Possibly moving...need to convince boyfriend or find cash!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wow!!!!!!!!

Your new place could not be any cuter!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My hunch is that Joe will decide to come along, but regardless, that is a sweet little place you got!
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

Oh boy Girl you lucked out. :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Just think you will be too busy to notice he is not there. If your lifes are suppose to be, it will.

Never know what is around the corner, one door closes another will open.

Your too young to worry about setteling down right now. Go have some fun.
default_wink.png
:

You bet we will always be here for you
default_cheekkiss.gif
: True friends never leave.

What a wonderful place to live. Now go an make yourselve a home and settle down with your mini or minis?
default_wink.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
You got truly wonderful people responding to your post with heartwarming advice. I think you have made the right decision also and your new place is so charming. It looks so cozy. You and your horse will love it I'll bet. I know I would.

I just hope you checked the new place for mold. My guess is the mold was in the old place when you moved in, and you disregarded it. Don't make that mistake again, or you'll be too sick to worry about a boyfriend.

Also, there are two kinds of health -- physical and emotional. Just from the little you have said, you appear to be in an emotionally unhealthy relationship. Those kind of relationships cause stress, which could lead to damage to your physical health.

I'm a nobody to you, so you sure don't have to listen to me. But my guess is, you've had friends and relatives tell you a relationship with your boyfriend is never going to be sunshine and lollipops.

By the way, does your boyfriend wear a baseball hat all the time that's pulled down to hide the L on his forehead? Just curious.

By the way, does your boyfriend wear a baseball hat all the time that's pulled down to hide the L on his forehead? Just curious.
Ok between things like this and the cheer quotes... I know we would be GREAT friends!

That is a GREAT new place. Congrats on the home and property and best wishes for happiness there, it sounds like you have a good start by losing the "baggage" as you go.

Must get pics when you get all moved in w/your four leggers!

Liz M.

Congratulations! That place is wonderful -- exactly my kind of house and property. The only way it could be better is if it had fencing and little horses frolicing about!

Hon, this is a good place to move! It screams settled and calm. Go for it. I stayed with a man for 25 yrs thinking he'd come around, sweetie, he never has and never will, build your own life for you....someone worthy of you will come along and treasure you and the things that bring you pleasure and happiness. We tread this earth by the grace of God and should live it well.

Boy, lots to reply to!

First I just have to vent a little...I told my dad about this and as usual, he looks at everything from a financial view before anything else and the first comment out of his mouth was that I was going to financially flop and end up in dept up to my ears. He doesn't believe I can make it on my own...I now have a real motive to get my butt out there...I can't believe I have so much support from all of you, and from my mom and sisters but none at all from my dad *sigh* he wants me to "forget about miniatures right now, go move into a tiny apartment and save money" which sure, it would in the FAR future lead to finally owning a place of my own, but...I need the healing touch of a mini in my life right now. Plus, I can't ask my friend to hold on to my little colt for long, she's willing to hold him while I move but even that is far more than I could have ever asked of her. I just don't understand why he doesn't understand that this is my chance to be where I really want to be right now in my life.

Ok now...

Yaddax - YES he wears baseball caps 24/7...literally...should have figured there was a letter under his cap for me...I did ask the landlord if the place had mold, and I looked ALL over the place and sniffed every room and the place checks out clean! And yes, you're right about being emotionally unhealthy...i've actually brought that up with my boyfriend many times that he is "emotionally abusive" toward me and he goes off on a rampage of how he isn't...

Thank you everyone for your compliments on the place! It isn't huge, but for just me I think it's perfect...and a roomate if I can find one...and, I have a huge bay window in the front where I plan to set up my pasture and stare out there, or be out there, all day long =)

I am hoping to start moving the 2nd or 3rd week of November, and be all moved in by December 1st! Everyone wish me luck! I could really us CASH right now so if anyone needs anything from around a house...cabinet...lamps..dresser...files...please let me know! iPod...lol...

Congrats!!!! The place is gorgeous...looks like a little cozy cabin.

Don't let your Dad get you down, now you have to show him that you CAN do it and I'm sure you can! As for your boyfriend, I won't comment much except remember emotional and verbal abuse is just as bad as physical, it is no situation to be in.

As far as financially - try to find a roomate to help out..one who loves horses! When you are setting up fence etc...don't get yourself in a whole using credit cards, try to pay cash. Look for used inexpensive fencing. Try to find used T-posts for fencing, etc...

You can do it!!!

Wow that looks like something I would love to have. However little ol me is scared to death to be out in the country alone. Most days it takes all I got to be alone in town in a town house conected to 3 others.

Good luck! I agree, if it were me personally I would ditch the bf, he dont sound like much good.

Also when you going to share this colt?

Honestly, don't let your Dad get to you. My mother is a wondeful woman, and I love her to pieces... but she has a tendency to look at anything I want to do and nay say it or put it in a negative light- unless it's what SHE wants me to do.

You're doing yourself good here!

I'm with the others --

Get a roommate to help pay for the place -- not your "boyfriend". I'd think he won't be such a loss, more like a huge headache to get rid of -- doesn't sound like you two are compatible anyway, just hanging around together. Trust me, if there is no concern about your feelings there is no love there....even a discussion about your feelings of moving, etc., would help. Even if ONLY due to the mold, etc., he should talk about a move, even if he says he will only stay in town, etc. Geeesh, NO opinion?

