Retarting overo thread.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shari...Whao, there. Thumbnail size star....roaning??? She's Sabino + Tobiano. No white on head of Tobiano!!!
smile.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Yep CAM that is a tovero filly.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Secret Hills Ranch said:
This is our Overo stallion:
CinderBrookieHeadshotGOOD.jpg
cinder_best.jpg

Would you say he is frame?

More pics can be seen here: http://www.secrethillsranch.com/studs/gallery/cinder05/

522984[/snapback]

He looks to me like he could easily carry Frame. I would definately have him tested before breeding to any mares that had the posibility of being LWO if he were mine.

I was concerned about my Bandit (in avatar). Had him tested and he is negative for LWO which means his blue eyes and crazy markings come from Splash.

Here's our "overo"... (Snowcap Appaloosa + splash is the major theory) - we just pulled blood and hair and he'll be tested for black/red/agouti, as well as LWO and Tobiano - mainly to officially rule those patterns out!
rolleyes.gif

buzz1201-14.jpg

rabbitsfizz said:
Shari...Whao, there.  Thumbnail size star....roaning???  She's Sabino + Tobiano.  No white on head of Tobiano!!!
smile.gif

522978[/snapback]

Yes,, she does have a thumb nail size star,, which has been roaning out since she was born. Other areas of her are also doing this.

OK... She is both?
wacko.gif
biggrin.gif

Shari said:
rabbitsfizz said:
Shari...Whao, there.  Thumbnail size star....roaning???  She's Sabino + Tobiano.  No white on head of Tobiano!!!
smile.gif

522978[/snapback]

Yes,, she does have a thumb nail size star,, which has been roaning out since she was born. Other areas of her are also doing this.

OK... She is both?
wacko.gif
biggrin.gif

523051[/snapback]

Tovero is the combination of Tobiano along with any of the "Overo" patterns. So, yes, she is both. Sounds like Tobiano + Sabino.

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
i have to aplaud you all i love your horses there my favourite colours there absolutley stunning thank you for sharing
yes.gif
yes.gif
im over here drooling....
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif

Our lovely Mom, Zoe, unusual facial markings with two blue eyes w/ eyeliner.

She is registered palomino, her Dad is a B&W overo....her mom is solid brown, no white at all with a pinto background, however.

Zoey_coming_home.jpg

With ZuniTunes, her '05 tovero filly

ZuniZoe6-12.jpg

With Zena, her '04 tovero filly

MomDaughterProtrait5-14.jpg

I would say this is definately a Tovero, not a strait Tobiano.

lyn_j said:
[SIZE=14pt]Yep CAM that is a tovero filly.[/SIZE]Lyn

523032[/snapback]

Raven01.jpg

Nope, definitely only tobiano; DNA tested as such and no overo in her background. She is out of a grey mare and is homozygous for black. We sure weren't expecting that.
smile.gif

No, I am sorry, you are wrong. There is no test for Splash and only a very new, still to be totally proven, test for one sort of Sabino, ONLY. The only test for Frame is LWO which is pretty conclusive. The fact that the animal has face white means it has Splash or Sabino, and there is NO test to prove it does not. Testing for Tobiano is difficult- the test for H/Z Tobiano requires parent testing and delving into backgrounds and is only 99% (only
smile.gif
!!) accurate. A horse can prove H/Z for Tobiano and still have Splash and Sabino, and NO way to prove it does not. This is only one of many problems with calling all these totally unrelated patterns "overo".

The first horse looks very much as if she is Splash + Tobiano- the second also, but only because, IME, Sabino does not usually cause a broken face blaze.

Again, Tobiano does NOT have face white.

Face white on a visual Tobiano = the presence of another pattern.

smile.gif

I agree 100% with Rabbit, Cam.
yes.gif
There ARE no tests for Splash or Sabino....so your "Tobianos" could not have been tested negative for these. They both appear to be Toveros...and carrying either Sabino or Splash, as well as Tobiano.
yes.gif
In my opinion....it's the Sabino gene that's causing the facial markings here.

Equuisize said:
Our lovely Mom, Zoe, unusual facial markings with two blue eyes w/ eyeliner.She is registered palomino, her Dad is a B&W overo....her mom is solid brown, no white at all with a pinto background, however.

Zoey_coming_home.jpg

With ZuniTunes, her '05 tovero filly 

ZuniZoe6-12.jpg

With Zena, her '04 tovero filly

MomDaughterProtrait5-14.jpg

523300[/snapback]

Your mare appears to be a lovely Silver Chestnut....not Palomino. She is much to red to be a Palomino/ Many are mistakenly registered at Palominos...it's pretty common. She has a lovely face & is definitely Overo...either Frame or Splash. Her tovero foal is a real cutie pie!

Wow, didn't know and couldn't find so much information on the "color" when I was registering these spotty characters in pinto. Wish I'd known about you color people before I did it. Here's my colorful three and you can tell me what they should be. First Chip is listed as tobiano:
chipTulsaPleasure.jpg

This is Awesome who is probably wrongly listed as overo (which I read to be no irregular white with no white crossing over back area):
awesomeShawano1.jpg

This is Mandy who is listed as Tobiano also but she has some belly white and only a smudge in a whorl on her face (could be bigger with age):
mandy06.jpg

WestmorelandFairLordyExtraPhoto.jpg

Little Wee Lord of the Ring

lesley091405b.jpg

Timber Ridges Lesley

Teaca10-12-5.jpg

Bears Paw Little Rascal ... aka Teaca

SpecialSioux729.jpg

Coventrys Midnight Special Edition & Chenterra Blue Bonnet Sioux

Last edited by a moderator:
She has a lovely face & is definitely Overo...either Frame or Splash
I'm going with sabino on that mare! That face marking and the spots in the white on her nose are pretty typical of sabino! However, she could be carrying more than one overo pattern!

Latest posts

Back