Sometimes you just luck out

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainMeadows

Reaction score
As a breeder it has always been my hope that the horses that I produce will go to homes that appreciate them for what I have striven to create. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't - breeding programs change and horses change hands - hopes and dreams fade away, sadly I must say.

Many years ago I sold American Express to my trainer, who in turn sold him to another gal, and then he was sold again. All the while he was very lightly used as a breeding stallion even tho he was a 2X National Grand in both Halter & Open Single Pleasure Driving. As it turns out Express has found his "forever home" with Renee from Lucky Hart and she has placed her faith in this stallion and has followed my suggestions on what to breed him to and year after year Express continues to produce winners for Renee.

As he is aging it is unbelievably rewarding to know that he is truly appreciated for what he is able to contribute - it may have taken him until he was nearly 15 to finally hit his stride, but boy he has found his niche with his wonderful band of mares at Lucky Hart.

Stay young Express!!! - You are so loved by so many and have so much still to offer our breed - I can't wait to see what 2010 brings for foals - hugs to you and hugs to Renee for being such a great friend and such a wonderful caretaker of one of my special horses.

I really just wanted to take a minute to thank a dear friend and to let all who purchase horses know that the breeder that you bought the horse from has no doubt invested a lot of themselves in the "creation" of your horse - please take care of this special gift and if able to send a message to that breeder to let them know that the horse you now have is in good hands, I know that it will make a smile come to the heart of the breeder.

(((Hugs)))

Stac

He's a beautiful horse Stac and he's proving it's more than skin deep. It's wonderful when they are really appreciated as much as they should be.
default_wub.png

default_aktion033.gif

And sometimes others luck out when they find a fabulous breeder to buy their first mini from.
default_wub.png

Thanks Stac, for "lighting the fire" for me.

Thanks Stacy, Your nice comments mean much.

Ah, that was a nice post. It takes breeders AND buyers to make our little world go round. I think breeders AND buyers forget that at times. Your post made me want to contact the breeder of a little gelding that I feel like I "rescued" at a sale last Fall (he was not still owned by his breeder). He had a rough way to go for awhile before I bought him; he was very withdrawn from people and other horses for quite some time, but he's again blossoming into the "cherished pet" I know he has been to someone, once.

Very nice post Stacy.
default_smile.png

I really just wanted to take a minute to thank a dear friend and to let all who purchase horses know that the breeder that you bought the horse from has no doubt invested a lot of themselves in the "creation" of your horse - please take care of this special gift and if able to send a message to that breeder to let them know that the horse you now have is in good hands, I know that it will make a smile come to the heart of the breeder.
Truer words never spoken - I worry about where they go when they are sold, I know we all do, and it's wonderful when they find a good forever home. The ones like Express who make their mark on the breed are so rewarding, but even the horses who never see a show ring sometimes are lucky enough to find special homes as pets, companions, youth horses.....
default_smile.png

Letting them go is sometimes the hardest thing we do as breeders - aside from some of those long foal watches.
default_wink.png

Jan

I agree, very good post Stacy. I too, have found wonderful breeders to purchase my first mini from. They went above and beyond for me and I am so thankful to them for such a wonderful mare. Breeders that are out to better the breed, build relationships with their clients, and who are truly involved with their hearts (and not just their pocketbooks) are who are going to keep this breed strong.

That was so nice and I am so happy that he is loved and appreciated. What a nice post and nice to hear good things about folks. Yes, I agree, he is a nice boy and I am glad he is loved.

default_worshippy.gif
:worship
default_worshippy.gif
default_cheekkiss.gif
:CheekKiss
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

So very well said..... I am still friends with the breeder of the first minis I bought 27 years ago.....(of which I have one that is 25, one 23, one 22 and one 20) and always send her photos of the new babies....her grand babies....

Latest posts

Back