Price of cart training

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kawgirl

Reaction score
I usually train my own horses to drive, but lately I've had too much going on to train my new gelding. I'm thinking about sending him to a trainer, he will be used mostly for trail driving and a little showing, mostly obstacle driving. Later I hope to do ADS shows. What should I expect to pay for training? Any good trainers in my area?

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know anyone in your area sorry..

My girlfriend charges $350 and then board if she needs to board them at an indoor facility due to weather.

I don't know trainers in your area but I do know of someone in southern Pennsylvania, but maybe that's too far.

Up this way many people have the Amish train their horses and as well, there are a few private trainers at around 400.00 to 500.00 a month, I have heard.

I know the Amish charge 100.00 for a month of training, then you have a very green horse that needs daily work to finish them off..

The amish a few hours away from me charge different prices. One, who is starting out in the buisness charges between 200 and 300 a month with board. Now, a well established trainer that trains for Chicago carriage companies charges 640 a month for training a board, but when they come back to you they are not green but are finished out and up for anything.

Latest posts

Back