Email I was sent about McCain

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueMoonEmbroidery

Reaction score
Over the past few months, you have doubtless seen an email or two or heard a rumor or two about Barack Obama. You probably believed the contents at first, and soon after you found that these emails weren’t true. But, here, I have composed a list of little-known facts about Republican Presidential nominee John McCain that, unlike those Obama emails, is completely factual. You will find links and/or videos to support every single fact listed by visiting

http://www.excons.org/The-truth-about-john...ourced-version/

Whether you are Democrat, Republican, or Independent, you owe it to yourself and your country to discover the truth about John McCain.

1. John McCain divorced his wife, a model at the time that he married her, after he began an adulterous relationship with a rich, beautiful woman 17 years younger than him. McCain carried on the affair for 9 months, while still living with his wife.

John McCain met his 2nd wife Cindy in April of 1979 while still married to his first wife, Carol

McCain would divorce his wife Carol, who had been disfigured and disabled in a car accident while McCain was in Vietnam in February of 1980. Court documents show that McCain lived his with his wife until January of 1980 despite claims in his book that the two had separated before he began his affair with his lover, Cindy.

Ross Perot paid for Carol’s medical treatment and was a family friend of sorts to the McCain’s at the time. Perot said the following of John McCain:

“McCain is the classic opportunist. He’s always reaching for attention and glory. After he came home, Carol walked with a limp. So he threw her over for a poster girl with big money from Arizona. And the rest is history.”

2. When asked why he deliberately lied on an issue of the Confederate flag flying over a capital, John McCain offered the following, “I’m sure, for all the wrong reasons… for ambition, votes.”

3. John McCain claims to have received “the highest award from literally every Veteran’s organization in America” on his voting record on veteran’s issues. No way to spin this one - it is a flatout lie. The Iraq and Afghanistan veterans of America have given John McCain a grade of D. Disabled Veterans of America rate John McCain with a 20 percent voting record on veteran’s issues. Vietnam Veterans of America say that John McCain has voted “Against Us” 15 times and “For Us” 8 times.

By contrast, Barack Obama has received a grade of B, a voting record of 80 percent of veteran’s issues and has voted “with” the Vietnam veterans 12 times and “against” only once. You would think that a veteran like McCain would have more respect for our veterans, but, apparently not.

4. John McCain, said of Hurricane Katrina that “if he were in charge, he would have been on the ground helping.” Where was McCain hours after Katrina made landfall? Helping organize and draw federal support for the area, perhaps? No, actually, he was celebrating his birthday with President Bush.

5. John McCain has had men working in his campaign that have taken money to lobby the United States on behalf of a French airplane manufacturer that is trying to take military contracts away from U.S. airplane manufacturers. The man’s firm has also taken money from Ukraine, and has even taken $15 million from Saudi Arabia all to lobby the United States government on behalf of those foreign governments.

Can you imagine if Barack Obama had people like this working for him? So much John McCain staying away from lobbyists.

6. John McCain called his wife a “c***” in front of three reporters in 1992.

The full story is found in the book, The Real McCain, but, here is an excerpt:

‘At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain’s hair and said, “You’re getting a little thin up there.” McCain’s face reddened, and he responded, “At least I don’t plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you c***.” McCain’s excuse was that it had been a long day. If elected president of the United States, McCain would have many long days.’

The story hasn’t been picked up by mainstream news due to sensitivity of the word and the borderline nature of whether it should be covered in the first place, but, here is more on story (warning: rough language).

7. In July of 2008, John McCain’s top economic adviser, Phil Gramm, characterized the United States’ current economic hardships as “mental” and called the United States a “nation of whiners”.

8. Are you a fan of George W. Bush? The polls say there is a 72% chance that you aren’t. John McCain has voted in-line with Bush policy 100% of the time so far in 2008. Of course, John McCain has also missed 60% of Senate votes in 2008, the most of any Senator, so there isn’t a real big sample. In 2007, McCain missed an amazing 43 straight votes at one point. Sounds like Senator McCain is very dedicated to his job.

