Showing a Stallion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use vicks at most every show i go to, i have some geldings that if they smell a mare in heat they cannot help themselves. They are all trained, feel free to stop over and we will give you a demo or look me up at the shows. I use vicks when they are sick, i feel it helps open them up and get all the mucas drained out. No one here gets to worked up about me vicksing them. Vicks helps keep the smell of the mares out, i use it ..have always used it and will continue to use it. Its not a coverup for an untrained bad behaving horse, i feel it helps keep the stallion sane and doesnt rain on anyone elses parade.
default_smile.png

Just be sure to jell his mane down and forlock, it looks kind of poofy. I wouldnt band his mane. My friend does that to her QH's and Paints and cutts the mane so short and then bands it. I could not imagine doing that to a miniature w/ such a thick mane, it would stand straight up lol.

Goodluck, just be confident with him
default_smile.png
. He is very handsome, i love the headshot of him
default_yes.gif
:

Oh my gosh I think I may be falling in love with your horse.
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: (don't tell my horses I said that, they will get jealous)
Thank you!!! Everyone who comes and visits LOVES him!!!

Awww that is a cute head shot of your boy.
Thank you!! He is very photoagenic (sp?)

Just be sure to jell his mane down and forlock, it looks kind of poofy. I wouldnt band his mane. My friend does that to her QH's and Paints and cutts the mane so short and then bands it. I could not imagine doing that to a miniature w/ such a thick mane, it would stand straight up lol.
I do gel the top of the mane and forelock down. I just had the camera out this morning, so i snapped a pic. I didn't even brush it, just "finger-brushed"

When I say banding a mane, I would leave it long. I show my Registered APHA horses and I liek to see a clean cut banded mane on them, but I just meant to put the mane in bands while it is still long. I am a very good bander and have done it on him once, but never see it at horse shows on minis. I bet a mini would look cute with a TROJAN WAR HORSE mane sticking up!! :bgrin
default_wacko.png
: HAHA Just got an image in my mind and now I can't get it out :lol:

Latest posts

Back