Stormy's foaling thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Kara!

what works with my mare is I scratch her on the bum, the tail lifts and snap, I have a pick!! cos otherwise Suzie does a similar thing and tightens up when you lift the tail, especially if she sees the camera lol
default_rolleyes.gif

do you know her due date??

she looks to be at a similar point to Suzie, though Suzie's bag is a little fuller then that now... but that might be the same with your Stormy!

please convince hubby to set up Marestare!! its well wortth it believe me!
default_yes.gif

They really do like to keep us guessing these pregnant mares..all part of the fun
default_aktion033.gif

I am getting worried, because of the foal I just lost a week ago, and now Stormy not developing much of an udder. i think there may be fescue in all our pastures, and i am just sick thinking and worrying about it.
default_unsure.png
default_wacko.png
default_pray.gif
default_ohnoes.jpg
I am awaiting a call from the vet about the necropsy findings from the other foal that we lost. But Stormy was bred sept 17 & 18th last year, which makes her 336 days today. I have pictures of her udder this morning, not alot of change is happening

0818110957.jpg

yesterday

0819110923.jpg

this morning

081811.JPG

yesterday

08192011.JPG

This morning.

Kara suzie Is taking ages to bag up aswell I immediatly thought fescue n it's still a possibility but im trying not to worry it definitely helps having you mare on marestare glad that you might be getting it
default_smile.png
can't wait to start watching her!!

I know it is easy for us to say, but please dont worry Kara. Fescue grasses are everywhere, but it is only the one type that can cause trouble for pregnant mares and it is highly unlikely that you just happen to have this type amoungst the grasses in your pasture. Stormy is progressing slowly and quite correctly towards having her baby and judging by most mares this year, she could easily take up to another 4 weeks to pop out her offspring. So stop counting dates - they actually mean little and do nothing but cause us worry and frustration!! She will have her baby when she is good and ready!
default_yes.gif

thank you all, I am trying not to worry. Anyone know of a way to hook the camera up for marestare. The one I have in my bedroom is hooked to the tv, my hubby says it cant go on the computer, also it is bad quality, as our barn is metal, and interferes with the wireless signal. we are going to go to the store in a bit and see if there is any other option. We have marestare up and started, just trying to get the right camera hook up

When I checked on Stormy this afternoon, it looked like she had stuff leaking from her "hooha." Is that a bad sign or good sign. Also, it feel like her udder is filling from the top.

Metal rooves make for bad quality but as long as we can see her and what she is doing it will be fine. Not everyone has a 5 star hotel like Peanut and Cam. Lol

You can get a dazzle which will send the image from your tv to your pc

Renee...very funny...its already getting to look like a 4 star
default_sad.png

My barn has a metal roof but still comes in fine most of the time. My camera is wireless...but my house is pretty close to the barn

Metal rooves make for bad quality but as long as we can see her and what she is doing it will be fine. Not everyone has a 5 star hotel like Peanut and Cam. Lol

You can get a dazzle which will send the image from your tv to your pc
We just got a dazzle today, so we should hopefully be up can running tonight on marestare, as long as me & hubby can figure out the software part.

Anyone have any thoughts about her leaking fluid, not alot?

Cam is up yippeee, all we need now is a pregnant mare in the stall. Lol

Ok so why when I click on Little Bitty's apple am I getting Little Crowns cam come up?

Heather helpppppp

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont have it up and running just yet, but should by this evening. the link they gave me was http:///www.marestare.com/fcam.php?alias=littlebittybritches

But it is not working for me yet.

This is what comes up for me... with that link.

The alias "littlebittybritches" was not found in the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back