Rental Cars

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILoveMyGelding

Reaction score
We are taking a trip and need to rent a minivan. Where is the best place to go for this? We are thinking

enterprise but not sure if that is the best place to go?

In our area Budget rental cars were much cheaper than Enterprize Leasing .

I'll never do business with thrifty again. They gave us three cars with major problems before we got one that was maginally ok.

budget is a good company, try to find a rental with unlimited mileage.

We have rented lots of cars and pretty much just shop by price and have never had a problem. Just make sure you stick with one of the big companies and you should do fine.

We have used Expedia and Travelocity, but I'm sure that any travel site would work. Just follow the directions for the rental car selection and it will give you all the cars that are available at what price. The price that you lock into at the site is always the one that is honored at the car rental place (I was worried about a bait and switch). We have also gotten upgraded for free several times as the car we reserved wasn't available. That is fun to get to drive a luxury car when you're not used to one!

Most cars that you pick up at airports are unlimited mileage but it doesn't hurt to check. The only one I've found NOT to be unlimited was Enterprise and that was for a local rental not associated with the airport.

Good luck!

Jayne

We rent cars off & on, for years. Cheaper to put the miles on a long trip & the responablity of problems to take our own cars. It is always check what's available(Shop around) in your area for your best deal. Weekly rates are usually much cheaper than 5 day rates, etc. Unlimited mileage is not availabe @ all companies or locations. Many locations are franchises which hold slightly different rules on renting. Check with your own insurance company to see how you are covered before deciding on insurance. Going to Mexico or Canada requires extra paperwork(usually no charge). AAA, AARP, credit cards, etc hold different discounts with different companies. Credit CARDS SOMETIMES GIVE FREE RENTAL CAR INSURANCE WHEN USING THIER CARD TO PAY THE BILL. Ask what is the best rate & what discounts can be applied. Watch your car classes, different at different compaines. Be flexible as the car you are promised my be another model within the same class. If a small location check on the rental the day before for any problems & restate your 1st choice of model/class. AVOID getting from an airpot location if possible = usaully $100. or so differents from airport to airport(surcharges required by airports). In big locations they sometimes get to many incoming cars & offer discounts for one way trips out of their area, etc, etc; just ask "what is the best offer going at the time needed.

Good Luck!
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif

Thanks you all! We are going from Iowa to Georgia. It's going to be 4 adults and the baby so we need something big to take all of our stuff! I'm going to have to look around this week sometime. I've never heard of budget but will have to check our phone book. Thanks again, Cassie

make sure to ask if there is a region you can travel in. I know we looked into renting one to go from Kentucky to Maine after we had a break down in Kentucky and it only covered a certain region and you were not allowed to go out of that region.

Back