saffires foaling thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow thats strange, let us know how you go... its been about two hours now... is this the new vet? what did she say? about Beau and about Saffire? I hope they are both ok...
default_unsure.png

default_saludando.gif
the vet just left so update....she said saffire is doing great no temperture,looking very healthy

she reckons saffire has 1 to 3 weeks till she foals..asked her about regumate and she said shes to close to foaling to give her that..and if she was gunna abort she would of by now..vet said when the foal is born it will be fine maybe a little week but she,ll fix that.....vet has given saffire a antibotic needle that last 5 days and

some more sulfa antibitics if needed....vet told me to stop stressing it will be fine

as for beau he has a ulcer in his eye probly from sand as it has been really windy here or he has knocked it

on something..so has to have put cream in his eye twice a day thats gunna be a mission doing that..

but iam feeling alot better now the vet has been
default_aktion033.gif

aktion033.gif
Good news about Saffire Jenny, we can ALL stop worrying then
wink.gif

As for Beau it is a bit of a bummer cos the treatment takes ages and you MUST do it at least 2 times a day. It happened to one of mine, she got caught in a rain storm and I rushed to put her in her stable, that night she rolled loads to dry herself of and she must have got shavings in her eye. It took about 2 months of treatment and a fly mask to heal her up but she is fine now.

saludando.gif
Welcome back Cassie

Thanks everyone for Alby's b'day wishes, he had a party after school and then my hubby's relatives came round after dinner for a slice of cake. He received loads of wonderful gifts (my lounge looks like a bomb has hit it) even the dog wasn't impressed that her sleeping space was so small
laugh.gif

I can't believe my baby is already 4, now hubby wants another baby and has promised me a baby girl
new_rofl.gif
No chance, this old mare is out at pasture
blush.gif

MEN!!
default_rolleyes.gif
They do have strange ideas at times don't they! LOL!!

Jenny that's great news about Saffire
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Aww poor little Beau, hope his eye improves very soon.

Not suggesting it for Beau, but if you ever get a horse with a runny/weepy eye, one of the best/most suprising things that seems to work is cod liver oil!! We used to just wipe/bathe the eye with a little Super Solvitax and it seemed to take away the soreness and stop the 'tears'. Dont ask me why it worked, or who originally told me that it would, but it did.
default_yes.gif

Hi Cassie - glad to have you back, we were getting a bit worried.
default_saludando.gif

default_saludando.gif
saffires all tucked up in the labour ward as normal, LOL,,still not going to take my eyes of saffire

as i think she,ll foal before the vet thinks
default_yes.gif

default_saludando.gif
were is everyone its been really quite in here..the last few days....hope i spelt quite right LOL..

well saffire is really carm tonight maybe that needle has help

Sorry Jenny, I am still here and reading your thread. Yesterday was a busy day as I had to clean up this pit cos relatives were here for dinner. Lol today I had the blacksmith all morning

I've been reading and keeping up with all the threads too, Jenny! Been busy to write back on all but have been following
yes.gif

Very good news about Saffire! Glad to hear it! and hope Beaus eye is ok!

Glad to see you back Cassie!

Glad to hear the vet thinks Saffire is doing well.

Sorry to hear about Beau's eye. Keep up the treatments and he'll be fine.

Hope to all those that are here, in the States, and celebrate

Thanksgiving you had a wonderful day with family and good food.

We just saw our son, daughter in law and little grandson off.

Love it when they come and stay. Miles is nearly 11 months old

and he changes so much from visit to visit.

default_saludando.gif
no foal to report....got to go to a wedding today and it will go all night

dont really wont to go and leave my saffire
default_no.gif

default_saludando.gif
sorry to hear about your mum it is the most horrible disease....my grandma has had it

for many years and i used to work in the nursing home she was in and she didnt even no who i was

and that was about 4 years ago...i could no longer work in the nursing home is it made my so

depressed..but thats great that your keeping everyone around your mum.

well back from the wedding it was ok but just wonted to be home for saffire the hole time i was there

ill be glad when she does foal as ill be able to get my social life back....

not much change in saffire tonight

but iam defently taking some pictures of her tomorow as think her tummy has got smaller

keen to see what you all think

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been following all the threads, just not saying much. Saffire has waited this long surely she will wait til you get back tomorrow. Glad beau is doing better. Sorry to hear about all the trouble with the calves.As we know sometimes it happens, but it doesn't make it any easier when it does.

Diane, glad to hear about all the family coming to be with you and your mom.. I can understand the stress with so many people. Greatgrand son sounds like the center of attention as he should be. Your Mom raised a loving and caring family and they will always be there for her. What a wonderful tribute. Enjoy cooking and cleaning and you'll catch a minute or two of quiet time along the way.

Thanks Renee,

There is certainly something about having wee ones in the family, again, that brings a special verve to the holidays.

Diane I didn't know you had family up here in Seattle. That is very special you have so many there for the holiday. I bet your Mom and sister, too, enjoy the extra special visits. Enjoy!

Ok Saffire, wedding is over and your Mom is back home...sometime sooner than Christmas would be nice.......Gee, actually, Jenny, a Christmas baby would be super...it's just that it's another month away.

I'm new and I just couldn't help but post something. Waiting for Saffire to foal is like watching water boil! I'm just itching with anticipation. Come on Saffire!! Just push that baby out!
laugh.gif

By the way she is a cute mama!
wub.gif

Hi Dandygirl and welcome to the MSBCWCB club.
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif

Dont be a stranger - all are welcome here! Just pull up a chair and make youreslf comfortable and be prepared for some long waits (not in Saffire's case we hope), long nights, and long chats in good company.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Diane, you enjoy your time with your family, put aside anything other than the cooking (of course everyone must eat!) so you get time to be with them plus a few moment of 'Diane time'.
default_yes.gif
Actually, thinking about all the cooking, cant you get them to help? Or perhaps it would be a case of 'too many cooks'?? However you decide to manage it, I hope you have a fun week.
default_yes.gif

Glad to have you back safe and sound from the Wedding Jenny - how's Saffire looking this morning (your morning when you wake up!)

This time difference is going to be a tester on me. I live in Florida...I'm so eager to see Saffire's foal. I just read Dusty's thread and her colt is a-dor-a-ble!
wub.gif

Oh dont worry about time differences - we are all world wide and I for one, get totally muddled with the times! But it does work well when there are mares foaling on marestare as we seem to work in shifts - the 'daytimers' watching mares for the 'nighttimers' and vice versa, plus there are those on different time zones who become the 'overlappers' between the other two shifts. LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back