Scam Buyer wanting AMHA /AMHR Miniatures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pam

Reaction score
I had a "Monica" contact me through email wanting to buy one of my miniatures and said she paid by personal check/money order . She used an email account through Yahoo : [email protected]

First of all - I do NOT have my miniatures listed on "craiglist." I want to report this email address and catch this person - This is the first time that I have had this happened with horses - happened all the time when selling puppies on the link "puppyfind" but they took care of scammers.....

This is what "Monica" wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for your response,kindly send me the recent pics for a better look and your details in full for payment as well.Note my mode of payment is money order/check.

Name in full

Address in full

City

State

Zip-code

Cell Number

As soon as i have all these payment will be sent out to you as soon as possible,the payment you will be recieving will come along with an excess funds which you will send back to my shipper to make the home-pickup done at your place,you will deduct your last asking price and contact my shipper with the remainder...I hope you understand me better.

Thanks.

--- On Mon, 7/13/09, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: Miniature Horses Registered AMHA and AMHR

To: [email protected]

Date: Monday, July 13, 2009, 8:11 PM

Monica - where are you located and what exactly are you interested in? I have several for sale.

Thank you for your interest.

-----Original Message-----

To: [email protected]

Sent: Mon, Jul 13, 2009 7:56 pm

Subject: Miniature Horses Registered AMHA and AMHR

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing your product on craiglist website,send me the recent pics for a better look...What is your lastasking price ,my

mode of payment is via check/money order...Thanks.

Monica.

default_laugh.png
Isn't the English great too???? Maybe we should do something in return so Monica will "understand better" that miniature horse owners are not this naive????

I wouldn't bother reporting it. They will just change their e-mail and keep on truckin. Not worth your time or effort

I just delete and forget about it........I don't ever reply to them if it's obviously a scam like that one. I've had a few legitimate emails from overseas buyers where English was not a first language and it was a bit hard to understand, but they never want to send a money order and have you send them money back. Legitimate buyers will also ask about a particular horse by name.

Jan

I do report them so the email addie will be canceled, and yahoo is aware of the scams. Yahoo has an addie you can report them too.... If you sign on to yahoo, there is an online form to report abuse. Or if you dont have a yahoo acct, you can mark the email as 'spam' and this reports back to the email server being used (in this case yahoo) and I guess when they get enough reports, they look into it and delete it. Snopes.com has info on reporting these Nigerian scams and where to report them also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back