Prayers & Good Thoughts needed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbie

Reaction score
[SIZE=10pt]Hi all-[/SIZE]

Once again I come to this forum to ask for your prayers and good thoughts tomorrow as my newest grandson under goes heart surgery for aortic stenosis. Noah David was born last Wednesday. We've known for quite a while that he has heart problems. This is really scary - to think of this little 7 lb baby going into surgery. He'll have to have a more complicated surgery between the age of 1 and 2.

He is a real doll, looks like a grownup. Erin had a c-section so he didn't have any head trauma. I'll post pictures once he is free of wires and tubes. All we could do was rub his little forehead as he can't be picked up accept for feeding. His respiration is very irregular.

The power of this forum helped bring my 4-legged Dawn through her ordeal - now I need it for my Noah. Thanks in advance - I'll try to update tomorrow. His mom and dad are really nervous.

Barbie

Update: Noah had his surgery - came through it like a champ. If there are no complications, he should be home in a week. Thanks so much for all the prayers and good thoughts. We are certainly relieved to have this behind us.

Friday update: After surgery on Tuesday he ended up with a breathing tube Wednesday morning. They removed that yesterday afternoon. As of an hour ago he seems to be doing well. He's pretty much off pain meds and was able to have some of mommy's milk this afternoon. Erin is hopeful that they will remove the drainage tube tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too much longer until he is home. Thanks so much for the prayers and good thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
default_pray.gif
Sending prayers for little Noah and (((HUGS))) for all of you.

Definitely sending prayers for little Noah David! (I love his name!) My youngest daughter, Madalyn, has survived three open heart surgeries - at 2 weeks old, 5 months old and 3 years old. She is now a thriving almost 8 year old! It's a scary time, but we will be praying that all goes well!

Hugs,

Barbara

I'm thinking maybe we should start a support group for Grandparents and parents of children with heart defects, because we are all about to be experts, and it stinks!

I too understand your fears. As parents we are first hands on and take care of the situation,,,as grandparents, we worry more because the "taking care" of part lies with someone else. Riley and Blake could be the poster children for how the power of prayer and this forum DO work, especialy Riley.

We will for sure keep Noah and your family in our prayers. Riley and Blake I am sure will as well. Will also include the doctors who will be making him better for his day to go home. Let us know, and if you need some info, Barbara is the best!

he is in our thoughts and prayers, as will the family be. keep the faith.

the killions

Thanks all!!! He is at All Children's Hospital in St Pete - an absolutely wonderful hospital. Will just be so glad when tomorrow is over. Want to see him without all those tubes and wires and hold him in my arms. Carolyn, I have thought of little Riley and Blake a lot in the past several weeks as I knew we were going to be facing heart problems too. I knew little Madalyn had been through it too. I think we do need a support group. These little ones sure don't deserve this.

Hoping to have a great update after lunch tomorrow.

Barbie

Prayers for your precious bundle of joy from God. I know that GOD will hold him in his loving arms during the surgery and he will also guide the hands of the surgeons and assistance to be sure he has the best of care. Prayers for his parents to get through the anxious moments while he is in the care of the surgical team to give them peace and assurance that their precious son is in capable hands and to you so you can help his parents.

Please let us know how this precious bundle does.

I'll be praying for baby Noah too! I'll look forward to seeing pictures of your precious grandson.
default_wub.png

Hey Barbie

we are sending extra prayers to FL. If there is any thing we can do please call on us. sending you some extra big hugs from me Robby and Hunter

we love you we will keep you in our thoughts today. please keep us posted.

diane robby and hunter

Thanks all!!! Hoping to have a really good update this afternoon.

Barbie

Keeping baby Noah in my thoughts and prayers.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and baby Noah. We're looking forward to a very happy update!

Latest posts

Back