9. Also, in July of 2008, John McCain called Social Security an “absolute disgrace”.

10. Do you still think that Republicans mean lower taxes and smaller government? Under McCain’s tax plan, if you make less than $112,000 per year, you would pay more taxes than under Obama’s plan. So much for it being Republicans who are looking out for the little guy, huh?

11. According to the non-partisan Tax Policy Center in Washington, John McCain’s “deficit reduction” plan would actually increase the already record-setting national debt by over 50%. Today, the national debt sits at just over $9 trillion. John McCain’s plans of lowering taxes, increasing military spending, and continuing the Bush philosophy of big government, would increase the national debt by $5.7 trillion. In fact, his policies would increase the national debt by far more than the “big-spending” Democrats.

12. Does your community benefit from any federal earmark money? Many communities do. While earmarks are a popular scapegoat, the fact is that many improvements made to your roads, at your airports, at your government buildings, and throughout your communities come from earmarks. Some earmarks fund programs like providing outreach to children who are abused. John McCain has promised to eliminate earmarks and veto every bill that features one. Why does he promise this? He wants to spend the money on staying in Iraq and this is the only way to afford to stay in Iraq.

13. Did you know that the Iraqi government is asking us to start a plan of pulling troops out of Iraq? Did you know that John McCain doesn’t want to do this, even though the Iraqis want us to? Did you know that in 2004, McCain promised that we would leave Iraq when the Iraq government wanted us to? What changed, Senator? And, why do you want to stay in Iraq so badly anyway?

14. Here’s a guess as to why John McCain wants to stay in Iraq. He wants to use it as a staging area to attack Iran. When asked about how to handle Iran, McCain responds “That old Beach Boys’ song… Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb bomb Iran.”

Apparently, a conflict that would result in the deaths of thousands of American soldiers (the death toll for Iraq is over 4,000) is just a punchline to Senator McCain. Nevermind the fact that Iran is also one of the biggest suppliers of oil to China. Does Senator McCain really expect them to sit idly by as we take over another Middle Eastern country that provides them oil? Are you prepared to elect a man that seems to take armed conflict so lightly and who would so quickly lead us into another war where Americans would die?

15. When asked what he thought of George W. Bush’s statement that the U.S. might stay in Iraq for 50 years, McCain responded, “Maybe 100, we’ve been in South Korea and Japan for 60 years or so. It would be fine with me, I hope it would be fine with you.”

In closing -

I just want to say this: John McCain is the true danger to this country. Unlike those nasty lies about Barack Obama that have hit your Inbox, these are true and backed up with sources. Do you still feel good about John McCain as your commander-in-chief?

Please don’t vote this dangerous, angry, power-hungry man into office. If you can’t vote Obama or just find yourself being too conservative to vote for those kinds of Democrat policies, please consider voting for Bob Barr, the Libertarian candidate. Barr is the only candidate in this election actually advocating true “conservative” policies - smaller government, less restrictions on freedoms, and less involvement in world affairs.

John McCain is dangerous, ambitious, and angry and will likely lead us into more war and spend more of our money in countries like Iraq and Iran instead of spending it on the American people.

I'm only going to comment on the first part of this regarding his first wife, don't have time to look up the other stuff:

I do not know if all that you have listed is totally true or not, but yes, I do believe he was having an affair with Cindy while he was still married to his first wife. He admitted it and said just recently on an interview with Curic that it was one of the worst decision of his life. Certainly wouldn't keep me from voting for him.

All politicians have skeletons in their closets, things they have lied about, instances where they obviously show they are morally challenged...lol...it's up to the voter to decide which things are important to them when making a decision, is it important that John McCain lacked character by cheating on his wife??? Yes, to me it is somewhat important, but even more important to me is the fact that Obama begin his political career in the living room of a domestic terrorist.

