Typical scam email we received today!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwminis

Reaction score
Wanalynn and myself got a big laugh out of this one!

Bill

Hello,

I'm Grayson Gaunt,

I'm interested in buying your Horse for sale,i would love to know if it's still available for sale,also could you tell me the condition and the health of the horse and as well the last price,concerning the payment,i will send you a cashier's check that will cover the Horse and the shipping cost as well, which you will have to deduct your money for the horse from it and send the balance to the shipping agent company that will handle the pick up and shipping of the horse via western union after you must have deducted yours from it.

Am trusting you to do this,i feel in my spirit mind that i can count on you and please i will like you to remove the advert of your Horse from the internet as we are about to round up the whole transaction b'cos counters will always disturb the whole transaction, the payment will be sent from my attorney in the state, I will like you to email me with the name on the check and Full mailing address where the check will be mailed to and including your Home and Cell phone number because my attorney that want to issue out the check is leaving the State by this week okay, also let me have the best price for the Horse,

i will be waiting to hear from you and willing to do business with you in the nearest future.

Best Wishes.

Grayson.

I got exactly the same one with a womans name on it!
default_rolleyes.gif

Oh yeah, this is an older one. Seems they go in cycles. What a joke.

I got one one time that claimed they lived in California and they were expert dressage riders and offered to pay my way over there later to visit my horse in their big show barn. They had all this experience and claimed my horse would have a wonderful home and be shown as a dressage horse. My add was for a 25" weanling Mini colt!!

That one I did answer and was laughing the entire time I replied. I also asked if they could pay my way to Disneyland instead because I was really tired from taking care of horses every day and needed a vacation. I didnt hear back from them.

Sometimes when I am feeling evil I pretend to be all excited and take it all the way to getting them to sending the check and then busting them. Great waste of their time and makes me feel good that I have jerked them around.

I always tell them if I did not make shipping arraignments, they can send a check to the shipper themselves. I am not an agent for them.

What I think is so sad is that there are many people who still fall for these scams. Read about one in our local paper a couple of weeks ago. Wasn't for horses but was for the scam where you help some prince out of bad situation. Seems the elderly are particularly vulnerable.

Back