Ridges - ITS PINK!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Filling in front of the actual udder is quite normal - most mares start their milk production this way, so she's progressing perfectly.
default_yes.gif

she is looking really great and yes they are finally starting to fill wooohoo....good luck to both of your little girls...xx

haha, I know what you mean. Its just me being a first timer - every slight change in size is like enormous haha

How are Sweety and Bindi today???

Diane are you making fun of my poor sweet Izzie's lumpy lopsided udder?!? Ok....it is kinda funny looking.

Need some advice about Bindi. She started acting weird this arvo. I found her lying down flat out in an area in the paddock where she never sleeps. I got ready to go and inspect coz i freaked out but the noise of the gate rattling made her look up so I knew she was alive. Then for about 20mins she'd lie flat then sit up a bit, then lie flat again. I kept watching the whole time then when she did eventually go to get up she got into the sitting position with her front legs straight out. I thought she might be butt rubbing on the ground but she stayed still. Felt like ages but probably only went on for about a minute, then she stood up and her back end looked so uncomfortable. I decided to call her up to the front yard with food but she wouldn't come. Fatty bomba Sweety came so I fed her and haltered up Bindi and walked her up. She had to stop a couple of times and then would keep going.

Her udder is still tiny but the crease down the middle has disappeared up to 3/4 of the way. She's wasn't sweating anywhere but on her flank area where the hair goes up (hope you know what I mean) that area is filled out not indented like it was before. Her vulva looks tight still but not sure if that just her squishing it up when i lift her tail. Anyways, what do you guys think.......... photo's coming.

Can someone please let me know if this behaviour is unlike what you'd see in a pregnant mare and if I need to get the vet out.....

First udder photo taken 8 days ago, second this arvo

DSC_0096.JPG DSC_0098.JPG

DSC_0093.JPG

DSC_0106.JPG

DSC_0107.JPG

oh and this is just massive sweety. Her butt is getting jelly too now.

DSC_0102.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm no expert but mares can and do some strange things in late pregnancy. The foal could be lying in an uncomfortable position for her - even pressing on a nerve somewhere. I would watch her carefully (which you are obviously doing) to see how she is for another few hours. If she is eating and moving around happily, then I would relax a bit. But if she still seems 'strange' or you are not happy in any way I would put a call into your vet for a chat - not sure what your time is over there, but I would, say, watch her for the morning, give vet a call over lunch so that if he/she feels a visit is in order, it can be in the afternoon rather than a late night emergency!

Please let us know how she progresses - good luck!

She seems to be fine since i've brought her up. Its 9.35pm here atm. Always the way hey lol. Will keep an eye on her for a while and if she behaves I'll catch some sleep.

How is Bindi today??

I think her udder is just beautiful, and she is filling just fine! I wish she'd hurry a bit though, I'm really looking forward to this little one she's hiding. But, you've gotten some great pictures, and they are a good thing for people to see how udders fill. Actually, I wasn't picking on Izzy, I was complimenting you on all your pictures! LOL!
lol...ok since I have on my tall rubber boots today I will go with that...lol!

I checked her in the night and she was fine and still is this morning. Her side still looks a bit odd, will try to get a good photo of it. Tried last night but you couldn't see it properly.

Look at the left side of Bindi in this pic. I think there is a definite 'lump/baby' pushing on her side
default_smile.png

post-44615-0-51618100-1358240655_thumb.jpg

Unless im just seeing things hehe

That was one lump then there was another further up as well. Just checked before and the lumps have disappeared so musta just been bub in an awful position lol. Her udder has kinda gone back to how it was and she doesn't seem as agitated. Sweety's udder isn't doing anything except growing more skin
default_wacko.png

DSC_0095.JPGDSC_0094.JPGDSC_0093.JPG

DSC_0098.JPGDSC_0101.JPGDSC_0099.JPG

Sweeties edema is bigger this arvo than this morning. The neighbours are going to start wondering when i'm going to put my 'gelding' into a dry lot to slim down. Actually the places the camera has been I think they'd be more worried about me
default_new_rofl.gif
The edema still hasn't started draining into her udder, but is getting a double chin. Her hooha is looking more a bit more relaxed.

DSC_0095.JPG

DSC_0098.JPG

DSC_0099.JPG

Someone is doing cow paddies. Not sure who it is but will attempt to find out lol.

Bindi's tail resistance has been progressively getting weaker over the last few weeks and today there is no resistance whatsoever. Backside is total jelly. Her udder is still the same and not sure how to read her hooha. Sorry the photo is a bit dark, is so bright outside today. Compared to the same shot taken 27 dec it now looks more sunken in towards her body.

DSC_0097.JPGDSC_0099.JPGDSC_0101.JPGDSC_0102.JPG

Sweety is still the same in all spots but her tummy looks bigger.

DSC_0094.JPG

And just this photo, couldn't resist, she looks so pretty
default_smile.png

DSC_0107.JPG

Wow Sweety's udder is making lotsa progress...exciting about the cow patties! (hehehe...we are excited about poo!)

Latest posts

Back