Question about taking an AMHR permanent

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chandab

Reaction score
My mare turns three this month, so I need to send her for her permanent papers. Do I have to have an official measurement of her height? Or, do I just measure with my mini measure stick on level ground and send in the information? [Does an AMHR steward or someone need to witness the measurement?]

Thanks.

Chandra,

No, you don't need an "official" to measure. They accept your measurement from home.

MA

Good questions. I'd like to know too. Also do you have to be a current member to go perm and also to register foals?

Lee

Chandra,

No, you don't need an "official" to measure. They accept your measurement from home.

MA

Thank you. That's very good to know. She's around 35-36", so it's not like she's going to be right on the edge or anything. [unfortunately, she will measure a little tall; we've been dealing with founder and her hooves not quite back to normal yet. My wonderful farrier is getting her there, but it's a slow process.]

You do have to be a current member for all registry work - the one exception is a transfer - there the BUYER OR THE SELLER is required to be a current member.

Latest posts

Back