Remember to tune into MareStare today!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan to watch as much as possible! Heading to the barn now to do chores.

Does anybody know what the agenda/schedule is?

From AMHA's site:

The General Membership meeting is scheduled as Friday, February 22 from 1 PM to 5 PM EST, and Saturday, February 23, from 8 AM to 5 PM EST.
And links to the daily meeting schedules can be found here:

http://www.amha.org/index.asp?KeyName=210

I'm going to grab a quick lunch and settle in. I'm tempted to take notes. Thank you AMHA and marestare!
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=36pt]JUST A NOTE TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT WE MARESTARE IS BROADCASTING, BUT HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE LOCAL INTRANET SYSTEM. ITS NOT A MARSTARE PROBLEM, I PROMISE. WE ARE WORKING ON IT AS WE SPEAK.[/SIZE]

How cool I cant get the picture at work but I got sound woohoo

Im going to watch a bit of it before heading into work but i just wanted to say such a clear consistant quality feed of video
default_aktion033.gif

Is that Tony talking?

Leeana

I apologize for the feed on this. I have been told there were several power outages in this area last evening and it has damaged some of the internet and phone boxes. THey are working to fix it, but the line that was designated for AMHA keeps dropping, so we are forced to use the backup feed which is not as strong, therefore it may be choppy.

This is out of my hands and at this point, I'm just happy that it's staying up.....

We are on one of the biggest issues RIGHT NOW! The recommendation for closing the registry is up. Gosh if I was there I'd be driving everyone nuts with my fidgeting.

Me too, I think they if it closes that a foal could be hardhipped if they were out of A parents that did go over. I hope they add that at least.

It sounds like one of the proposals included a motion to allow hardshipping of weanlings and yearlings that were of a certain height prior to the closing of the registry. Very heated.

It past'd does that now make the amha a breed?? In 2013

It's a very very big step toward becoming a breed, as one of the gentlemen present said. For those that have not been able to watch, the final vote was:

29 No

62 Yes

THIS IS HUGE, they just completely changed the direction of the breed...

This passed with the most razor-thin margin, ONE VOTE.

$57,000 hardship revenue in 2007...

I must say it didn't go the way I would have wanted it to, but it was a fascinating process. Absolutely riveting. And makes me feel sad that I couldn't afford to be there in person.

The registry lost some revenue in hardships, but as a breeder it just helped me. Now, if someone wants a registered miniature horse they have to come to a breeder. The "brokers" can't sell unregistered ponies and tell people to just buy the papers through hardship if they want a mini. Thank you for supporting the breeders, AMHA!

Clarification for those not able to be listening, you need a 2/3 majority vote to change a by-law. There were 91 votes cast, therefore the number needed to pass in this case was exactly 62. Which is the number who voted yes.

Wow- did they just pass that we're now measuring by the withers? I just stepped in, so wasn't sure if I heard correctly!

Back