Politicians are human after all, none are perfect, both sides can put up items, true or not, showing the lack of character/judgement/etc. of the opposing candidate. Obama is certainly not Mother Teresa, nor is John McCain. What do we have left? Country...and I choose to put Country first...therefore I'm voting for McCain.

Is it important to you the facts that came out about McCain and the Keating 5?

Is it important to you the facts that came out in the recent court case with Palin and her brother-in-law?

Is it important to you with the facts that came out with Palin and the $$ (tax $$) used to bring children who were not invited to attend certain functions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya know I sat here and read every word. Then I got to the bottom where it became evident that this is a campaign effort for Bob Barr. Does anyone else remember all the mud-slinging done by Hillary and Biden during the primary? 'Course now they didn't mean a word of it. I guess the devil made 'em do it.

I agree with Sonya.

Danielle_E. said:
Is it important to you the facts that came out about McCain and the Keating 5?
Danielle, do you mean like this from the article you shared in early October:

In February 1991, the Senate Ethics Committee found McCain and Glenn to be the least blameworthy of the five senators. (McCain and Glenn attended the meetings but did nothing else to influence the regulators.) McCain was guilty of nothing more than "poor judgment," the committee said, and declared his actions were not "improper nor attended with gross negligence." McCain considered the committee's judgment to be "full exoneration," and he contributed $112,000 (the amount raised for him by Keating) to the U.S. Treasury.

link --->
https://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/xf/index.php?showtopic=99907http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=99907
https://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/xf/index.php?showtopic=99907

Have the facts changed since you posted the above referenced article that included the actual (and favorable) information about McCain's connection to the Keating 5?

Is it important to the facts that came out about McCain and the Keating 5?Is it important to the facts that came out in the recent court case with Palin and her brother-in-law?
yes, they are important.

John McCain was proven to show "bad judgement" with Keating and nothing more. I can post the link but it's been here before so I'm sure you've seen it. I certainly do not agree with his actions.

As far as Palin abusing her authority by firing her scum of her ex BIL, she probably did abuse her authority, but she sure did the state of AK a favor by removing that loser.

Both concerns in my decisions, but again Obama has more concerns that weigh on my mind much more heavily. I can list them here, his questionable affiliations and ties to acorn, his cousin...but then I would be considered by some as fear mongering and causing small minded hatred...so I won't bother.

As I said, no candidate is perfect, and I'll be the first to admit that my candidates of choice are far from perfect and do not agree with everything they've been involved with and/or stand for and I do believe they've made questionable decisions in the past. I don't think I've ever been in agreement totally with any politician.

Most important in my voting decision is policies and what I think is best for the people of MY country...I do not think universal healthcare will work in this country, I do not think the time is now to pull out of Iraq, I do not believe a timeline in the current situation is one we need. I do not believe taxing those who make more (who already pay a much higher percent in taxes) should be penalized more because of their success. I do believe small busineess should be given an opportunity to grow, provide more jobs without having to raise their prices on their services due to being heavily taxed. In the long run that only hurts the consumer, which is me and my fellow Americans. I do not believe that those who pay absolutely no income tax should get a check every years. I could go on further, but will stop there. So policies are the most important to me...second is character and past voting, experience....character...sorry, McCain wins hands down there, even though he did cheat on his wife. Obama has entirely too many unanswered questions to satisy me and I think the only reason Americans are letting him get away with it is because of the stigma (shown repeatedly on this board as well)...that if you question Obama...you are a racist, fear mongering, etc...

I will be voting on Nov. 4th proudly for McCain/Palin. My decision gets justified more and more every day. I do think the outcome will be much closer than what the polls are saying. If Obama gets elected, I hope I can eat my words on him, but only time will tell. I certainly don't want to have to say "I told you so" because If I do, this country is a lost cause.

I find it funny that people are bringing up McCains infidelity on his first wife with his current wife Cindy.

