Very proud grandma,

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Last night I took my two grandsons, ages 6 and 8 trick or treating. We had a great time and they got tons of candy, not many kids out though.

We go into a small town just down the road from us. The sidewalks really need repaired, are crooked and catywampus.

My 2 had just gone up to a house, we're coming back down these folks porch,,,,,,,3 other kids were coming up to the house when one of the younger ones tripped on the sidewalk and dumped his pumpkin basket full of candy onto the ground. We have had tons of rain and the candy had fallen into a puddle of leaves and mud. The little boy was trying to pick up the candy but most was pretty wet, his mom insisted he let it go he would not be allowed to eat it. He started crying as he had just walked hours (his words) to get the candy,,,continued to cry as mom tried to make him feel better,,,,,,,,when my 8 year old grandson passed by him and Tommy dumped more than half of his candy into the little boys pumpkin. Did not hesitate, dumped his candy and continued on walking and never said a word. My heart swelled with pride.
default_wub.png
:

Later we ran into a discount store, I wanted to pick Tommy up a prize for sharing. He told me he really didn't need anything today, but thank you.

When I explained why I wanted to do it for him,,,,,,,,,,he told me "that's ok,,,,,,,,I gave the little boy my candy cause maybe he doesn't have a grandma."

I do not know exactly what Tommy meant,,,,,but it sure did sound like a caring, appreciative kid. Again making me very proud.

Grandkids are the best. :bgrin

What a great story. Kudos to Tommy. :aktion033: :aktion033: You can tell he has a good heart already! :bgrin

Brought tears to my eyes. My granddaughter also. 9 years old. We worked weeks on her Panda costume. She won FIRST prize and told me "Grandma you deserved it".
default_wub.png
: Aren't they the best? You can be very proud of such a caring young man.
default_wub.png
: Bonnie

You should definitely be proud of your grandson's instant and generous response, what a very kind and thoughtful young man he is!!
default_wub.png
:

What a wonderful caring Grandson!

Wow - you should send that in to Reader's Digest - that is just the sort of story they like to publish.

Hurrah for Tommy!

JJay

Oh Carolyn,

What a cool story - it just shows how wonderful kids can be! I know you are so proud of your grandson and you have every right to be! You are so right "Grandkids are the best!!"

Hugs to Tommy and an extra special hug for his Grandma, Carolyn!

That rules! What a sweetheart. I think what he meant is that he felt particularly lucky to have a gramma like you, so sharing is his way of sharing back.

Pay it forward kind of thing.

Thanks for sharing this story, the world needs lots more Tommys.

Liz

[SIZE=14pt]Carolyn that is one of the most touching, sweetest stories I ever heard.... means he loves his grandma so much..... you should send that in to a magazine somewhere.... maybe country living...with a pic of him if you have one.[/SIZE]

Lyn

That sweet little boy is going to grow up to be an incredible man! As they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, and this story tells me you and your family are good people and have set great examples for the little ones!

Oh such a lovely boy.

Hope we all can learn from such a touching story.

Thanks for sharing
default_wub.png
:

What a wonderful story and what a wise kind little soul he is. Your buttons must be bursting with pride.

Latest posts

Back