should i show in halter???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minis_4ever<3

Reaction score
The last show season, i showed my horse in halter class's , but im not so sure this year!! like if i don't win then im loseing money!!! here is a pic of her in her show form....(at dunville) china also is very good at jumping and the other class and im teaching her how to drive!!!

china01w.jpg

default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

[SIZE=14pt]I think first off that halter is not her size. It is too small. I also think that just because you dont win it doesnt mean you wasted your money. You learn something from every class and so does she. Is she what is winning now mostly, no but that doesnt mean she cant place or do really well in driving and jumping.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Cara...At our barn we show for FUN first & foremost. Also for the experience & to learn good sportsmanship behaviour. Being competitive once inside the ring is fine but if you aren't having fun & enjoying yourself...it will show. Maybe just to me? but it will show. We don't do it for the prize money cause no one is getting rich doing this. All sports & activities cost money to participate in, some are alot more than our show entries! Think about this please. You worked very hard last year & it was amazing how well China looked. She was the most fit she's ever been & all because of you. Not only did she feel better it was much healthier for her to be trim & exercised...you can do it again
default_yes.gif
: But do it for love not money.

Hey Cara, China looked great last year considering she has had many foals and is 19 years old. You worked very hard getting her into shape and it showed. 4-h's moto is "learn by doing" and both you and China will learn and get better after every show you go to. Maybe halter class is just not right for her. There are so many other classes you can go in. Stick to colour, showmanship, obstacle, jumping and costume this year... with enough practise both of you will do great. Remember practise is the key. Moeny isn'i everything, you have to be dedicated and work hard to do well. I wish you luck this year and if you need help you know where I am.

Love you, Nicole

I saw you last year!!Your little girl is very pretty. I agree with Lyn about the halter. But I dont look at it as loosing money, I look at it as bonding time with my special man and a fun, safe way to spend my time. Good experience and friends for life.

Latest posts

Back