No I dont personally agree BUT I guess you Dems (only say this cause that is who is pointing this out trying to get us to hate McCain) must have all thought it just fine and dandy that Bill Clinton did what he did with how many??Jennifer Flowers, Monica Lewinsky,are just 2 of them..

Hello-how much sexual scandal do you need while he was in office?? He LIED under oath!! Is that better?? So many Dems say they just LOVED Bill Clinton!! He was soooo great!! I can tell you this world changed for the worse after his many sexual scandals-since then- children do things but say they arent sexual relations cause their president said it right on TV in front of everyone-so these kids who are way to young to be doing what they are doing, now think well if he can get away with it , then so can I! Nothing happened to him, he got away with it, he was the President and should be above some things- I'm not saying he isnt human but I am human and dont do those kinds of things, and I'm not in the spotlight... How many times did he have to get caught with his pants down to STOP?? He was influencing so many but that didnt stop him-but he was such a swell guy and president!!
default_no.gif

Thats my opinion and No one is gonna change it... I have listened to kids and what they say since all his scandals and it HAS gotten worse.. But everyone will rashnalize (SP) it to death, cause they perceive it the way they want to..

I am voting McCain/Palin----Yeah--- I perceive him to be better than Obama in all the ways that count -IMO

If this is all TRUE then the ones we got about Obama are also all TRUE. You can't have it both ways. At least McCain talks abpout his disgressions whereas Obama tries to hide EVERYTHING. I mean, You all know it is none of our business. After all he is only trying to be able to run our country. WHY in the He** should we HAVE to know ANYTHING about Obama???????

least blameworthy of the five senators
yes it is and if you do a search you will see many opinions from other senators on this. Since you keep putting "opinions" and not "facts" about Obama and his links I only thought it was fair to do the same and say its absolutely true and because he knew these people than he is guilty no matter what people say
default_wacko.png
. I am employing the same tactics that are being used against Obama. I only thought it was fair to share and reciprocate the same ploy. :win

least blameworthy of the five senators
yes it is and if you do a search you will see many opinions from other senators on this. Since you keep putting "opinions" and not "facts" about Obama and his links I only thought it was fair to do the same and say its absolutely true and because he knew these people than he is guilty no matter what people say
default_wacko.png
. I am employing the same tactics that are being used against Obama. I only thought it was fair to share and reciprocate the same ploy. :win
Just really passing along the facts your yourself supplied which exonerate McCain regarding the Keating 5. There's a huge difference between sitting in a meeting room with someone vs.:

• 20 years with your butt in the pew of the church lead by an anti-American racist
  • Your political coming out party being hosted by a former Terrorist (in his living room), for whom you also wrote a book introduction and later pretended not to actually "know"... btw, this character has a book coming out soon entitled Race Course Against White Supremacy
  • Working for a group of thugs that was then and is now under federal investigation for committing voter fraud

So...now viral emails are fact?

Most of this email was truly yawn worthy and just skimmed it but it's funny how it states that Iraq is asking for a time table when the Iraqi Ambassador was just in SD (troops coming home
default_wub.png
) stating just the opposite. Saying how he knows the terrible sacrifices that we have made but pleading with us to "stay the course" because if we pull out in the near future their newly found D.e.m.o.c.r.a.c.y. would be fallen on by the predators in the region and be dragged back into the stone ages. He went on that most Iraqis are very happy with America and how civil rights have improved so much, even to the point that 1/4 of their politicians were women.

If I had the energy I would research and I'm sure find errors and faults but there is no reason to because you don't want to hear it and I'm already voting McCain so I might as well go to bed.
default_saludando.gif

***actually I did look up quite a few and some were intentional misquotes, or if taken at face value true, the greatest bulk of this I could only find on very pro-obama sites, many of which even stated as much**********

If you look at Fact Check you will see the truth about his voting record for vets and if you look at CNN it shows the story about the flag. (McCain never showed any support of it, it was flying above the statehouse in a town in SC. The choice to do so was purely done by the state, a state that McCain does not represent.)

Back