PtHA 2006 World Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back before they rebuilt the Expo we went every year and really enjoyed it. I've got 6 belt buckles to prove it. Back then it was paired with an AMHA show sponsored by the Oklahoma club. Two shows, two different sets of judges and friendly organizers. No bashing here; the Pinto horse folks were always friendly and tolerent but you knew it was their show (after all, we have our own show). All in all however it was lots of fun and many of our friends went.

At the same time the new construction put a damper on things, they split with the Oklahoma club. When the mini classes returned to the show, there were only a few and no AMHA show. I just couldn't justify the 11 hour drive, fees and accomodations for a couple of classes.

I would love to go to Pinto Worlds again but not for 1 or 2 classes.

default_smile.png

I CALLED THE PINTO OFFICE AND GOT THESE FIGURES SO I MADE A CHART THAT I THINK IS PRETTY CLOSE.

PINTO SHOWING 3 HORSES IN 1 CLASS EACH.

STALL FEES TOTAL 495.00 (165 EA.)

OFFICE FEES TOTAL 150.00 (50.00 EA)

1 CLASS FOR EACH HORSE TOTAL 210.00

GRAND TOTAL OF 855.00
Bob, I believe you just do halter, and not performance, correct? As Becky said, you can get a day stall (9 pm one day to 9 pm the next day) for only $50. So, that would reduce the cost by $345, making your stall fees only $150 for three horses.

I have already contacted PtHA with my concerns. We had planned to go to the World Show ourselves for the first time this year, but we won't attend if the classes aren't divided into Jr and Sr.

As Charlotte said, the PtHA shows are a great way to introduce minis to big horse people. In fact, I know a mini gelding that was sold to someone with APHA horses that shows PtHA, so the mini could attend the same shows as the big horse. I also sold a horse to a PtHA show home.

"You" may not see the PtHA World Show as being equal to the A and R World Shows, but not everyone shows there. Why knock another avenue for minis to be shown and enjoyed by others?

GREAT NEWS!!! Here's an email I just received from PtHA!

Thank you for your input about our World Show schedule. We are in the

process of changing the Mini classes by splitting the halter classes by

sex, as well as by Jr and Sr. We are also splitting the color classes

by sex. I hope this will enable you to enter the classes you need to

enter. The schedule will be updated on the web as soon as we can get

it all changed.

Again, thank you for your input.

Kim Hall

PtHA Administrative Assistant

Pinto Horse Association of America

7330 NW 23rd St

Bethany, OK 73008

405-491-0111 ext. 216

405-787-0773 fax

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they happen to mention anything about the Pony classes? The all ages doesn't bother me as much as possibly missing a class I have a really good chance of bring home a buckle in.

Carin, that is the entire email. Did you contact them with your concerns? That is why she emailed me, because she knew I had "issues" with the way it was originally planned.

As for the all ages thing, the trouble with that was that it seriously reduced the number of horses one person could exhibit.

All I can say is, :aktion033: :aktion033: to the PtHA for their prompt response to their members' concerns!! I had replies to my emails within 30 minutes of sending them! I wasn't even communicating with Kim (I was talking to Lynette), but she took the time to update me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The day fee stall does not help me- Lyn goes for the most of (or the whole) show, so my horse would be there the entire time.

It also does not help people like Al or anyone who has to haul any distance and can't realistically ship in/ship out, or has classes spread out over more then 18 hour span of time the day stall gives you. The Miniature classes I would show in are on 3 different days.

It's an alternative, but not a tremdously viable one unless you're very local and/or your class schedual has all your classes clustered within that limited time.

I'm not knocking PtHA- I'm only voicing MY reasons why I will not be attending, which is primarly the cost issue. I'm sure I'm not the only one eyeballing the costs and making descions based on what I see. I'm not the only one in that boat. I can either do PtHA Worlds OR do AMHA Worlds & AMHR Nationals... it's a pretty easy call, that's all.

when i see horses with PTHA championships it means something to me!! I remember going to Lisa Davis's house and seeing all the belt buckles and trophies. Pretty impressive. I think its great that they responded so quickly.

Okay so now who to cross regsiter LOL. ughhh decisions decisions

Becky do frame overos show well?? YOu know in our registry shows they dont
default_sad.png
But Im thinking a pinto show may be the place for my Moonlight bay!

Becky do frame overos show well??
Kay, I think you've already answered that question! You've seen what Lisa's horses have won! :bgrin

Kudos to PtHA for answering and responding to the needs of it's members so quickly! :aktion033: I'm now looking forward to the 2006 PtHA World Championship Show!

Those of you that have any questions or concerns about the classes, please contact PtHA. They have been most helpful and are right on top of the situation.

Al, we are trying very hard to get PtHA to have another AMHA show in conjunction with their World show. It won't happen this year, but perhaps next??

I have to say, I really enjoy showing Pinto locally. The Pinto Assoc is really good about addressing the needs of their members. It is one of the few shows that will add classes at the show if there are numbers to support it. So Kudos for that. My problem is the for me the Pinto World is a big trip...4 days there and back, and if there aren't enough classes to justify the expense I won't be going. Sounds like they're already making some changes sooooooo maybe it will be on the agenda this year.

so if you show in halter is it judged by the mini standard?? Are they still measured at the show??

Yes, they still measure at Pinto World. I've never been measured or seen anyone measured at a local show.

Back