone will agree that there is nothing nicer than seeing a mare and new baby all snuggled down is a lovely deep bed of clean straw.
default_aktion033.gif

Straw used to be a very British thing, but slowly things have changed regarding bedding for 'working' horses. Folk say the horses eat their bedding if it is straw, but I wonder if in the first place these folk have restricted the fibre intake of their animals and therefore caused them to look 'elsewhere' for a supply? As I'm an oldfashioned person in my dotage, I still use straw and wouldn't change for the world. LOL!!

Stormy wandering around, having an itch, looking a little uncomfortable at times. But DONT PANIC Kara, just relax and enjoy the 'journey' - she's doing fine.
default_yes.gif

Aww Renee what a sweet foal.
wub.gif

Stormy is wandering around, now only the side of her belly is on camera. And looks like shes left a bunch of poop for us to look at. lol

hmmm can we get some new photos of tummy... hooha and udder tomorrow? if its not asking to much hehe

Stormy is playing headless horse atm LOL silly girl! holding her tail up very high as she WADDLES!!
08242011.jpg

here is her side shot

0824111005.jpg

here is her udder from the bottom

0824111006.jpg

and her udder from the back

0824111005a.jpg

and her vulva, which is still leaking a little you can see in the pic

These are all from this morning

Last edited by a moderator:
Although her tummy size is looking good, judging from the pics of her udder, I think you have a way to go yet. I would say that she is unlikely to foal and then suddenly develop a milk supply from an udder in its present state, it needs to look a bit more filled yet! But things are moving in the right direction.
default_yes.gif

To me her vulva looks kind of tight in the pic...i know that darla tends to tighten hers up when i try to take pics. Was just wondering if she was doing the same.

Ok, Stormy is in bed and ready to roll. i took a picture of her milk is it clear or not?? looks yellowish to me, but not white. Ph is back up to about 8, has been down to 7.5 for a few days. ????
default_wacko.png
0824112158.jpg

has a yellowish tinge to me... Suzie sometimes tightens up when I try to take pics... so I scratch her heaps she relaxes and lifts the tail then snap I take the pics,

does stormy lift her tail when you give her scratches?? suzie can't tighten it up as much anymore.... when is her due date again? can you feels or see the foal moving much? sorry for the neverending questions LOL
default_rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back