SECRET SANTA-

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting my secret santa gift taken care of has been one of the few things I was able to accomplish this month. I hope it suits the person recieving it.

i hope my sectret santa got her pressie i posted it two weeks ago! to carolina.
I got it, I got it!! (first chance I had to post was today) I received the package on Friday and after about 30 seconds of head scratching, thinking what did I order and where did it come from, I realized what it was!!!! And immediately tore into it!!

For someone who likes Irish items, I couldn't have gotten a better Secret Santa!! You don't get anymore authentic than someone who LIVES in Ireland!!

The first thing I saw upon opening the box was the newspaper that was the "stuffing". The top sheet was laid across everything very neatly. It was the (then) current classified listing of horses for sale! It was very neat to read and I will have to save it! (and all the crumpled pages, I unfolded those and it was about cattle and sheep and such....very interesting!!)

Now the goodies....

ss2005.jpg

Shane sent me 2 broches/pins -- 1 a lucky clover and the other, well, I'm not sure exactly what the other one represents, but its very pretty!

Plus, a handpainted slate that says "Cead mile failte" which means Love, Loyalty, and Friendship. I've always wanted one of these, so this is great!

AND, a "shillelagh" (don't ask me about the pronunciation of this one!) which is really cool and has a little story attached...the jist of which says (my interpretation) that the shillelagh symbolizes that its owner has roots in Ireland. (is that right, Shane?)

All in all, it's great! THANKS so much, Shane!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. My gift will be going out tomorrow!!!!

I want you to know that I matched you with SHANE on purpose and gave her your request! I had fun with the matches!

laugh.gif

I was wondering if names were just randomly drawn or if names were picked for certain people. Guess this lets me know that they are selected for certain people. Mary

REO said:
I want you to know that I matched you with SHANE on purpose and gave her your request! I had fun with the matches!
laugh.gif

508010[/snapback]

Got my gifts from CAM (Debra)
aktion033.gif
biggrin.gif
P.m'd her last night but forgot to post here.

It was the NICEST gift I have ever received and want to say THANK YOU again to Debra for her kindness and generous gifts.

First, Deb made a donation to the American Cancer Society ....which was an awesome gift as it honors all those who fought cancer and are gone but never forgotten by all of us.....and also those bravely fighting the disease now. There has been alot of cancer in my family over the years and some friends fighting it. This gift means alot to me and I know Debra has her ties to this gift too.

BUT she didn't just stop there, 2 boxes arrived yesterday. Inside were show grooming supplies(hoof polish, hoof polish remover, quik silver shampoo and show sheen) Box 2 had a Oster Equine Series 7 piece Grooming Kit.....very fancy
aktion033.gif
with a really nice carrying case! Am I lucky guy or what?
yes.gif

I am just blown away by the kindness of someone I have never met. I am not surprised though as she is a member of this awesome forum. All of the grooming supplies were sure needed to get me started in showing(I am starting from scratch in this show stuff and Deb has me on the right track). Thanks again Deb!

P.S. REO, thank you for making this all happen
wub.gif
You paired up 2 strangers and little did you know how much cancer has touched both our lives. Never have I smiled so much knowing some else cares so much. It humbles me how much we all have in common even living across the country.

Last edited by a moderator:
Russ said:
Got my gifts from CAM (Debra)
aktion033.gif

biggrin.gif
  P.m'd her last night but forgot to post here.
It was the NICEST gift I have ever received and want to say THANK YOU again to Debra for her kindness and generous gifts.

First, Deb made a donation to the American Cancer Society ....which was an awesome gift as it honors all those who fought cancer and are gone but never forgotten by all of us.....and also those bravely fighting the disease now. There has been alot of cancer in my family over the years and some friends fighting it. This gift means alot to me and I know Debra has her ties to this gift too. 

BUT she didn't just stop there, 2 boxes arrived yesterday. Inside were show grooming supplies(hoof polish, hoof polish remover, quik silver shampoo and show sheen) Box 2 had a Oster Equine Series 7 piece Grooming Kit.....very fancy
aktion033.gif
with a really nice carrying case!   Am I lucky guy or what?
yes.gif

I am just blown away by the kindness of someone I have never met. I am not surprised though as she is a member of this awesome forum. All of the grooming supplies were sure needed to get me started in showing(I am starting from scratch in this show stuff and Deb has me on the right track). Thanks again Deb!

