PtHA 2006 World Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beaminewbie

Reaction score
Am I seeing things or actually "not seeing things?"
default_wacko.png
:

I don't know what happened to my post, but here it is! I started this topic.

It has just come to my attention that many of the miniature classes are being combined! As far as the A division goes, the halter classes are Stallions all ages, Geldings all ages and Mares all ages. Also, there is only ONE color class for mares, stallions and geldings!!! I know I am not happy about it and if the schedule stays this way, I may have to reconsider attending.

I did email PtHA this morning and my email is being forwarded to the show committee. Apparantly, the schedule isn't set in stone yet.

If you have any plans to attend, please contact PtHA and let them know that combining these classes just isn't going to work! Hopefully, we can get them to reconsider their current schedule!

Last edited by a moderator:
why does everythign change right when i want to get in LOL. we were seriously considering doing PTHA shows this year and this morning I was going over which horses to cross register into the PTHA. Im glad you told me as I wont bother sending in their registrations.

I was going to start PtHA shows this year also as there are monthly ones ah hour from us---this may change my mind for sure! jennifer :saludando:

i talk with Darryl Bilke quite often and he has ask me what would make more people show at the world show.

i have told him many times that we think if they would lower the costs to show in that show more poeple would come. as it is, it's mostly trainers that show there with the mini's. his response is : we can't lower the cost for the mini's as it creates problems with the other breeds, they want their cost lowered also and if we can't make any money with it, then we won't have it. i know we don't go to that show as it is just too expensive for us and i've told him so many times.

Please, please, please, if you have any thoughts about showing at the PtHA World Show, contact them and voice your concerns!!! I believe it's entirely possible they will change this tentative schedule if enough miniature owners contact them. Here is the contact information:

Staff Contacts

Office (405) 491-0111

ADMINISTRATION

EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT/CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER

Darrell L. Bilke ext. 216

ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT

Kim Hall ext. 216

OFFICE MANAGER Bldg Operations/Human Resources

Dorothy Fread ext. 225

COMMUNICATIONS & PUBLICATIONS

Terri Folks ext. 219

ACCOUNTING

Accounts Receivable

Bonnie Billotte ext. 209

Accounts Payable

Dorothy Fread ext. 225

BUILDING

Building Fund, Meeting Room Rental

Dorothy Fread ext. 210

INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY

Director IT

Fred Kinder, Jr. ext. 218

IT Dept.

Tim Short ext. 221

Website/Marketing

Terri Folks ext. 219

JUDGES

Judges/CBC

Kim Hall ext. 216

MAGAZINE

Magazine articles

Terri Folks Editor ext. 219

Advertising Sales Representative

Sherry Protus ext. 227

Magazine Subscription, Purchase Individual Issues

Holly Wodke ext. 200

Marketing/Trade Show

Meriruth Cohenour ext. 208

MEMBER SERVICES

Membership, Form Requests

Holly Wodke ext. 200

PERFORMANCE DEPARTMENT

Shows, On-The-Trail, Open Competitive Amateur Performance

Mindy Gerten ext. 222

Points, World Show & Futurity

Lynette Rushin ext. 220

Youth & Amateur

QUEEN CONTEST

Queen Liaison

Lynette Rushin ext. 220

REGISTRATION DEPARTMENT

Leases/Transfers

Debbie Weir ext. 212

Registration

Andrea Priest ext. 214

Registration/Sector Director Registration

Mindy Sark ext. 215

SPECIAL EVENTS

Convention/Fall Workshop

World Show Stalling

Kim Hall ext. 216

World Show Entries/International Futurity & Breeders Cup Futurity Entries

Lynette Rushin ext. 220

EMAIL ADDRESSES

Bonnie Billotte [email protected]

Meriruth Cohenour [email protected]

Terri Folks [email protected]

Dorothy Fread [email protected]

Mindy Gerten [email protected]

Kim Hall [email protected]

Fred Kinder [email protected]

Andrea Priest [email protected]

Sherry Protus [email protected]

Lynette Rushin [email protected]

Mindy Sark [email protected]

Debbie Weir [email protected]

Holly Woidke [email protected]

[PtHA HOME]

Pinto Horse Association of America, Inc.

