Remember to tune into MareStare today!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_new_shocked.gif

So, when will the hardship rule take effect? AMHR reg horses will no longer be able to be reg if the are under 34' at 5 years?

Let me get this straight - as of 2013 no horse will be hardshipped into AMHA if they have one parent that is AMHR? I am wondering if this was thought all the way through. Basically AMHA is saying no more double registered horses for them.

Also they are just going to pull papers on a horse if they measure over 34" - but are not given the chance to check their feet to see if they are trimmed properly? I think this is wrong. They should be able to give the owner a chance to correct if the horse is long in the hoof.

Last edited by a moderator:
In 2013 all AMHA horses must have two AMHA parents. If the two parents are double registered, you could register the offspring with two registries.

If you measure over 34" at the show you still have all the options as listed in the rulebook - you don't have to take the first one as the one and only.

Clearer?

I don't have a recent rule book - what are your options, in R we have the opportunity to find someone to trim our horse if needed and then come back. The third measurement is final - so after the second we have that option.

In 2013 the registry is closed to non AMHA parented horses.

Jan 1, 2009 the base of the withers(notch) is affective.

Talk centered on pulling papers of non-complaince horses but was not completed. Comments included; unless AMHA gets stricter on enforcement of pulling papers the legal system will not support only selective enforcement. Further discussions will be taken to committees.

94 people watched on the internet the annual meeting today(Friday) & it has now adjourned for awards dinner.
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

Just an FYI, Tony and John are not here for the meeting.

Latest posts

Back