Shaving at home Minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minihayburner

Reaction score
I have 3 minis that I used to show so I shaved every year. Last year I shaved out of habit. I have not shown them in a couple of years. I live in Tennessee and it gets quite hot and humid. I shaved them last year to help keep them cool. Now I wonder if it would be better to just shed them out naturally., it may be better protection for them from flies and such. ( and a lot less work for me )

I would love to hear what others do with their minis that don't follow the show circuit.

Thanks

Minihayburner

Debby L

I usually do not clip my horses that aren't going to shows, and they do shed off on their own
default_smile.png

We don't clip stay at homes just bridle paths and pasterns if there long but we brush all of them real well at least 3 times a week which helps a lot and by summer up here usually July they are pretty sleek. :bgrin

I don't show, but I do drive alot and mine sure seem to get too hot if I don't clip them. I think they'd be fine if I didn't drive them though.

Latest posts

Back