7330 NW 23rd Street

Bethany, OK 73008

(405) 491-0111 - voice

(405) 787-0773 - fax

Good Grief Bob! What's too expensive????? It's WAY cheaper than AMHR Nationals or AMHA World! You only have to be there one or 2 days! Actually we are only there one night. And for a chance to go [SIZE=18pt]World Top Ten[/SIZE]??????

It's a great show! IMO

Charlotte

I've personally found the cost to not be near as pricey as attending the AMHR National Show or the AMHA World Show. The miniature division usually only runs 2-3 days at the most. I have in the past moved in one day, shown the next morning, and moved out.

It has been well worth showing there for both myself and my clients. The World Champion belt buckles are gorgeous as well as the plaques and ribbons they hand out.

Here are two of my previous PtHA World Show winners. This is Modern Snippets Sugar Daddy, 2003 PtHA Miniature Champion of Champions. Owned by Ralph and Christina Faulkner. Shown by Redrock.

11-03SugarDaddy.jpg

This is Redrock I Am Awesome, 2004 PtHA World Show Champion Miniature Color Stallions/Geldings.

99aa5507.jpg

Was it worth it to me and my clients? You bet!!

CHAROLTTE COMPARE THESE PRICES AND THEN TELL ME IT'S WAY CHEAPER AT PINTO! I DON'T THINK SO

THAT'S THE REASON THERE IS VERY FEW MINI'S AT PINTO WORLD SHOW. I WOULD RATHER GET A BUCKLE OR PLAQUE AT THE AMHA/AMHR WORLD SHOW WHERE THERE IS GOOD COMPETITION AND NOT JUST 2-5 HORSES IN THE CLASS!!! SORRY, BUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THE PRICES WE WON'T BE THERE.

IT USED TO BE A GOOD SHOW WHEN THEY LET AN AMHA CLUB PUT IT ON, THE PRICES WERE THE SAME AS ANY SHOW AND THEY HAD GOOD COMPETITION, BUT NOT LATELY.

STALL FEES ARE 165.00 EA.

OFFICE FEES ARE 50.00 PER HORSE PINTO WORLD SHOW

ENTRIES ARE 70.00 EACH CLASS.

AMHR STALLS ARE 50.00

OFFICE FEES 5.00

ENTRY FEES 45.00 CLASS

AHMA STALLS ARE 90.00 EA

10.00 DRUG FEE

CLASSES 45.00 EA FOR OPEN

25.00 FOR AMATEUR.

My issue with the schedule is the pony classes (and this may be an issue with the minis as well!). I plan on showing color, hunter mare, trail in hand, and jumping. Well, on one day, my color and halter class is one arena and my trail class is in another in the same morning!! So what if the classes don't run right and I have to choose between a halter class or my trail class? Guess I'll loose money on one of them.

We attended last year with four horses and came home with two world champions and three reserve world champions in addition to 26 other top fives and top ten placings. We had a wonderful time and LOVE the WORLD CHAMPION buckles we received, however, we were not happy last year with the number of mini classes that were already combined with PONIES (some 14.2H) and the limited number of actual youth classes. We felt they needed more youth classes and needed to separate the minis and ponies more. Our 7 year old was in a driving class with one of our minis and there were several LARGE ponies and though he did just fine, I was worried about him and something happening. He did get cut off a couple of times and driven into a corner by an 18 year old driving one of the big ponies but he handled himself just fine.

ALso, we spent WAY more to attend that show than we did to attend AMHR Nationals. If you live in OK it is easy to show up for a couple of days and go home but traveling long distances is more work. Also, stalls were $150 each and the "admin/office fee" was I think $100 AND THEN when you finally start registering for classes, it was $65 a class. Those fees are all a lot more than AMHR charges and I've been told fees are going up this year.

Yes we had a great time and yes it is great to win a World Champion title but we will not be attending this year if classes are combined like this. We spent several thousand to go by the time we added up all of our expenses and if they are doing this because they are not making "enough money" then they need to think about all the mini people that WON'T be attending and the money they will lose BECAUSE of the rule changes.

I CALLED THE PINTO OFFICE AND GOT THESE FIGURES SO I MADE A CHART THAT I THINK IS PRETTY CLOSE.

