Saturday AMHA General Membership Meeting

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes--I think there's only a 90-day window though and lifetime memberships purchased during that window will be limited to 25 years.

did they pass on Life time membership for next year? $480.00 (missed it...)

They voted to allow lifetime memberships to be purchased March 1-May 31 2009 only, for $480 and the "lifetime" is defined as 25 years, for the lifetime memberships purchased during this time period only. Anyonw who already has one it is still a literal lifetime.

Reble, see my post right above yours.

I wish Mike would repeat questions asked. I can't hear people when they ask questions, and Mike will often answer and I'm too busy tryingto figure out what was asked to pay much attention to what the answer is.

Yes--I think there's only a 90-day window though and lifetime memberships purchased during that window will be limited to 25 years.
thanks sorry to ask but did they say when the window of the 90 days would take place?
They voted to allow lifetime memberships to be purchased March 1-May 31 2009 only,

So just trying to understand this:

someone who has not paid for this year can buy a life time membership in the 90 day window? and what about if the person like myself have already paid for this years membership? Do I just pay the difference now?

Last edited by a moderator:
They voted to allow lifetime memberships to be purchased March 1-May 31 2009 only,

So just trying to understand this:

someone who has not paid for this year can buy a life time membership in the 90 day window? and what about if the person like myself have already paid for this years membership? Do I just pay the difference now?

That they did not address.

Did they announce who the new president is? Jim Barenklau?

Also what about the other officers? Missed the whole thing.

Glad to hear that their is a "lifetime" membership, however I think they should call it something else since you are only going to be a lifetime member of 25 years. You will still save ALOT of money, but still. No complaints but perhaps they should word it a bit differently.

Glad to see now Perm. is at 3 years of age. Shouldn't be so much confusion with the both registeries. I don't think this will be a BIG deal. They should give people plenty of time to update their paperwork. As for as the mares just send in her perm. paperwork along with the babies registration. No biggie. Just means I can update my stallion's papers now and not wait til Sept.

Has their been any discussions on the new driving class?

I would also like to know about hardship...I have one I will hardship immediately who is 4yo, that I will show this year in AMHA...it would change my whole plan for the year if this passed.

Did they announce who the new president is? Jim Barenklau?
Also what about the other officers? Missed the whole thing.
President - Jim Barenklau

Vice President - Dave Miller

Treasurer - Larry Elniff

Secretary - Laura Mullen

Thank you so much.
default_smile.png

They are talking about the new driving now! I believe it is called classic pleasure?
default_smile.png

I'm still a little confused on the hardship and permanent issues - doesn't a rule change generally go into effect the following year? Are we saying that this one will be effective in 2009 or 2010?

Jan

I'm still a little confused on the hardship and permanent issues - doesn't a rule change generally go into effect the following year? Are we saying that this one will be effective in 2009 or 2010? Jan
Yes, you are absolutely CORRECT! They said it is coming into effect 2009, and is a huge rule violation!
default_no.gif
I even called Kristy, leaving a voice mail, as well as emailed her, and emailed Alison as well to pass the message along, asking for clarification and explanation on this, but it appears to have been ignored, so we'll now have to see what transpires as a result of this!

I'm still a little confused on the hardship and permanent issues - doesn't a rule change generally go into effect the following year? Are we saying that this one will be effective in 2009 or 2010? Jan
Yes, you are absolutely CORRECT! They said it is coming into effect 2009, and is a huge rule violation!
default_no.gif
I even called Kristy, leaving a voice mail, as well as emailed her, and emailed Alison as well to pass the message along, asking for clarification and explanation on this, but it appears to have been ignored, so we'll now have to see what transpires as a result of this!
It sounds as though they are still in need of money though... IMHO, I think this is the reasoning behind it, but I could be wrong
default_wink.png

Maybe it was an overlooked mistake, that they will correct.

I think it is a good thing, but a huge change for AMHA.

Latest posts

Back