A Tribute to Nut Creeks Gun Powder..He was a Grand Ole Gentleman..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry for your loss. May God bless you for your compassion and love for this little horse. His later photos are so beautiful, thank you.

{{{{HUGS}}}} I'm so sorry for your loss.
default_no.gif
His story and pictures just made me cry. I'm so glad he got to spend his last years in a loving home. You are wonderful!

That was a wonderul memorial Teresa. I am so sorry to hear of his passing, but like you said, he is now free, galloping acroos the green pastures in the sky with his mares, like when he was a youngin. You and Art cared for him soo well when he was alive, and taking him from that horrid place was the best thing ever done for him. Sending hugs and healing

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am shocked that he even lived!!! It does not even resemble the same horse as the one you first got there!!! He was obviously happy with you and shows it! Bless you for paying the money to buy him and take care of him and give him happiness the rest of his life! That is one of the worst starvation pics I think I've seen.

RIP Gunny- run fast and free in meadow grass up to your belly!!!!!

Thank you guys for giving him such a wonderful home and for caring so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am truly sorry for your loss. God bless you for having the determination and heart to bring Gunny into your home. You blessed his life as I am sure he blessed yours. You should be proud that you provided a great home to a special little horse, when he truly needed you. Thank you for sharing your story.

It is those that come to us in need, that become dearest to our hearts. I know you will miss him, and only time will heal. One thing I have notice is the horse in time forgets his horrid past and lives in the momment..not so easy for us. Deepest heartfelt sympathy to you that knew and love him...rest in peace sweet boy.

Theresa and Art, You are two very special people. Your story made me cry, that humans could be so cruel to that little horse, but then you came along and saved him. I know he had a wonderful life at your place, he doesn't look at all like the horse in the first pictures. RIP Gunny
default_wub.png
HUGS to you and Art.

Yvonne

First so sorry for your loss

What a wonderful story

I'm so glad he lucked on to you finding him you

made his last years heaven on earth compared

to how he was living when you found him

I'm sure he realized how lucky he was

What a sad story but such a happy life he did have once you found him.

Rest in Peace little feller.

OMG....were these "poor excuses for human beings" people every prosecuted????
default_no.gif
And if not, WHY?
default_wacko.png

They should be in jail......or at the very least, subjected to the same treatment they gave their animals!!! (what happened to the ANGRY icon?) I would like to snub-tie that guy to a tree in the blazing hot sun with no water or food.

People like that don't deserve to live IMHO

Gunner was so lucky that you found him. Bless his soul......AND yours!
default_wub.png

Dear God, that is beautiful!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
Gunny was so lucky that you found him, he knew he was special and knew he was loved. Theresa and Art, you are very, VERY special people, and may God always bless you.
default_worshippy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG That's GORGEOUS! I know how much that means to you.
default_wub.png

There ARE Angels here on earth!

OMG....were these "poor excuses for human beings" people every prosecuted????
default_no.gif
And if not, WHY?
default_wacko.png
They should be in jail......or at the very least, subjected to the same treatment they gave their animals!!! (what happened to the ANGRY icon?) I would like to snub-tie that guy to a tree in the blazing hot sun with no water or food.

People like that don't deserve to live IMHO

Gunner was so lucky that you found him. Bless his soul......AND yours!
default_wub.png

My thoughts exactly. Oh my
default_no.gif

Such a wonderful rescue story and thank you for sharing with us. I certainly hope the animal control people came out and pressed charges against these people. they don't deserve to own ANY horses at all. (Or any animals for that matter)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's beautiful! What a wonderful tribute. Though I knew I shouldn't have read this post at work. Hope a customer does not come in now. LOL I'm so glad he was rescued from such a horrible situation. I can't believe people sometimes. There are no words to describe what I would like to do to people like that!!! Thank God he had a wonderful loving home for the last years of his life.

R.I.P. Gunner

What a beautiful tribute...bless you for taking care of him ---

Liz R.

Im sorry all over again remembering this post. I love his stone. Very very nice.

Latest posts

Back