PINTO SHOWING 3 HORSES IN 1 CLASS EACH.

STALL FEES TOTAL 495.00 (165 EA.)

OFFICE FEES TOTAL 150.00 (50.00 EA)

1 CLASS FOR EACH HORSE TOTAL 210.00

GRAND TOTAL OF 855.00

AMHR

STALL FEES 150.00

CLASS FEE 15.00

SHOW FEE 135.00

TOTAL 300.00

AMHA

STALL FEES 270.00

DRUG FEE 30.00

SHOW FEE 135.00

TOTAL 435.00

To attend the PtHA World Show, you DO NOT have to get the Regular stalls at $165 each unless you plan to stay for the week. They have other options. The Days stalls are $50 per day and PtHA also offers a Grounds fee of $40 if you choose to not stall. We have always just stalled in the day stalls at the price of $50. Again, it has been well worth it!

Sanny, please contact PtHA and voice your concerns! If enough of us contact them, they may well change their schedule and classes to be more accomodating to miniatures. It's going to take all of us to make this happen!

Last year I did consider sending Catch Me to Pinto- it's only 4 hours away, Lyn was already taking a few other horses ect. Heard it was a GREAT show with pretty prizes and good competition and a different atmosphere.

When I saw the costs, I said "no" As Bob pointed out, it's nearly double to show at Pinto as R or even A. I mainly take issue with how high the costs are- same facility as R Nationals or AMHA Centrals, but much higher costs. I'm SURE PtHA not only has a multi-year contract for the facility but also has more sponsers/vendors present to defray their real costs, and yet I end up paying nearly double for stalls and classes?

And to be very blunt (and I am NOT trying to poo-poo anyone or what-not, I'm just shooting from the hip) but no one really seems to care what a Mini does at Pinto Worlds. It's another line item in a great show career and I'm sure it's a great experience, but it does not have same seem to have nearly the credibility as winning something at A/R Nationals/Worlds. When you're operating on a very limited budget like me, it's just not worth trading a major AMHR or AMHA show.

I'm so glad you posted this! I was planning on going to Pinto World this year for the first time; I was looking at the prelim schedule and was appalled that there were actually less classes than at our regular Pinto shows. I also couldn't help noticing that there were scheduling conflicts....if you drive there's a chance you'll have obstacle driving in one arena and pleasure in another on the same day and possibly time. I was told by other mini owners at my local Pinto shows that the World show doesn't treat the mini people very well...sounds like they're right! By the way, should we decide to go...which barn is the best to request for stalling?

Yes, mini entries have been down the past few years, but there have been WAY more than 2-4 horses in the classes we have been in. When Cowboy went Top Ten (4th I think) there were 24 in his class. When Bright went World Champion there were over 30 in her class, Buttons got her two top tens in classes of 13 & ......I can't remember but a full class.

And those awards are awsome! Gorgeous ribbons and $250 belt buckles and great statues!

I have a question.....You talk about the market for miniature horses being depressed and about not being able to sell..........why are you talking so negatively about a wonderful venue for promotion and sales of miniature horses? What is your marketing strategy here? Every year miniature horses sell at PtHA World and get some new people involved in the breed.

The PtHA staff is wonderful, friendly and helpful. The big horse exhibitors get such a kick out of the little ones and are more than friendly and helpful. I don't understand all of this negative talk.

Charlotte

And to be very blunt (and I am NOT trying to poo-poo anyone or what-not, I'm just shooting from the hip) but no one really seems to care what a Mini does at Pinto Worlds. It's another line item in a great show career and I'm sure it's a great experience, but it does not have same seem to have nearly the credibility as winning something at A/R Nationals/Worlds. When you're operating on a very limited budget like me, it's just not worth trading a major AMHR or AMHA show.
I couldnt have said it better your feelings are exactly like mine on this.

It is unfortunate that this has turned into a PtHA bashing post. That was not my intention at all.

I guess for those that belittle the PtHA World Show wins, I will continue to cry all the way to the bank with my World Champion sales! :aktion033:

Becky I wasnt bashing anything just simply saying that on limited funds and having to choose one big show a year for me I think AMHR works better, they have PthA shows here locally but to much here to join for a show or so a year so I opted not to. If it were cheaper i would do it locally

Latest posts

Back