saffires foaling thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if she'd let ya do this. But when I think they're getting close I will spread open their 'hoohoo' and if its really deep and open like you could see far in there, then she is getting really close. Sounds kinda gross and I usually need someone to hold the mare. But usually if they are loose and open inside then they will foal within 2 days for me.

Marsha

Well, she must not have found any toothpicks for her eyes, cause she is not responding. Hope the halter alarm works.

I guess no news means no foal
sad.gif

I seriously think that you should give your vet a call Jenny and get her to come and check Saffire - no harm done and perhaps she can give you her professional opinion about how long before she foals. It is very difficult for us to judge things from pictures and chatting over the internet. You need someone who is right there with you and Saffire.
default_yes.gif

I seriously think that you should give your vet a call Jenny and get her to come and check Saffire - no harm done and perhaps she can give you her professional opinion about how long before she foals. It is very difficult for us to judge things from pictures and chatting over the internet. You need someone who is right there with you and Saffire.
default_yes.gif
ditto! To what Anna said!

default_saludando.gif
good morning my tooth picks snaped and i feel asleep saffire didnt set the alarm of all ;night

no foal to report
closedeyes.gif
its got me beggered whats she doing she was doing the same thing a few nights

back to then stoped for couple of days then she was doing it again last night
default_frusty.gif
:frusty
default_frusty.gif

Please call the vet, you will never forgive yourself if something goes wrong and you didn't call
no.gif

default_saludando.gif
well its 4.00pm here and saffires been very relaxed today....ive been out most of the day but had someone here on foaling watch...i rang the vet she said it probly the foal getting in position. but it could be

a number of other things ...i dont know???? if saffire hasnt foaled by tonight ill get the vet out tomorow.

default_saludando.gif
oh forgot to tell you saffire has been bagging up for over 10 weeks now is that normal

can we have some new photos please
wub.gif
Her bagging up early could very well have been because of her placenta problems. I would still insist that the vet comes tomorrow to check her
yes.gif

default_saludando.gif
will get some photos tomorow

saffires tucked up in the labour ward

shes just doing lots of tail swishing so far... her tails going of like a helicopter

yer i probaly spelt it wrong
default_new_rofl.gif

default_saludando.gif
just feed the tribe and had a look at saffires vulva and there was of browny blood on the bottom of her

vulva ....but she had just done a wee ..ringing the vet to come look at her today if she can

default_saludando.gif
i rang the vet and the earlys i can get her to come out is friday at 2.oo

crossing every thing is gunna be ok till friday

Does the vet realise how serious this is? i really would insist that she comes out today Jenny

This is not at all to panic you Jenny this is just how I am.

I would go kick butt

This mare had a serious problem and was quite possibly going to loose her foal so they put her on antibiotics and then disappear. Even the second vet has never actually seen Saffire, I am sorry but I would not take no for an answer, SHE IS COMING TODAY!

( put your mean boots on Jenny, I am here holding your hand)
cheekkiss.gif

default_saludando.gif
nope tryed to get 2 vets from the same place here today fully booked out..

but i seen the foal move yesterday so thats a good sign

iam so stressed...i have no energy and feel really worn out all the time

i think iam getting depression
default_no.gif
:No-Sad

Oh dear Jenny, this really isn't good enough is it? What happened to your new vet who was telling you that she would be around as soon as you called?????

You need a vet on the place NOW!! Not tomorrow or Friday! Do you have any other horsey folk in the area - can you ask them who they would call/recommend for an emergency. If not, then I would phone your vet again and say that it IS an emergency and Saffire is trying to foal but cant seem to do it - when the vet gets to you just tell them that the symptoms have stopped, they wont know you were telling small white lies! If your vet still doesn't come as a result of your emergency call, then they are not worth their qualifications! Remember YOU are the 'employer' and they are the 'employee'.

Of course I realise that it is now coming up evening time for you, so why not use this time to try to speak to any horsey 'neighbours' and then get on to the vets first thing tomorrow.
default_yes.gif

Really hoping that SOMEONE will come forward to help you and Saffire very soon!

((((HUGS))))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back