Remember Touch? Tiny filly not breathing at birth?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThreeCFarm

Reaction score
Just a recap on this little filly...she wasn't breathing for quite awhile after she was born, then we weren't sure if she'd have any issues due to oxygen deprivation, and she was slow to nurse...I'm happy to say she's a happy, healthy little girl!

I haven't measured Touch lately, but she was only 16.75" tall at birth, and she's still tiny, LOL. These pictures were taken last month:

TouchLittleHouse2June2010small.jpg

TouchLittleHouse3June2010small.jpg

And here's a cute one with my son, taken the same day:

ChrisandTouchJune2010small.jpg

Just for fun, this picture was taken several years ago, with Touch's dam, Isis:

Chris-IsisFrApr07300dpi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks great for having such a rough start. Cute picture of her and your son.

Stephanie, "Touch" is a lovely, lovely little filly! Her markings are so unusual.

And, of course, there are those wonderful pictures from Little House, which really capture the beauty of the moment. Thanks for posting, you've really got some outstanding horses!

P.S. - You know her dam is my favorite!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rose, you know I'll keep you updated on Isis! Maybe things will work out...

Thanks for looking at Touch, everyone. I have to say that with the way she started out, and her personality, she is a little character and we sure enjoy her. I really have a soft spot for Touch, I'll never forget seeing her laying there, not breathing despite my efforts, then finally I SAW her heart beating (not felt, I SAW it) just as I thought about giving up...I'm so glad I didn't.
default_wub.png

What an exquisite little filly! She's just beautiful and I'm glad to hear she's doing so well despite a rough start.
default_wub.png

It's great to see her doing so well and also the pictures with your son of Touch and also her dam are just adorable.

Thanks! She is such a character and LOVES people. My husband isn't really into horses, but he's home for a visit right now (Army) and Touch has totally won him over.
default_biggrin.png
He can't walk by her without stopping to visit.

Wonderful news
default_aktion033.gif
I'm so glad she's doing so well!!!
default_yes.gif

Liz R.

LOL miniwhinny, I just noticed you said she's droolable. I read your comment earlier and you know how your eyes just see what they "want" to see? I just assumed it said adorable, LOL!

She is really growing into a lovely little mare Stephanie! And Chris sure is growing up fast too!!!

Back