saffires foaling thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
default_saludando.gif
good morning all,,,well saffire was doing lots of rolling last night and this morning..so dont no if she,s getting the foal in position...or the time is very near
default_yes.gif

default_saludando.gif
saffires been acting very strange today stayed in the labour ward and the gates been open, ..lots of rolling,walking around kicking her belly,tail swishing,,and tonight when i checked her udders are rock hard and really warm...maybe TONIGHTS THE NIGHT what are your thoughts...at the moment shes eating has

a bit of a munch then she,ll leaves it then come back..so on and so on

default_saludando.gif
saffires been acting very strange today stayed in the labour ward and the gates been open, ..lots of rolling,walking around kicking her belly,tail swishing,,and tonight when i checked her udders are rock hard and really warm...maybe TONIGHTS THE NIGHT what are your thoughts...at the moment shes eating has

a bit of a munch then she,ll leaves it then come back..so on and so on
Sounds like it! Come on Saffire.

Marsha

default_saludando.gif
this waiting game is really doing my head in
default_frusty.gif
:frusty

default_impatient.jpg
:impatient:
default_impatient.jpg
didnt get much sleep last night as she keep setting of the alarm...

shes gotta be close now
default_pray.gif
and a pray that everything goes good
default_pray.gif
:pray

Sounds good to me, keep us updated and don't forget to take plenty of pics. Lol

Have you got someone you can phone and ask for help if you have to wait for the vet? Cassie rang Renee of Anyssa Park i think

default_saludando.gif
yer but would take them twenty min to get to my place ...so iam pretty well on my own..my husband is here but he knows nothing about horses apart from thay cost money LOL sorry as for talking to someone on the phone ill ring the vet and talk to saffire...

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I am hoping to ring Anna or Diane as they have way more experience than my vet with minis and I am sure they would have helped me save my filly this year.

P.s don't tell them cos they don't know yet that i might be ringing them in the middle of the night. Lol

default_saludando.gif
got the complete book of foaling ,,book today iam just reading it now,,

man iam starting to sh#t my self now all the things that can go wrong
default_new_shocked.gif

default_saludando.gif
she cant stand still walking around kicking her belly and she,s digging a hole and pooing lots

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Sounds like it could be soon!! Come on Saffire!!

How long will it take for vet to get there, if it's longer then 30 min. you may want to call them now. Once she begins to sweat it will only be a few minutes, then she should break water and get down to contractions, by then it may too late to call the vet.

Sounds like she will foal very soon. Prayers for a safe delivery. Just keep calm and you will do fine.

Marsha

if she is pooing a lot and it is mushy it will be very soon. As Riverrose said it is probably a good idea to call vet now.

Good luck

Jenny you posted over an hour ago so I imagine that you have a new foal by now?????

Come on!!! let us know as we are all worried
new_shocked.gif

Me too Terry, I do hope all is well
pray.gif
Maybe Jenny is in the stable playing with her new baby
yes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back