Keep credit cards put away as much as possible, to avoid extra expenses and a bind on paying rents, extra gasoline, horse needs, etc.

Get AWAY from that mold, now!!!!

PLUS:

Speaking of mold and the house you are leaving
default_rolleyes.gif
: As mentioned before...take pictures, keep records of all discussions with the owner about the mold, treatment needed, what he did/did not do, etc.

Get the name of the inspector who looked at it. Report it to the Health Department. Check into the landlord/tenant laws in your area. Where I am, if this was reported and NOT corrected fully within 30 days, you could easily get out of any lease, move without penalty, etc. Do you have a lease there? are you and your boyfriend both signors? If so, and he does NOT move, you could be held responsible for the entire rent (almost all leases are "jointly and severally" documents).....so, if he isn't leaving and your lease says you can move without penalty with a 30 day notice, and you BOTH haven't signed the notice --- well, you need to address this responsibility. Could get ugly with the landlord, etc. Just cover your uh...."bases".

I hope everything works well and smoothly. Hey, run an ad for a roommate!!! Maybe one who can also carpool. :lol:

I only just read this topic, but I'm glad you decided to leave that unhealthy house. Good luck with the move and your new home!
default_smile.png

I have just finished reading through all the pages of responses you received and want to extend my sincere CONGRATULATIONS :aktion033: ON MAKING WONDERFUL DECISIONS!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Best of luck to you in your adorable new home!

Thanks again everyone, your continued support is continuing to help me through this =) I talked with my boyfriend one more time tonight and before I left he said to me "you know this whole thing is going to go down the drain, right?" and I asked him "what whole thing?" and he said "us" then he commented on how he is probably going to get a small apartment in town somewhere....that says more than a mouthful to me. I wish I was good at putting these thoughts into words.

Well, I am very nervous to be out in the country by myself, i'm trying to convince my best girlfriend to move out with me and maybe i'll get her out there...I hope so! I don't know though, she too likes to have friends and be at the bars...she said she wants to get together with me tomorrow to talk about it...I hope we come to a conclusion and I am really praying she will come out, if even for a few months to keep me company until I am on my toes. She lives with her parents and could always go back if things don't work. *crosses fingers*

Our current home is on month to month so no biggy if I can send in a 30 day notice on Monday and a phone call to let them know of the written notice they will be receiving.

I am not sure yet if I am scared, or what...but I keep getting waves of panic of "what if's" and I do calm down after re-assuring myself but I think I am still worried about living by myself. *sigh*...but then, I like living in seclusion...i'm one of those weird young kids that doesn't like the bars, that would rather sit home watching a movie with no one there to bug me lol...it's still nice to know there's another body in the house though other than the 4 legged or 2 wing-ed type =)

Well anyhoo, I am going to be looking for some cattle panels...the square grid kind, 4' tall by 16'...if anyone in or near WI has any extra's they don't want anymore, i'd love to hear from you! I have TONS of T posts but only 4 panels and that wont get me far for fencing...!! lol...I suppose if I can at least get the T posts in before the ground freezes I can worry about the fencing later!

Well again...thank you everyone for all your kind help and support...I have yet to break down and really cry over this, I think it'll happen soon but you all are keeping me strong =)

I know it's unsettling, but you WILL do just fine and you will look back and wonder what the big deal was. Remember if it doesn't work out quite as you hoped, it will still be a very positive thing to have undertaken and a learning experience (plus getting rid of the big "baby" is a bonus and getting out of that cesspool/moldpit!)

Liz

Cattle panels are great, but alittle pricey. I use 4ft welded wire 1x2 squares no climb goat fence. I did need to put a string of electric inside it to keep them from scratching their bums on it and making it sag. The welded wire is very inexpensive though and even with the cost of the string of electric was way less than the cattle panels. Nice plus with the panels though....they are easier to remove and reuse.

this link only shows the 3ft, but I know they have the 4ft too

TSC

As far as being out in the country...I feel safer out in the boonies than in town! The boyfriend....don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks yet again, everyone is so helpful here! I am beginning to wonder if I will make it out there, I mean I know I will when December rolls around but I recently borrowed $600 from my dad and promised him $100 back a week until paid off...so November I am going to be at least $400 short and I just don't know if i'll make it...even if I do, i'll have to put at least $300 on my credit cards to make up for where I fell short for November, i'll have to pay that off in December and eek i'll be barely squeeking by until January! I wish I had another way of bringing money in, I would get a second job but then I wont be able to stop home to feed my colt in the evening...I wish I was handy like Joe, with his hobby of buying old bikes, atv's, etc fixing them up and selling them for like $5-600 boy, I would be able to live a lot better like that!

I think i'm still going but...I am not so sure anymore...I know I could make it if I didn't already have money dedicated to so many places...*sigh*...well on a good note, my friend said she would be willing to keep my little guy at her place for a few months so i'll be okay to continue looking, but I wonder if i'll come across another place to rent in the country that will allow me to bring him too. Still up in the air....I only have $50 down for the deposit so far, supposed to meet the landlord tomorrow to give him the rest so I have time to say hey, just keep it for the troubles and move on...but I am not sure that I want to...ack...too much going on!

Latest posts

Back