P.S. REO, thank you for making this all happen
wub.gif
You paired up 2 strangers and little did you know how much cancer has touched both our lives. Never have I smiled so much knowing some else cares so much. It humbles me how much we all have in common even living across the country.

508105[/snapback]

You are welcome Russ. I am so happy to bring a smile to the face of someone I have never met and who is so far away. Now go out there next year and bring home some blues!
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
No, not certain people, it was mostly random, a few like someone asking for Irish things and I matched her with our Irish member, or people asking for certain gifts, I matched with the people I knew could do the best to give those. Mostly random, but I go with my gut feelings too. Like the above post.

My goal is/was for everyone to be happy and have fun!

I'll be mailing my gift out in a day or so!
yes.gif

Ok.. mine didnt get mailed out on Saturday it went out today... and... I got a Delivery Confirmation on it so I will know when you get it!!! Just remember Santa is watching you...
new_shocked.gif
yes.gif

jmejemima said:
Thanks Robin!!  I did wonder if that was the case!  You did a great job!!!
508015[/snapback]

thanks robin jemima was a joy to shop for HAPPY CHRISTMAS ALL
saludando.gif

I mailed my secret santa gift today at noon, and came home tonight to find mine in the mailbox!

I love it !!! I just do not know who to thank, it did not have their name in it. I do know they live in Amelia, Virginia. Come out, come out whoever you are!
biggrin.gif
It is a lovely gift to give someone who just wanted something to do with horses. It is a candle that you put oil in, and the wick is at the top in a glass holder. Looks like pewter wrapped around a glass globe, very pretty. My pictures do not do it justice. Thank you!
aktion033.gif

front:

f145b22d.jpg

Back:

f145b131.jpg

I sent my SS gift off today as well........but it has a Long way to go to reach it's destination, and the post office only said that it could be shipped one way, but that it would be there in time. Now I know why people grip about the fares for shipping horses overseas, just shipping a little box the only way it would ship was $39. I sure hope it makes it there before Christmas, I have faith it will.

Erica, I know what you mean about shipping,mine cost $16.70 to have it shipped and if I wanted it returned in case it was undeliverable, I had to pay another $16.70, of which I deceided to send it out airmail, for just a little more but it included a return to me. It was shipped out last Wednesday and I still havent seen my S.S. person post on here. So I am hoping it made it there Ok. Corinne

WAHOO!
aktion033.gif
I recieved my gift today, I just had to open it - it was such a big box! ( Ok ok - I would have opened it even if it was a teeny tiny box!!
yes.gif
rolleyes.gif
) It is a lovely smelling vanilla candle set - I LOVE CANDLES!
yes.gif
I will leave every thing in the box though and stick it under the tree untill Christmas!
wink.gif
Thank you Alice Nevlau!!!

I am sending mine out tomorrow.

I was starting to protest the U.S.P.S. no Christmas Policy and was writing all over the box when I thought...my Secret Santa might be scared to open the box! Oh well all in fun, not fanatical, just tired of the Holiday Tree thing when it is a Christmas tree! Can't wait to hear when my person gets their gift! It is so much fun to shop!

Well mine isnt even close to ready to go out. Still havent got a clue what to get my person. Hence I think this is the last year I will be in it. Last year my persons name was give to two people, so that wasnt that fun. THis year im just stumped and cant find anything nice around here.

I know what you mean about out of the U.S. shipping!! mine was close to $15.00 to send....Hope it makes it ok...I sent it last week!!!
wink.gif
WOW! Erica, $39 to ship!!! Ouch!!!

Mine cost a lil bit more than i had expected to ship priority mail and have a delivery confirmation done.. and its only going 500 miles....
new_shocked.gif
and yes it is going to a state in the US from WV. Ha.. thought i was gonna give ya all a hint didnt ya??

Last edited:
Lori so glad you like the candle set. It sure didn't take long for you to get it I sent it out Fri Nov 25.

I like do the S.S. I know when I get mine I will open it right away I am not good about waiting for

Christmas. Alice Neveau
aktion033.gif

How nice you could do that. Really makes it special and I think it is all fun to have people we don't even know to pick out gifts for.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

REO said:
No, not certain people, it was mostly random, a few like someone asking for Irish things and I matched her with our Irish member, or people asking for certain gifts, I matched with the people I knew could do the best to give those. Mostly random, but I go with my gut feelings too. Like the above post. My goal is/was for everyone to be happy and have fun!

I'll be mailing my gift out in a day or so! 
yes.gif

508307[/snapback]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back