Remembering With Love

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy

Reaction score
It is 10 long years this week (June 16th) since our grandson Wade Simmons drowned on his grade 8 shcool trip when the boat they were on sank on Georgian Bay between Flower Pot Island & Tobermory.

Wade & another class mate Henrika Forrester both drowned. Wade was missing for about 36 hours.That has to be the worst feeling in the entire world - to have a child missing.

Wade was one of the many grandkids that used to show with us when they were younger.

Many of you know his brother Shelby -- who still does come to shows with us at times.

How very much we miss him -- and how quickly the time has passed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Amy. I am SO very sorry. Hugs. Times does not heal some wounds. I could not even fathom losing my grandson. He is my entire world. Thinking of you and your family during this rough week.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a sad day this must be for you and your family, I can only imagine.
no.gif

I rememeber the day I heard the awful news about the school trip.

Thinking of you and his family at this time
default_pray.gif

Amy and John. I am sorry you had lost your beloved grandson. Even the years sometimes don't really make it any easier. I wish you peace.

I know this constant pain very well.Its only 4 years for us but I don't see it improving in ten years. I also know it feels like just yestarday that it happened and there is nothing that makes that unbearable pain go away. Its something that we all keep telling ourselves will get better in time, but we really know that kind of torture in our heart is here to stay forever. I also know what Shelby has to deal with it as a brother. I have to deal with Dan every day, nothing helps him at all. My heart goes out to your entire family especially during this very difficult week.

What a tragic loss! I'm so sorry. I pray that God comforts you especially on this day.

Amy so very sorry to hear of your grandson's loss. Time heals some but it never goes away completely.

Pease to you, John and your entire family.

I remember hearing about this as well....

so very sorry....you and your family will be in my thoughts

~kathryn

I'm terribly sorry for your families loss.... I can't imagine how you must feel.

My prayers are with you and your family....

I'm so sorry. I agree, time does not heal some wounds. Prayers to your entire family on this day.

Latest posts

Back