Ridges - ITS PINK!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bindi's tummy has certainly started to drop, so it looks as though baby has settled down after causing her that uncomfortable session.
default_yes.gif

They are both getting close to foaling - udders can fill at the last minute sometimes! Time to get them settled at nights in their foaling stalls if you haven't done so already, and to gather a foaling kit together so you are all equipped and ready to go!!

Don't laugh but I'd already started the habit since the start of December coz I was wishfully thinking Bindi might surprise me and have her baby early haha. I've been bringing them up into the yards at night where they can walk in and out of the stall but if the weather turns wet I will lock them in. We're in summer here so no fear of freezing. Foaling kit is good and ready.

Can't completely blame Bindi for the cow pats but I saw Sweety do a poop so went down and checked it and it was just normal paddock muffins. Should I start using the foaling alarms yet?

wow this is all so exciting !! they are both still keeping us all guessing.....but it looks like we will get our answers very soon...
default_smile.png
.. I am so happy for you Hayley and I cant wait to see your gorgeous little foals...xx

I think Sweety was standing funny yesterday coz her udder had gone back to the day before. I finally saw Bindi do a poop late yesterday and went to check it. It wasn't a cow pattie but a lot softer than Sweeties. Then this morning I found three of these types in the yard. Looks like the balls have come out then splattered when they hit the ground. So something is going on with Bindi's bowel, altho it looks like it might be a night time only habit lol.

DSC_0095.JPG

Bindi this morning

DSC_0096.JPGDSC_0098.JPGDSC_0099.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmmm how is Bindi this evening ??? any changes in our 2 girls... hahahayes I have adopted them ...lol

lol, no dramatic changes here. I thought Sweety might beat Bindi but Bindi is starting to act like she's really over the whole pregnant thing so she might go first. Last night she was butt rubbing and really trying to just push as hard as she could against her backside. Must be uncomfy

Photos from today. Udders look the same. Could be just me but both girls look a bit chunky in the back end, between the flank and croup area. Sweety's hooha looks about the same, Bindi's was a no go area today. She still has jelly bum tho and has her big belly suit on again today. Photos....

DSC_0099.JPGDSC_0100.JPGDSC_0102.JPG

DSC_0105.JPGDSC_0103.JPGDSC_0097.JPG

The girls are looking good! Bindi's tummy looks like it is dropping...and if Sweetys gets too much lower she will need a skateboard under it!

What pretty Gals
default_smile.png
Can't wait to see pictures of their wee ones ! These Mini's sure like to keep us guessing. I am not even sure my Dolly is expecting. One day I think yea then the next I am like I don't know.

Yes, they are very clever at turning their mummies into crazy people lol. With Bindi I was seeing baby move so I was PRETTY sure she was pregnant. On and off, from the side, she sometimes looked like a sleek girl ready to show! I won't be 100% Sweety is pregnant until she has a foal haha. I just cant get my head around the last owner getting the date so confused and the preg test in October showing negative.

Took an udder shot of Bindi this morning and then again this arvo to make sure. Its officilal, the right side has decided to be slightly nice to me haha

DSC_0100.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Very lazy this morning and only took udder shots. Bindi's same, Sweety's the same except when I downloaded the pics you can see Sweety's hooha from this angle. Does that mean its SUPER relaxed? I should've taken a hooha shot lol

DSC_0097.JPG

hahaha they look awesome hayley , well done.... I think both of them are going to have beautiful foals...xx.. I am keenly watching.. as for the Pregnancy test in Ocober I find it hard to believe she isnt but then again the vet told me they didnt know if molly was pregnant and then a month later she gave birth.. so sometimes I think our little ladies just like to keep everyone guessing... Hopefully those udders will fill soon
default_smile.png

Yes they are rather naughty. I've decided Bindi hates me. Her tail today has a bit of resistance back and her bottom didn't feel as jelly as it has been grrrrrrr!

Photos from today...

DSC_0109.JPGDSC_0108.JPG

DSC_0111.JPGDSC_0101.JPG

DSC_0096.JPGDSC_0098.JPG

DSC_0105.JPGDSC_0095.JPG

Both they're bellies look to have dropped more , and sweetys udder is looking good
default_smile.png

Nothing much happening here.

I took a shot from behind Sweety today, you can see how much her edema has grown in a month. Any ideas on how much longer, approx?

31 dec  12 (3).JPGDSC_0098.JPG

DSC_0088.JPG

Had a bit of a scare on sunday. Two horses up the road died suddenly, vets took samples, the property was placed in quarantine as Hendra was the likely suspect. The neighbour between us has at least 25 spelling TBs in several paddocks and had a gas gun going all night to keep the bats away. The thought that Hendra was in area was a bit scarey but we were told the test results today and it was negative for Hendra. Phew!

Latest posts

Back