Pregnant Rescue Mare????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still the same Ryan, were working with her though. Still waiting, hoping its not this weekend, its going to be super cold. Her udders have not filled yet, and she is still lopsided and bulging out the sides. I think we still have time.

Fingers crossed she holds off for you. From what your saying , you have a little time. Keep watching for the changes in her :)

Have you had your baby yet Denise?
Yes, she was born late on the 27th. Unfortunately, she was born dead and we don't know why except that the cord was tangled right around the back legs . She was beautiful and I am devastated. She was our first birth since owning mini's and I was so excited. She had delivered before. This beautiful baby was gray and white. I know this was a very rare occurrence. I have another one due June 3rd and will be a mini mule.

Yes, she was born late on the 27th. Unfortunately, she was born dead and we don't know why except that the cord was tangled right around the back legs . She was beautiful and I am devastated. She was our first birth since owning mini's and I was so excited. She had delivered before. This beautiful baby was gray and white. I know this was a very rare occurrence. I have another one due June 3rd and will be a mini mule.
*tight around back legs.

Oh Denise! I am so sorry! This news has brought me to tears, it must be devastating for you! The cord may have twisted in utero or during the birth cutting off the air supply. I'll be praying for comfort and peace through this.

Oh Denise! I am so sorry! This news has brought me to tears, it must be devastating for you! The cord may have twisted in utero or during the birth cutting off the air supply. I'll be praying for comfort and peace through this.
Thank you. I've been crying ever since. It'll get better.

I've only had the one foal, also stillborn for no apparent reason. My mare was not a bit bothered though.. she rested a couple of days and then was very happy to be out and about not pregnant.

The year got worse with my daughter's illness but we got through... if you never tried anything you wouldn't suffer but life would be pretty dull eh??

I've only had the one foal, also stillborn for no apparent reason. My mare was not a bit bothered though.. she rested a couple of days and then was very happy to be out and about not pregnant.

The year got worse with my daughter's illness but we got through... if you never tried anything you wouldn't suffer but life would be pretty dull eh??
I am so sorry to hear this Fiona! Yes, life would be dull but I still don't want to go through that again. So sorry about your daughter's illness.

Still waiting! She is progressing though, waxing and bagging up and collecting fluid on her abdomen

Attachments

• A97CB022-268A-45BE-A294-2C56418DB25C.jpeg
    A97CB022-268A-45BE-A294-2C56418DB25C.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 7
  • DA31872C-05BD-498C-B419-058EF34AD795.jpeg
    DA31872C-05BD-498C-B419-058EF34AD795.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 275E1BA8-D2FD-4BE7-9C16-78CB324EA78F.jpeg
    275E1BA8-D2FD-4BE7-9C16-78CB324EA78F.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back