Retarting overo thread.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think so, it would be very unusual for Sabino to express like that without Splash present- look at the socks on her hind legs- those are Splash "cut offs " not Sabino. She is most probably both.

I also think she is Silver Bay.

She is not Palomino that's for sure.

If I were you I'd be so disappointed I'd give her to me to get her out of the way
rolleyes.gif
smile.gif

rabbitsfizz said:
I don't think so, it would be very unusual for Sabino to express like that without Splash present- look at the socks on her hind legs- those are Splash "cut offs " not Sabino. She is most probably both.I also think she is Silver Bay.

She is not Palomino that's for sure.

If I were you I'd be so disappointed I'd give her to me to get her out of the way
rolleyes.gif

smile.gif

523993[/snapback]

The reason I said she was Silver-Chestnut (and not Silver-Bay) is because her lower legs appear to be the same uniform color as her body (not darker, as a Silver Bay would be). A Silver Bay's points DO get diluted from the silver gene....but they will still be a noticeable shade "darker" than the body.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I agree but she is not a "usual" colour at all.

As you know, I do not believe in Santa Claus or silver chestnuts, so, since as far as I am concerned she cannot be that and she is not Palomino, I was looking for a colour she could be
smile.gif

If we knew her proper name we could look her up and maybe solve the mystery
yes.gif

rabbitsfizz said:
She is not Palomino that's for sure.If I were you I'd be so disappointed I'd give her to me to get her out of the way
rolleyes.gif

smile.gif
Jane,

I'll ask Ms Zoe if she'd like a looooooooooong ride!! She's kind of a Mommy's

girl though so I think she may choose to stay at home with me rather than

travel abroad. Although I do think traveling aborad is a good experience for our children
biggrin.gif

I wish I had a really good picture of her showing her color. She is not as red

as photograph's show her.....shed out in the summer she has a flatter gold tone to her coat than a burnished red color......

Her father is a black and white, maybe? black bay, minimal white overo, also with two blue eyes.

Her Mom is called seal brown, although she has a pinto background...

In just a few here I will put pictures up of her Mom and Dad, as soon as I get them loaded to Photobucket.....

I should have her tested I guess, but as long as I am only breeding her to my little sabino stallion, I haven't gottten the incentive to pay the dollars for the test.....

Her registered name is: Knightstars Golden Treasure and she is R registered only...her # is 206417B if that's help any.......

Zoe's Dad - Northern Lights Warriors Pride

ZoeysDadpridea.jpg

ZoeysDadpridec.jpg

Zoe's Mom - Coffee Grounds DoWah Ditty

zoesmomdowha2.jpg

Whoa, sorry those are so huge - kind of like having him in your lap...they're are from photos Zoe's breeder sent me......

Zoe's not a silver anything if those are her parents, as neither carries silver, or it would be visible.

Does she have ANY roaning in her coat? She reminds me of my sabino mare, except my mare is so "roany" she's almost white. And I agree with Becky, those spots in her face white are from sabino, as I have a QH mare that tends to pass those on.

Zoe's grandsire on the top is registered as a red roan with flaxen mane and tail, but his pedigree is unknown.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, Zoe shows no roaning on her body at all.........

She does, when shed out, have huge dapples, that in my full size horses,

we called nutrition dapples, when they utilize their feed well........

Hmmm, guess I should have her tested, huh, just to settle the discussion?

What would I have her tested for?

All I know is that she is a very pretty girl and with my little guy is throwing

me some sweet babies, in red and white, my fav....

I was told by her breeder that the Zoe's mother was a mare that threw the

color of any stallion she was bred to......Zoe seems to be doing the same.

Guess we'll see what she pops us out in June, to see if that holds true. I always think there is a potential to get a more solid baby from her as her Mom is solid

and also my stallions' Mom is, well she is a bay roan, but definitely not pinto.

I like the red and white pintos so I'm not complaining one bit
wub.gif

I agree with ThreeC on the color. Silver isn't possible from that set of parents.

With the blue eyes, I would say that splashed white or frame is possible on the mare along with sabino. That stallion is sabino + something else to account for the blue eyes.

My stallion, Incognito, has one blue eye and he is definitely sabino but likely carries another pattern, too. I've never tested him for frame, but have considered doing so although none of his foals at this point show any frame characteristics.

Your mare appears to be a lovely Silver Chestnut....not Palomino. She is much to red to be a Palomino/ Many are mistakenly registered at Palominos...it's pretty common. She has a lovely face & is definitely Overo...either Frame or Splash. Her tovero foal is a real cutie pie!
Can you explain to me why you think silver?? Just curious.

My mare is just that color!!

I wonder if that is just a very "wild" sort of Flaxen, over Red- she doesn't have any sort of Dorsal, does she?? She is AMAZINGLY pretty- I have always thought so, but I also never thought she was Palomino- Oh, GO ON!!! Have her tested for Cream!! It's only $25.00 (This colour testing place should be giving this Forum a discount!!!)
smile.gif

One more pic of Zoe - this, a few days after we brought

her home, freshly bathed ....... Can you see she almost

has a lighter dorsal stripe going down her back???

Her mane when freshly bathed is nearly white, not like in

a grey horse but lighter than the blonde, that I call flaxen, anyway.....

Zoey6-29-03.jpg

Latest posts

Back